Forums > General Industry > XTi (400D) underexposure... my final thoughts

Photographer

Ought To Be Shot

Saint John, New Brunswick, Canada

After six weeks of shooting and shooting and shooting trying to make sense of what I was experiencing with my XTi... and listening to many tell me that I haven't got a bloody clue, and that I should go back to film, and that I should learn to "see" (not just on MM, but other forums as well), I finally met with a Canon rep (in person) and he tells me... I'm right... there's something wrong with my camera. He quickly has the store replace it with another new XTi and I leave. After two days of shooting... I can assure you, the new camera is performing as I would expect. All exposure issues are gone!

Listen to me people... if you own an XTi, that you paid a chunk of change for, and it's underexposing... then get it checked while it's under warranty. Cameras should expose properly... period. Cameras that have an "Auto" mode should work as a point & shoot... period. Do NOT listen to anyone that tells you different.

This will be my last post on this particular issue. Now that I have a properly working XTi, I'm a happy camper.

Oh, and does my new XTi underexpose?  Yes... by about 0.5 stops on average; but nothing like the 1 to 1.5 stops of the previous camera.

Oct 21 06 12:11 am Link