Forums > General Industry > What I'd wish for.....

Photographer

Jim Ball

Frontenac, Kansas, US

Thanksgiving is coming, and lots of us like to follow the tradition of pulling the wishbone with a friend or loved one, with the winner getting to make a wish.  Well, since the likelihood of getting that wish is right up there with the likelihood of me winning the next Powerball lottery. I might as well plan on a really way out wish--just in case. smile

Ok,

"I wish internet models would be polite & professional enough to call and cancel instead of being a no show."

"I wish internet models would have the decency to reply after the fact when the photographer sends a polite inquiry as to why they did not show."  (If it's a valid reason, I'd reschedule or consider using them again)

"I wish models who do not want to shoot with a photographer would just say so and would not reply with "I'm very interested, yadda yadda yadda," up until a day or so before the planned shoot, then suddenly disappear off the face of the earth." (alien abduction?)

Does anyone know where that dead hores is? wink

Just in case you are wondering - Booked 7 models, two show. (wonderful experience with Jessalyn & Erin, btw.)  The other five were no-show, no call the day of the shoot.  Two of them are repeat no-shows and have joined a growing list of "never contact again" models.

*****sigh*****

Oct 17 06 06:50 pm Link

Model

Jessalyn

Denver, Colorado, US

my wish is that you will someday have your huge shoot at the B&B and have every model and MUA show up that says they will smile

as unrealistic as that is, I'll instead say I wish every shoot was as fun as ours!

Oct 17 06 06:56 pm Link

Photographer

Harley Chow

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Same here,

Booked a few models, and pretty much half cancelled, or no show.  I know that its for TFCD but, the no shows are just too much.

Where do i black list them??

Oct 17 06 06:57 pm Link

Photographer

Jim Ball

Frontenac, Kansas, US

Jessalyn_54 wrote:
my wish is that you will someday have your huge shoot at the B&B and have every model and MUA show up that says they will smile

as unrealistic as that is, I'll instead say I wish every shoot was as fun as ours!

The no-shows don't know what they missed out on, do they? smile

Oct 17 06 06:58 pm Link

Photographer

Mikel Featherston

San Diego, California, US

Harley Chow wrote:
Same here,

Booked a few models, and pretty much half cancelled, or no show.  I know that its for TFCD but, the no shows are just too much.

Post their names in your profile, if you want that kind of bad press hanging around your neck like an albatross.

Oct 17 06 06:59 pm Link

Photographer

Jim Ball

Frontenac, Kansas, US

Harley Chow wrote:
Same here,

Just make a note to yourself to never try to contact those models again.  If you get another photographer asking for a reference, just be honest about your experiences with that model.

Oct 17 06 07:00 pm Link

Photographer

Stephen Melvin

Kansas City, Missouri, US

Jim Ball wrote:
Just make a note to yourself to never try to contact those models again.  If you get another photographer asking for a reference, just be honest about your experiences with that model.

Exactly. I worked with one of Jim's no-shows the week before and had a great shoot with her. There's no telling why she didn't show, so blacklisting someone because of a single event is premature.

I had another experience with a model that's on MM and OMP. She canceled two days before a shoot, because of a mild family emergency. Fine. We rescheduled. She canceled two days before the rescheduled shoot, because of a work emergency. I decided that we probably won't work together, and gave up on trying to schedule her. But there's no reason to make a big fuss about it.

Oct 17 06 07:06 pm Link

Photographer

i c e c o l d

Fort Myers, Florida, US

Jim Ball wrote:
"I wish internet models would be polite & professional enough to call and cancel instead of being a no show."

Jim, you would be better off wishing for world peace!

Anyway....my wish is to have Jessalyn visit down south so I may shoot her on the warm sunny beaches of Florida.

Jim Ball wrote:

Last time I saw it, it was being dragged thru the Off Topic section.

Oct 17 06 07:08 pm Link

Model

Mia Mali

Los Angeles, California, US

I'd wish to be taller and prettier.  And get that one shoot that pays a ton, so I don't have to worry about finances and can just do fun shoots afterwards.  And perhaps win the Powerball also.

Oct 17 06 07:10 pm Link

Model

Jessalyn

Denver, Colorado, US

Icecold Images wrote:

Jim Ball wrote:

Jim, you would be better off wishing for world peace!

