Forums > General Industry > How much money are you willing to spend...

Photographer

Robert Randall

Chicago, Illinois, US

on a DVD of Photoshop retouching techniques. My friend BCG says all of you would spend a fortune to learn. Is this true? If I made a DVD with layered files showing how everything is done would you buy it or scoff at it?

Oct 22 06 11:46 am Link

Model

Benny

Brooklyn, New York, US

BCG? DVD?

Oct 22 06 11:48 am Link

Model

Jessalyn

Denver, Colorado, US

OMG?

Oct 22 06 11:50 am Link

Photographer

Robert Randall

Chicago, Illinois, US

Benny   wrote:
BCG? DVD?

BCG; One of the funniest men the planet has ever produced. Banned for life from MM because he ruffled too many sensitve feathers.

DVD; Plastic frisbie used to archive the greater and lesser accomplisments of mankind.

OMG; Expressive emotional reaction to a circumstance invoking platitudes to a fairy tale creature that Howard Stern says sits on everyone's shoulder while laughing at us.

Oct 22 06 11:50 am Link

Model

Benny

Brooklyn, New York, US

Bob Randall Photography wrote:

BCG; One of the funniest men the planet has ever produced. Banned for life from MM because he ruffled too many sensitve feathers.

DVD; Plastic frisbie used to archive the greater and lesser accomplisments of mankind.

ok how much for BCG? and does it come with free DVD?

Oct 22 06 11:51 am Link

Model

Shyly

Pasadena, California, US

If I were smart enough to figure out from the layers exactly what you did, I'd buy it.  I'd love to learn more from you, your retouching rocks my dirty little socks.

Oct 22 06 11:51 am Link

Photographer

Robert Randall

Chicago, Illinois, US

Shyly wrote:
If I were smart enough to figure out from the layers exactly what you did, I'd buy it.  I'd love to learn more from you, your retouching rocks my dirty little socks.

According to BCG, I would have to have audio to accomodate just that very request. He's so smart.

Oct 22 06 11:53 am Link

Model

Jessalyn

Denver, Colorado, US

OMG; Expressive emotional reaction to a circumstance invoking platitudes to a fairy tale creature that Howard Stern says sits on everyone's shoulder while laughing at us.

how does Benny not know who BCG is? he's been posting more than I have so I would assume he's been posting LONGER than I have....

Oct 22 06 11:54 am Link

Photographer

S

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, US

According to BCG, I would have to have audio to accomodate just that very request. He's so smart.

You have such a phone sex operator's voice.  I'd be okay with that.

smile

Oct 22 06 11:54 am Link

Photographer

JM Dean

Cary, North Carolina, US

Will you talk like Mr. Rogers as Russ Brown does smile

Oct 22 06 11:56 am Link

Photographer

Vance C McDaniel

Los Angeles, California, US

There are so many sites out there that offer services like that for as little as 25 bucks a month, with unlimited access to tutorials tat span the entire Digitl gambit...

Places like http://www.lynda.com/ are a tough act to follow..

Oct 22 06 12:01 pm Link

Photographer

UnoMundo

Olympia, Washington, US

Does BCG come with layers :
Is he Electra-fied ?

Oct 22 06 12:03 pm Link

Photographer

CLT

Winchester, Virginia, US

Jessalyn_54 wrote:
how does Benny not know who BCG is? he's been posting more than I have so I would assume he's been posting LONGER than I have....

Some mods would like to deny that he even existed.

Oct 22 06 12:05 pm Link

Photographer

joeyk

Seminole, Florida, US

Can i get the DVD for TFP/CD?

Or am I SOL?

Oct 22 06 12:06 pm Link

Model

Jessalyn

Denver, Colorado, US

I'll buy it only if BCG lets me shoot with Model THUG

Oct 22 06 12:07 pm Link

Photographer

Robert Randall

Chicago, Illinois, US

Vance wrote:
There are so many sites out there that offer services like that for as little as 25 bucks a month, with unlimited access to tutorials tat span the entire Digitl gambit...

