Forums > General Industry > A day in the life of.....

Photographer

Arizona Shoots

Phoenix, Arizona, US

Have you ever had so much stuff you wanted/needed to do and it just gets so overwhelming that you don't know where to start and you wind up doing none of it?

Last night before I went to bed, I promised myself that I would finish editing the photos from my last TFP shoot today.

This morning, I decided it would be a good day to re-design my website.

Then, when I was in the shower I remembered that I need to start packing for my trip to Vegas on Wednesday.

Then I thought it would be a good day to wash my car, change the oil, replace the air filter before my trip.

Then I noticed that I had a couple of e-mails that I needed to respond to.

But just then. Just when the shit was really piling up, I remembered that I was supposed to finish photographing some products for my day job.

And here I sit, buck naked, saying "fuck it. I'll do it all tomorrow."

I'm going to Hooters and watching football instead.

Oct 22 06 03:17 pm Link

Photographer

Tog

Birmingham, Alabama, US

You mean there are days that aren't like that?

I spent my one day off hauling a decade of crap left over from before the divorce out of my room..  (We've been divorced for over 2 years.. How's that for procrastination..)

Moved damn near a ton of stuff.. Damn near killed myself hauling one of the full dumpsters down the stairs.. (Nothing like land skiing head first down stairs to wake you up..) 

And I've barely made a dent..

I have to do lists of the to do lists I need to make.

Oct 22 06 03:19 pm Link

Photographer

udor

New York, New York, US

John Jebbia wrote:
Have you ever had so much stuff you wanted/needed to do and it just gets so overwhelming that you don't know where to start and you wind up doing none of it?

This is my ongoing problem with redoing my website, lasting over 1 1/2 years now! sad

Oct 22 06 03:19 pm Link

Model

e-string

Kansas City, Missouri, US

John Jebbia wrote:

That describes me SO well. My apartment is a mess, and I hate living in it but I never do enough about it.

Oct 22 06 03:20 pm Link

Photographer

Charlie Schmidt

John Jebbia wrote:
...snip......saying "fuck it. I'll do it all tomorrow."

You can not say that...you can't..there are so many other out there that just go for it.... and keep pushing....you need to prioratize and focus..Let the things waite that can..delagate the others....

Delagate the car work...unless you really like that
Postpone the Web redesign..you already have it, it is up and running...

focus on what needs to be done...Review your goals....Check the VIsion...step up to the success

Live with passion, not passtime
Charlie

Oct 22 06 03:22 pm Link

Photographer

dgold

Pawtucket, Rhode Island, US

Well, I would have got it all done.
I would have hired someone to do the mechanical tasks, and another
to do the washing and manual tasks, a webmaster to do/redesign the website and uploading of pics to various sites and I would have answered an email or two, had  a beer and  fun at "Hooters" if I were your age and inclination-at my age, the home theatre makes life easy and the wife dresses down serving me a glass of Brunello and baked pumpkin seeds and packing my bag.
Work? On a Sunday? Only pleasure works on Sundays.
...it's all in the choices.

Oct 22 06 03:27 pm Link

Photographer

Mikell

San Francisco, California, US

my granfather always said to make sure you have a plenty to do
"you'll live longer"
he died at 100

Oct 22 06 03:28 pm Link

Photographer

MWPortraits

mikell wrote:
my granfather always said to make sure you have a plenty to do
"you'll live longer"
he died at 100

If he had postponed a few things, he'd have lived to at least 101. ;P

Just kidding. tongue

Oct 22 06 03:29 pm Link

Photographer

far away

Jackson, Alabama, US

I'm such a procrastinator. I never get anything done.

Oct 22 06 03:44 pm Link