Forums > General Industry > I got recognized today!

Model

Shyly

Pasadena, California, US

Nemesis73 wrote:
Woohoo Shyly!!

Thanks babe!  smile

Oct 23 06 12:46 pm Link

Model

A BRITT PRO-AM

CARDIFF BY THE SEA, California, US

Go go gadget,  i mean,
''Go go secret identity!''

;-)

Oct 23 06 12:49 pm Link

Photographer

BlindMike

San Francisco, California, US

Shyly wrote:
How do your parents feel about your photography?  Sounds like that moment could go either way, depending.

They love my photography, even the nekkid pictures.

Anyways congrats and enjoy. Isn't it great being a rock star? smile

Oct 23 06 12:49 pm Link

Model

Nemesis73

Dayton, Alabama, US

Shyly wrote:

Thanks babe!  smile

Hey no one would ever come up to me even if they did recognize me ... either they'd be scared s**tless or wonder how the hell do you go up to a nude model and tell her "hey, you're Nemesis ... love your work" without sounding creepy and scaring the poor model to death (like that would happen). On campus where I go to college, I can't even get the guys to compliment my chest tribal without starting the sentence with "I wasn't just trying to look at your tits but ..." LMAO

You shoulda given her your autograph smile
N.

Oct 23 06 12:53 pm Link

Photographer

Kinetic Photography

what is "size positive"  ??

Oct 23 06 01:14 pm Link

Model

Meagan Colf

Seligman, Missouri, US

Thats so cool!   Congrats! What a great feeling that must have been! Hope it happens to you again really soon!! You have amazing grace in your port I just looked at it!   So rock it girl!!

Oct 23 06 10:54 pm Link

Model

Shyly

Pasadena, California, US

Nemesis73 wrote:
Hey no one would ever come up to me even if they did recognize me ... either they'd be scared s**tless or wonder how the hell do you go up to a nude model and tell her "hey, you're Nemesis ... love your work" without sounding creepy and scaring the poor model to death (like that would happen). On campus where I go to college, I can't even get the guys to compliment my chest tribal without starting the sentence with "I wasn't just trying to look at your tits but ..." LMAO

LOL!  That's cute, I love it.

Oct 23 06 11:01 pm Link

Model

Shyly

Pasadena, California, US

Kinetic Photography wrote:
what is "size positive"  ??

It just means a positive event about bodies and the varying sizes they come in.  There were thin girls and fat girls there and instead of the usual snarky crap that happens it was about being, well, size positive.  wink

Oct 23 06 11:02 pm Link

Model

Shyly

Pasadena, California, US

Meagan Colf wrote:
Thats so cool!   Congrats! What a great feeling that must have been! Hope it happens to you again really soon!! You have amazing grace in your port I just looked at it!   So rock it girl!!

Aww, you're such a peach, thank you!

Oct 23 06 11:02 pm Link

Photographer

far away

Jackson, Alabama, US

Shyly wrote:
You mean they don't say, "Aren't you the owner of that awesome pair of big fake devil boobies!?"  They're missing out on all the action, man.

LMAO!!! That's too funny!

To be honest, probably more people in this forum know I have the fake devil boobies, than people I know or see offline. Lol...

Oct 23 06 11:19 pm Link

Model

Naomiwynn

Chicago, Illinois, US

I was recognized twice in New York over the past couple of months, both just walking down the street (by MM photogs).

And I'll never forget when I played the villain in the school musical my sophomore year of high school and was recognized and praised by strangers at the mall. That was the BEST.

Oct 23 06 11:38 pm Link

Photographer

lll

Seattle, Washington, US

You know you rock, anyway.  smile  Congrats, you, out of all people, REALLY REALLY deserve this!

Oct 24 06 01:49 am Link

Model

MelissaBaker

New York, New York, US

Ive had that happen also Shly and its really nice to get to meet people from here that you get to know and talk to. Thats so cool and Im happy for you that happened. I think your great also!
Keep up the great work Shly

Oct 24 06 04:39 am Link

Model

Shyly

Pasadena, California, US

Naomiwynn wrote:
I was recognized twice in New York over the past couple of months, both just walking down the street (by MM photogs).

And I'll never forget when I played the villain in the school musical my sophomore year of high school and was recognized and praised by strangers at the mall. That was the BEST.

How totally cool!  I'd recognize you, too, you've got that awesomely festive hair that I just love.

Oct 24 06 09:20 am Link

Model

Shyly

Pasadena, California, US

lll wrote:
You know you rock, anyway.  smile  Congrats, you, out of all people, REALLY REALLY deserve this!

Leo!  You're such a muffin!

Oct 24 06 09:21 am Link

Model

Shyly

Pasadena, California, US

MelissaBaker wrote:
Ive had that happen also Shly and its really nice to get to meet people from here that you get to know and talk to. Thats so cool and Im happy for you that happened. I think your great also!
Keep up the great work Shly

See, that's what was so rock star about it - she's not on MM or anything, she's an up and coming comedienne in Hollywood.  I have no idea how she found out about me, much less recognized me.

Now you, missy, are recognizable.  And if I haven't said so before, congratulations on your HUGE successes lately.  In no time we're all going to be saying, "Hey, I know that supermodel!"

Oct 24 06 09:23 am Link

Model

Manda Mercure

Windsor, Ontario, Canada

Shyly wrote:
That sounds like an excellent beginning to your first novel!

hmm, good idea. i did attempt to write a novel when i was in high school. it didn;t really work out. he was a very interesting character, i think you've given me an idea for a new short story.

Oct 24 06 10:10 am Link

Photographer

- null -

Shyly wrote:
Has that ever happened to you?  Share your rock star stories, they're fun!

The first time I got recognized for writing my vampire novel by a HOT little goth girl at a Faith & The Muse concert.

We ended up dating for awhile.

And 3 days after her 18th birthday, we got together and ... Oh, nevermind ... But the concert-recognition-thing was rad.

Oct 24 06 10:14 am Link

Model

Shyly

Pasadena, California, US

E|||B wrote:
The first time I got recognized for writing my vampire novel by a HOT little goth girl at a Faith & The Muse concert.

And 3 days after her 18th birthday, we got together and ... Oh, nevermind ... But the concert-recognition-thing was rad.

That IS rad, Eric.  (Faith & The Muse were rad too.)

Now that you're all Mr. Hot Model Eric I bet it'll happen more.

What's your novel called?  I want to read it!

Oct 24 06 10:28 am Link

Photographer

- null -

Shyly wrote:

E|||B wrote:

That IS rad, Eric.  (Faith & The Muse were rad too.)

Now that you're all Mr. Hot Model Eric I bet it'll happen more.

What's your novel called?  I want to read it!

Hot model? Riiiiiiiiight.

My novel is called Trite And Embarassing Crap That I Wrote Before I Knew Any Better ... Well, that's the subtitle in my head anyway. wink

Oct 24 06 10:39 am Link