Tough act to follow? Huh!

Oct 22 06 12:14 pm Link

Photographer

Tog

Birmingham, Alabama, US

It's just not the same..

Oct 22 06 12:17 pm Link

Photographer

Robert Randall

Chicago, Illinois, US

Jessalyn_54 wrote:
I'll buy it only if BCG lets me shoot with Model THUG

You want his numbers to make contact. He's on here watching from his new identity but he's finally learned how to attack by stealth so he won't be banned again. God that Thug part was funny. Hasta luego!

Oct 22 06 12:20 pm Link

Photographer

Mortonovich

San Diego, California, US

Hi Bob

I've tried all sorts of books, CD's blah,blah but I just have a real tough time getting a handle on things that way. It's like trying to learn yoga by reading a manual; forget it.

I personally need the haptic experience.

I'd pay zero.

But that's just me.

Oct 22 06 12:21 pm Link

Photographer

Robert Randall

Chicago, Illinois, US

Chip Morton wrote:
Hi Bob

I've tried all sorts of books, CD's blah,blah but I just have a real tough time getting a handle on things that way. It's like tring to learn yoga be reading a manual; forget it.

I personally need the haptic experience.

I'd pay zero.

But that's just me.

I've earned that sum before. Sometimes it can be fine enough.

Oct 22 06 12:23 pm Link

Photographer

Sockpuppet Studios

San Francisco, California, US

well if it the best way for you to teach the masses, personally I learn better sitting on someones knee...*bats eyes*

Oct 22 06 12:25 pm Link

Photographer

rickspix

Vallejo, California, US

i think anything educational is worth your time as you can pick up info that would take you a lot longer to figure out on your own. so i guess i am saying that yes i would be interested but then it comes to how much you are thinking of charging. if it is too pricey you will never sell it but if you put a reasonable price on it then i think you would have some buyers. good luck with it.

Photographer

UnoMundo

Olympia, Washington, US

You want his numbers to make contact. He's on here watching from his new identity but he's finally learned how to attack by stealth so he won't be banned again. God that Thug part was funny. Hasta luego!

what ? what ? 

Calling Supergirl  Electra to find the deviant and send him back to planet Neo.

But he is funny; I will be searching for all lesbian posts.

Photographer

Brian Diaz

Danbury, Connecticut, US

$17.35-$28.14 (depending on the audio)

Oct 22 06 12:30 pm Link

Photographer

David Scott

Marion, Iowa, US

19.95 if you throw in a George Foreman Next Grilleration Lean Mean Fat Reducing Grilling Machine.

Oct 22 06 12:31 pm Link

Photographer

Kevin Connery

El Segundo, California, US

on a DVD of Photoshop retouching techniques. My friend BCG says all of you would spend a fortune to learn. Is this true? If I made a DVD with layered files showing how everything is done would you buy it or scoff at it?

Wouldn't buy; wouldn't scoff.

Oct 22 06 12:31 pm Link

Photographer

Kevin Connery

El Segundo, California, US

Vance wrote:

None of which (that I've seen, and I've seen a LOT of them) that cover truly advanced retouching techniques.

Even Bert Monroy's podcasts don't deal with seriously advanced issues. He knows them; uses them; but most of them aren't so much "techniques" as knowing art well enough to know when which technique is appropriate. Ditto Colin Smith's Photoshop Cafe and every other one I've seen, either online or as a CD/DVD.

Oct 22 06 12:33 pm Link

Photographer

StephanieLM

San Francisco, California, US

I'd be more likely to pay $5 or $10 for an online download of this stuff.  Cut out the materials and shipping costs.  And no frisbee to scratch or lose.

Oct 22 06 12:34 pm Link

Photographer

RBDesign

North East, Maryland, US

I would give my $0.02 for your $0.02. Unless it you were including more than your 2 cents. Like what kind of promotional items would it come with? Blowup model dolls or something?

