Forums > General Industry > Missing from a model's profile

Photographer

FotoArcade

San Diego, California, US

Here is a broad question to photographers. What information do you often find missing from most model's profiles that you would like to see included? For example, I appreciate it when a model mentions which days or hours she is most likely to be available. In lieu of weight, I prefer that a model list their range of clothing size including bra and shoe size. I just makes it easier to match the model to the available clothing.

Any other ideas?

Oct 20 06 11:55 pm Link

Photographer

Stephen Melvin

Kansas City, Missouri, US

I'd just be happy with a clear headshot that hasn't had gobs of Gaussian Blur applied to the skin. I'm looking for models, not mannequins...

Oct 20 06 11:58 pm Link

Photographer

NewBoldPhoto

PORT MURRAY, New Jersey, US

A clean, clear headshot, a full body shot, any indication of interests (modeling) and an indication of limits (modeling). When I am looking for a model to hire, I want to know: what you look like, what you are interested in doing and what work you are willing to do.
Give it to me as a bulleted list, make my life easy, that's a models job to make the photographers life easier.

Oct 21 06 12:22 am Link

Photographer

Stephen Melvin

I agree. And be professional and polite. The portfolios where the model rails about what they won't do get passed over. And of course, be polite on the forums.

Oct 21 06 12:24 am Link

Photographer

Hok

Portland, Oregon, US

Tell us something in your profile that describes your personality and desires... but keep it in a professional tone instead of an -on-line dating forum.

Tell us why you would make a good model.

Let us feel you will conduct yourself professionally and be on time.

Do not tell us you are unwilling to do nude work because of moral reasons AND THEN proceed to post sleazy under garment photos with sexualy explicit poses... it sends a mixed message.

Reply to email when someone sends you one.

And please, do not bother with the cell phone pics... lol

Oct 21 06 12:32 am Link

Model

LORA

Washington, District of Columbia, US

So I'm assuming that my bio is way too short... I thought too many words would just be passed over... Guess I'll include the shoe size and dress size, etc.

Oct 21 06 12:34 am Link

Photographer

James Andrew Imagery

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Would sure be nice if the flags that indicate the modelling styles the model wishes to engage in would be VISIBLE!

How *hard* can that be?  Why store that information and not show it?

lol

Oct 21 06 12:35 am Link

Photographer

Collin J. Rae

Winchester, Virginia, US

Real Skin & Shoe Size ...over and out = )

Oct 21 06 12:36 am Link

Photographer

NewBoldPhoto

PORT MURRAY, New Jersey, US

Lora wrote:
So I'm assuming that my bio is way too short... I thought too many words would just be passed over... Guess I'll include the shoe size and dress size, etc.

Too many words- Yes, I would pass by.
You could add a few more words with out reaching the too many mark.smile

Oct 21 06 12:44 am Link

Model

Kizzy

Tulsa, Oklahoma, US

Stephen Melvin wrote:
I agree. And be professional and polite. The portfolios where the model rails about what they won't do get passed over. And of course, be polite on the forums.

Awww....do I HAVE to???   :-)

Oct 21 06 01:38 am Link

Photographer

Stephen Melvin

Kizzy  wrote:
Awww....do I HAVE to???   :-)

It's always a good time to start...

Oct 21 06 02:02 am Link

Photographer

North Pole Photography

NewBoldPhoto wrote:
A clean, clear headshot, a full body shot, any indication of interests (modeling) and an indication of limits (modeling). When I am looking for a model to hire, I want to know: what you look like, what you are interested in doing and what work you are willing to do.
Give it to me as a bulleted list, make my life easy, that's a models job to make the photographers life easier.

Excellent!
Very few "models" have what I call a killer headshot, and way too many have extraneous, irrelevant information in profiles.  Write for the audience!  Talking about your boyfriend, husband, dog, kids, friends, etc., etc., etc., does nothing for you.  Be honest and post recent photographs.  Finally, my pet peeve:  write (reasonably) well.  Your profile is your resume; misspellings, lousy grammar, and "internet-ese" tell me the model is unprofessional and not serious.

Oct 21 06 05:30 am Link

Photographer

charles kafka

Burlington, Vermont, US

Mostly, location,
im not willing to travel 100 miles, for a shoot. or ask a model to travel half way around the state, for tfp, unless we can both work in other reasons for traveling that far.

clear head shots, one with mimimum makeup, and one showing what's she got.
a great full body shot.

what they will, and will not pose for.  this saves alot of time, and trouble for both parties.

thats all I can think of,
other entries might include, whether or not you are a heorine junkie. just out of prision for beating up a photog, a lawsuit addict, or just plain psychotic. Or have restraint orders on an overly jealous ex-boyfriend.
(just kidding?)

Michael Reyes wrote:
Here is a broad question to photographers. What information do you often find missing from most model's profiles that you would like to see included? For example, I appreciate it when a model mentions which days or hours she is most likely to be available. In lieu of weight, I prefer that a model list their range of clothing size including bra and shoe size. I just makes it easier to match the model to the available clothing.

Any other ideas?

Oct 21 06 05:47 am Link

Model

Dances with Wolves

SHAWNEE ON DELAWARE, Pennsylvania, US

Lora wrote:

There's no way to win really. Someone will always have a problem with your profile. I've been left tags telling me to shorten my profile, but I've been commended in being so clear and answering all questions before they could be asked.

I'm just a fan of putting as much information as you can out there, being polite and professional is a given.

-D

Oct 21 06 09:23 am Link

Model

DELETE ACCOUNT

Eškašem, Badakhshan, Afghanistan

Michael Reyes wrote:

Any other ideas?

Michael, good morning!  What a great question this is to read today! 

I have put forth my best effort to make important information available at my business website, which (hopefully) my listings at online portfolio websites support.

Thank you for allowing me to respond to a question asked of photographers.

Cordially,
Kathy

Oct 21 06 09:30 am Link

Photographer

Looknsee Photography

Portland, Oregon, US

The presence or absense of tattoos or piercings.  If present, where.

Oct 21 06 09:52 am Link