Forums > General Industry > No responses

Model

Brittney Denea

Oceanside, California, US

Why is it that every time I put up a casting call notice nobody responds?  Is there something about my port that makes you think I wouldn't be okay to work with?  I'm trying to understand but it's just frustrating me.  Does anyone else have this problem?

Oct 18 06 09:10 pm Link

Photographer

Arizona Shoots

Phoenix, Arizona, US

I can just see your avatar (images not working for some reason), but there's not a damn thing wrong with you from what I can tell. I'd like to see a couple of the casting calls you are posting though. There may be something weird that you are requesting that doesn't jive. If you could, please post a link to one of your castings.

I have a very busy month of November. Ton of shoots scheduled. I'm not sure where Galt is, but depending on when you'll be in So. Cal. I think just based on your avatar, I'd be interested in shooting with you.

Oct 18 06 09:16 pm Link

Model

Ivy Jo

Amarillo, Texas, US

The computer I'm at (public library, my laptop died) won't load your pics, so I couldn't tell ya based on those. Based on your profile, you are a little short for the high fashion you mention wanting to do. Also, based on your stats, you don't seem to be very curvy, which is almost a pre-requisite for net modeling.

Oct 18 06 09:17 pm Link

Photographer

Sockpuppet Studios

San Francisco, California, US

your located in Galt..CA
That is almost 2 hours from san jose.
to the east,

Not a very poplulated area for many.
Try getting work in SF.

Also MM's images are down so can't give you much of a critique there but if your avitar is your best image, you should begetting on the line and contacting the best photographers you can get to for TFP.

P.S. I just read your tags, You have at least 5 photographers with offers of work. Have you contacted them?
and several other photograhers who have said nice port and welcome to MM that are in nor cal.
Get to calling/emailing.

Oct 18 06 09:30 pm Link

Photographer

NCISTUDIOS

Ripon, California, US

Your in Galt less than 30 minutes from Ripon, I would love to work with you. I too cannot view your photos but your avatar looks great. I see you are in LA this weekend...... Perhaps timing is bad...we have an opening this weekend for a friday/Sat shoot in Auburn. The Locale is awsome!.............

However if interested in shooting let me know I prefer to work with local talent.

Oct 18 06 09:35 pm Link

Model

Jay Dezelic

Seattle, Washington, US

I think its hard for models to get responses from the casting forum since it is probably read more by models than photogs.  Maybe try searching photogs in your area and PM them directly. smile

Oct 18 06 09:46 pm Link

Model

CrazyRussianHelicopter

Madison, Alabama, US

Yeah, you should add some diversity to your port.  Red cross on every picture looks boring.

wink

___
It is better to find one good photogropher and work with him, rather then put a casting call for general public, just my personal opinion.

Oct 18 06 09:48 pm Link

Model

Shyly

Pasadena, California, US

My personal experience has been that casting calls aren't the way to go.  When I was first getting started I spent hours combing sites like these for photographers whose work inspired me.  Then I wrote to them about what I liked in their work, and why I'd like to be a part of it.  It's time consuming, but it works, particularly if you're willing to work in exchange for photos.

Oct 18 06 09:50 pm Link

Photographer

Stephen Melvin

Kansas City, Missouri, US

I wish I could see your photos. Your avi photo looks quite nice. I may be in your neighborhood next month...

Oct 18 06 09:57 pm Link

Photographer

Stephen Melvin

Kansas City, Missouri, US

Madcitychel wrote:
It is better to find one good photogropher and work with him, rather then put a casting call for general public, just my personal opinion.

Or get engaged to a great photographer. smile

Oct 18 06 09:58 pm Link

Model

Kizzy

Tulsa, Oklahoma, US

Don't worry about it, nobody responds to mine either!  Just make friends with some photographers in your area and build up your port!

Oct 18 06 10:01 pm Link

Model

Wynd Mulysa

Berkeley, California, US

People rarely respond to "model available" casting calls no matter who you are.
Try other things.  smile.

Oct 18 06 10:02 pm Link

Model

NC17

Baltimore, Maryland, US

Casting calls rarely work well for models. Its definately a good place to read through though if you're looking for work. Photographers post there a lot so you can keep up with things going on in your area.

It takes work to get work, though. You definately have to put a lot of effort into putting yourself out there. Get out on the forums and be active, be seen and behave in a professional manner at all times. People will take notice. Leave lots of comments and tags. It takes a lot of work to get a few shoots, but once you are active things will get rolling. I was just out west for six weeks and am trying to get back nto the swing of things and its really difficult.

Best of luck!

Oct 18 06 10:32 pm Link

Photographer

Hope Parr

New Orleans, Louisiana, US

ya your images are not working

Oct 18 06 11:09 pm Link

Photographer

Curt at photoworks

Riverside, California, US

Kizzy  wrote:
Don't worry about it, nobody responds to mine either!  Just make friends with some photographers in your area and build up your port!

Kizzy - you put one up and I'll respond to it!

xoxo
Curt

Oct 18 06 11:28 pm Link

Photographer

Arizona Shoots

Phoenix, Arizona, US

Curt Burgess wrote:
Kizzy - you put one up and I'll respond to it!

xoxo
Curt

Curt. I been dying to shoot with Kizzy. I'll split the plane ticket with you. Seriously too. You get her one day, me the next.

Oct 18 06 11:30 pm Link