Forums > General Industry > Ab Development, Diet, and Posture

Model

JustinM

New York, New York, US

Hey all,

A friend of mine was saying that in order to get really defined abs, aside from diet, one must have perfect posture in order to really work the abs correctly and so they "stack" properly when standing.

As a soccer player, I have very tight leg muscles, hips, obliques, hip flexors, etc - I was wondering if anyone has experience with how I can best go about loosening these msucles all up - I stretch a bunch but Im guessing there is a better, more efficient way to do it.

Was wondering what ab exercises everyone does for "deep grooved" abs - what do you do for lower abs and obliques specifically?

Also, regarding diet - I would appreciate anyone's insight or expertise with constructing a diet.  Im an athlete and am always hungry as a result.  Would appreciate someone'e help with crafting a diet plan based upon my goals.

Please private message me if you would like to help or share insight.

I look forward to reading it.  Thanks!

Oct 18 06 05:59 pm Link

Photographer

Hope Parr

New Orleans, Louisiana, US

Having defined abs is allot of genetics, the other part is allot of different stomache exercises. Abs is also a bodypart that you can work to the max everyday and not overwork the muscles.

If you already have low bodyfat, then what I used to do was 100 reps before working out. mix them up, do 25 crunches, some hanging leg raises, then maybe some more crunches then maybe some on an ab machine... but do then all together, dont do 25..go get some water, hang out... then do some more...move from set to set with a purpose. If you work them hard enough and long enough, your bound to see if you have the genetics smile

Oct 19 06 04:03 am Link