RB

Oct 22 06 12:34 pm Link

Photographer

Tog

Birmingham, Alabama, US

You can't buy respect on MM..

Of course you also can't EARN respect on MM..

I respect Bob's work..

I must tease Bob's threads..

With that in mind:

Maybe if you throw in a soundtrack of you laughing at me while I work and a nightstick that smells funny..

Oct 22 06 12:49 pm Link

Photographer

Robert Randall

Chicago, Illinois, US

Craig (BCG) just made a suggestion that may increase the interest in this project. How about if the tutorial pictures featured lesbians in full sexual attack mode. Actually, he suggested specific names of moderators to participate, but I thought that might be construed as inflamatory so I opted to simply make it generic lesbians.

Thoughts?

Oct 22 06 12:55 pm Link

Photographer

Tog

Birmingham, Alabama, US

Craig (BCG) just made a suggestion that may increase the interest in this project. How about if the tutorial pictures featured lesbians in full sexual attack mode. Actually, he suggested specific names of moderators to participate, but I thought that might be construed as inflamatory so I opted to simply make it generic lesbians.

Thoughts?

Maybe it's the fashion photographer in me, but I only buy name brand lesbians.

Oct 22 06 01:14 pm Link

Photographer

Jay Bowman

Los Angeles, California, US

WTF?

IMHO, BCG's DVD on PS for TFP/CD here at MM (or OMP) is just BS.  FWIW.

STFU...

Oct 22 06 01:47 pm Link

Photographer

MWPortraits

Kansas City, Missouri, US

Jay Bowman wrote:
WTF?

STFU...

LMAO

Oct 22 06 01:52 pm Link

Photographer

Robert Randall

Chicago, Illinois, US

Jay Bowman wrote:
WTF?

STFU...

Caught everything but STFU, could you elaborate?

Oct 22 06 01:55 pm Link

Photographer

Merlyn Magic Photo

Long Beach, California, US

Caught everything but STFU, could you elaborate?

Shut the _____ up!

But my real reason to post is taking your offer seriously, I like the idea of downloads, and would pay max $9.99 [yeah, I know its ten bucks, but conditioning causes me to only see the 9]. Give a partial away for free, with the notation that the whole vid has the missing stuff put in. Give away the two ends and charge for the middle on the sample. If you're good enough, people will buy. Your end work is excellent, but can you teach?

Oct 22 06 02:10 pm Link

Photographer

Mark Brummitt

Clarkston, Michigan, US

If it were extensive I would pay $100 - $200 but it would have to walk me through virtually every scenerio.

Oct 22 06 02:21 pm Link

Photographer

Robert Randall

Chicago, Illinois, US

Merlyn_Magic Photo wrote:

Shut the _____ up!

But my real reason to post is taking your offer seriously, I like the idea of downloads, and would pay max $9.99 [yeah, I know its ten bucks, but conditioning causes me to only see the 9]. Give a partial away for free, with the notation that the whole vid has the missing stuff put in. Give away the two ends and charge for the middle on the sample. If you're good enough, people will buy. Your end work is excellent, but can you teach?

Got my dog to roll over, does that count?

Oct 22 06 03:45 pm Link

Photographer

Patrick Shipstad

Burbank, California, US

There are a ton from photoshopuser.com, lynda.com, totaltraining.com, shootsmarter.com, etc.
The thing is, there's many different ways to achieve an effect in PS. If you got something completely different than what's out there.. I'd love to see it.  But to answer you're question.. I've spent hundreds on tutorials.

Oct 22 06 04:00 pm Link

Photographer

Johns Photoart

Syracuse, Indiana, US

Photoshopp is a breeze-I've mastered it 10 times over. People can buy books at any bookstore (free at a Library) to learn the skills needed- then practice, practice , practice. Hell no- I wouldn't buy your crap CD!

Oct 22 06 04:04 pm Link