Forums > General Industry > Deleting my account?

Photographer

Lautermilch

Fort Lauderdale, Florida, US

The website is well done but I've had enough of models who only want some attention at my expense and will not get in front of the camera. I used to doing street photography and never had the issue of having to deal with someone to pose for a shot.

I've been in touch with over ten models in my area and all wanted to get together but then stopped. It's not worth it.

So how does on delete their account?

Aug 16 05 05:17 pm Link

Photographer

Hoodlum

Sacramento, California, US

Just ask.............bye bye now. smile

Aug 16 05 05:20 pm Link

Photographer

Columbus Photo

Columbus, Georgia, US

Geez, you're fast Dan! wink  Sure he didn't just want some sympathy?

Paul

Aug 16 05 06:28 pm Link

Wardrobe Stylist

stylist man

New York, New York, US

A note on the time stamp.  It will show a person responding within the hour as the same time.

So even if you respond at 7:59 it will show up as 7:07.

And Yes it is on the list but you are always welcome to put anything you want to fix about MM into the site related section or more specifically.

https://www.modelmayhem.com/posts.php?thread_id=7913
The newest new thread of ideas to add on MM

Aug 16 05 06:38 pm Link

Wardrobe Stylist

Basheer

Palo Alto, California, US

He only asked how one goes about deleting their profile, not that he wanted it deleted ...

Aug 16 05 06:52 pm Link

Photographer

Brian Diaz

Danbury, Connecticut, US

Basheer wrote:
He only asked how one goes about deleting their profile, not that he wanted it deleted ...

I think "I've had enough" and "it's not worth it" closed the deal.

Aug 16 05 06:54 pm Link

Photographer

Saerbreathach_Photos

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Is this a cry for some attention or what.  I've never seen anyone make such a blatant "look at me, look at me i want some attention." type post.  Just email the powers that be and tell them you want to close your account.  But the thing is, its free so just don't log onto the site and it won't matter now will it.

Aug 16 05 08:11 pm Link

Photographer

S W I N S K E Y

Saint Petersburg, Florida, US

Morphine Dream wrote:
Is this a cry for some attention or what.  I've never seen anyone make such a blatant "look at me, look at me i want some attention." type post.  Just email the powers that be and tell them you want to close your account.  But the thing is, its free so just don't log onto the site and it won't matter now will it.

you dont know the half of it....

Aug 16 05 08:51 pm Link

Photographer

Saerbreathach_Photos

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Doug Swinskey wrote:

you dont know the half of it....

I sometimes feel that forums are for people who either want attention or for those photogs or models that go looking for compliments and pats on the back... i know this isn't the case but man there seems to be so much of it going on.

Aug 17 05 12:04 am Link

Model

CrystalNichole

College Station, Arkansas, US

You're on a website...key word "WEBSITE".

As with any site that promotes the gathering of models, photographers, and agencies, you must deal with the good and the bad.  No matter what site you venture to, you will still experience the same no-shows and last minute cancellations.

The only advice that I can give you is to be very picky on the models you choose.  Look through their portfolios, contact their references, read what they have to say...The best way to get an idea of who a person is or what qualities mean the most to them is by looking at their work and what they write about themselves. 

This is no guarantee, but I think it would significantly decrease the amount of no-shows you experience.

Good luck in whatever your final decision may be smile

Aug 17 05 07:04 pm Link

Photographer

Zion Imaging

Fond du Lac, Wisconsin, US

Dan Hood MM/Moderator wrote:
Just ask.............bye bye now. smile

Ask and ye shall recieve! Whew! Gone in a flash!

Aug 17 05 07:09 pm Link

Photographer

S W I N S K E Y

Saint Petersburg, Florida, US

careful what you ask for....you just might get it....

Aug 19 05 04:32 pm Link

Model

Lapis

Chicago, Illinois, US

Morphine Dream wrote:
I sometimes feel that forums are for people who either want attention or for those photogs or models that go looking for compliments and pats on the back... i know this isn't the case but man there seems to be so much of it going on.

Maybe you should change the forums you are reading...

Aug 19 05 04:44 pm Link