Forums > General Industry > I need touchup practice

Photographer

Jarco Photography

Midwest City, Oklahoma, US

If any photographers(or models?) have any untouched pictures they took, could you maybe send me a few in the large format?  They can be bad pictures that you decided to not use or whatnot, I just want to see what a good photographer produces and what they have to work with to make it look like what you see in magazines.

If you can help me out, please email the picture to [email protected]

I'd prefer the picture be as large as possible, but I doubt I'll get too big, people might think I'm trying to steal it or somethign!

Oct 18 06 03:00 am Link

Photographer

PK Digital Imaging

Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada

There's a thread in the Photography Talk forum with your name on it.

-PKD

Oct 18 06 03:11 am Link

Photographer

Jarco Photography

PK Digital Imaging wrote:
There's a thread in the Photography Talk forum with your name on it.

-PKD

But I'm asking for full resolution pictures(hopfully everybody using +8mp cameras..

Oct 18 06 03:14 am Link

Photographer

S_D

San Diego, California, US

Honestly, A bad pic would not be anything you'd find in a Magazine.

I myself start with over 200 pics then narrow it down to around 5 or 6.  The others are either under-over exposed, Model is blinking or funky expression.  No matter how good one is in photoshop one of my bad pics or Renowned photog will never make it to a cover or get published.

The main purpose is to get it right in the camera and eliminate photoshop all together.  I wish I could say I dont need PS but I do and am trying @ every shoot to eliminate having to PS.

Without sounding rude, Unless the photogs here dont care about their work you wont get any pics from them. It's kind of a silly request.

Oct 18 06 03:17 am Link

Photographer

JM Dean

Cary, North Carolina, US

You’re a photographer, why not take one smile
And no, we all don’t have 8megapixel cameras yet wink

Oct 18 06 03:24 am Link

Photographer

Thom Bourgois

Tucson, Arizona, US

I won’t let a bad photograph out of my sight.  The point is to get it right the first time but little things happen to cause most frames to be rejected.  Typically one shot of a hundred will make gallery quality.  Some others will be good, but not good enough.

Oct 18 06 03:27 am Link

Photographer

Jarco Photography

JM Dean wrote:
You’re a photographer, why not take one smile
And no, we all don’t have 8megapixel cameras yet wink

I dont have any people to take pics of.

Guess I'll try to do myself.  I got plenty of flaws!  Rough childhood, always going on adventures and making trips to the ER!

Oct 18 06 03:28 am Link

Photographer

S_D

San Diego, California, US

Do what I do before a shoot..... I have a Bust of Ben Franklin and a Greek Dude.. Shoot them to get my lighting correct for what the shoot requires. Go from there.

Shoot anything and everything, But do try to get it right in the camera first. Its about photography, Not editing.

Oct 18 06 03:31 am Link

Photographer

JM Dean

Cary, North Carolina, US

grphx wrote:

I dont have any people to take pics of.

Guess I'll try to do myself.  I got plenty of flaws!  Rough childhood, always going on adventures and making trips to the ER!

hehe. Grab one of those cute girls in your port. When I first started the kids were happy to model for me. Now they wont come near me if I have a camera smile

Oct 18 06 03:34 am Link

Photographer

GDS Photos

London, England, United Kingdom

Okay, sent you one from a shoot I didn't use.

Oct 18 06 03:49 am Link