Forums > General Industry > FREE CANON 30D Camera

Photographer

MDSPHOTO

Greensboro, Georgia, US

Anyone else receive this offer from a place called Product Test Panel.com. Their website looks pretty cheesy so I am not inclined to hand over all my personal info. Any info would be apprecaited.

MDS

Oct 20 06 08:50 pm Link

Photographer

jon mmmayhem

Philadelphia, Mississippi, US

"if it sounds too good to be true..."
"there's no free lunch"
et cetera

Oct 21 06 10:24 am Link

Photographer

Brian Diaz

Danbury, Connecticut, US

I skimmed their Terms and Conditions, and it looks like not only do they sell all of your information to other advertisers, but they require that you take part in other advertisers' offers before you are eligible for free stuff (like the 30D).  And check what they say about these offers:

In cases of a financial offer such as a credit card, the card must be activated by making a purchase, balance transfer or cash advance in order for the offer to be considered "completed", and the user must remain a card holder for at least 60 days. For paid retail offers you must accept the item/service and pay in full. Additional terms and conditions may apply to participation in select marketing offers.  You should read the terms of each offer as provided by the advertiser for an explanation of these terms where they exist.

You may end up getting a cheaper 30D, but you have to jump through a ton of hoops, sign up for credit cards, take in more spam, junk mail, and telemarketing calls, and buy goods and services.

Oct 21 06 12:21 pm Link

Photographer

TA Craft Photography

Bristol, England, United Kingdom

Touch yea not thy offer of goodies without cost.

Oct 22 06 07:46 am Link

Photographer

Vance C McDaniel

Los Angeles, California, US

Yeah, I love these GIVE-A-WAYS..LOL...Easy to spot and easier to delete..:-)

Oct 22 06 08:37 am Link

Photographer

sdsteve

Spokane, Washington, US

DAMN I just bought one yesteday!!

Oct 22 06 08:39 am Link

Photographer

Golden Light

Miami, Florida, US

I'll bet that if you saved $100 a week you would have enough to buy a 30D before they send you one.

Oct 22 06 08:42 am Link