Anyway....my wish is to have Jessalyn visit down south so I may shoot her on the warm sunny beaches of Florida.

Last time I saw it, it was being dragged thru the Off Topic section.

so another wish of mine is to go play on the beaches in Florida!! smile

Oct 17 06 07:16 pm Link

Model

Mia Mali

Los Angeles, California, US

Jessalyn_54 wrote:

i got to this weekend.  soooo relaxing.  i recommend bringing a hammock to north beach in miami and just laying there.

Oct 17 06 07:18 pm Link

Photographer

Jim Ball

Frontenac, Kansas, US

Jessalyn_54 wrote:

If you go, please be sure to come back.  I haven't exhausted all possibilities for photo shoots with you yet!

Oct 17 06 07:18 pm Link

Photographer

Stephen Melvin

Kansas City, Missouri, US

Jim Ball wrote:
If you go, please be sure to come back.  I haven't exhausted all possibilities for photo shoots with you yet!

Nobody has, Jim. smile

Oct 17 06 07:29 pm Link

Model

DOne

Seattle, Washington, US

Jim Ball wrote:

I believe I saw a buzzard picking at the bones.

smile Meela

Oct 17 06 07:39 pm Link

Photographer

i c e c o l d

Fort Myers, Florida, US

Jessalyn_54 wrote:

Drew now wishes for Santa to leave a plane ticket in Jessalyn's stocking for Xmas!

:::Drew now goes to couch in search of spare change just in case:::

Oct 17 06 07:39 pm Link

Model

Jessalyn

Denver, Colorado, US

Icecold Images wrote:

Drew now wishes for Santa to leave a plane ticket in Jessalyn's stocking for Xmas!

:::Drew now goes to couch in search of spare change just in case:::

*jessalyn goes and buys another swimsuit to add to her 1,239 she already has*

Oct 17 06 08:55 pm Link

Model

Nemesis73

Dayton, Alabama, US

I wish:

a) people would quit whining about everyone else
b) photographers would quit trying to shoot alt/goth/fetish models using the same techniques they use on catalog/editorial/fashion models ... (this is a pet peeve)
c) for my classes to hurry up and get finished so I can graduate and get a real job and have more time and money to travel and model.

or something.

Nemi

Oct 17 06 11:49 pm Link

Model

Uber Dami

New Haven, Connecticut, US

i wish we could just skip over thanksgiving since it sucks hardcore and i hate it officially now

Oct 17 06 11:52 pm Link

Model

Jessalyn

Denver, Colorado, US

Über Dami wrote:
i wish we could just skip over thanksgiving since it sucks hardcore and i hate it officially now

what do you hate about it??

I love seeing my mom wasted. smile it's the one time during the year that happens.

Plus scalloped potatoes = heaven.

Oct 18 06 08:39 am Link

Photographer

RA Photos

Sumter, South Carolina, US

I wish Hugh Hefner would hire me and I can leave my current job.  I also wish that Liz Ashley, Betcee May, Jocelyn, Carly, Tyler, Giselle, and so many other models make there way to Hawaii and work with me.

Oct 18 06 08:44 am Link

Model

Lady_Death

I wish for the Portugal, Brasilian, and Italian Soccer team to be my love slaves forever and a side order of Wolverine and Batman (Christain Bale) to go... if not all that then I'll take one team smile heehehehe and they must wear tube socks and wash dishes... dream big I say smile

Oct 18 06 08:47 am Link

Photographer

Maynard Southern

Knoxville, Tennessee, US

I wish the damn wee people would quit wakin' me up in the middle of the night by poking toothpicks under my toenails.

Oct 18 06 08:49 am Link

Model

Jessalyn

Denver, Colorado, US

Lady_Death wrote:
I wish for the Portugal, Brasilian, and Italian Soccer team to be my love slaves forever and a side order of Wolverine and Batman (Christain Bale) to go... if not all that then I'll take one team smile heehehehe and they must wear tube socks and wash dishes... dream big I say smile

Wolverine can slice me up any day....

Oct 18 06 09:08 am Link

Model

Nemesis73

Dayton, Alabama, US

Jessalyn_54 wrote:

Wolverine can slice me up any day....

as long as he's not wearing spandex -- that's just tacky.

N.

Oct 18 06 10:00 am Link

Model

Jessalyn

Denver, Colorado, US

Nemesis73 wrote:

as long as he's not wearing spandex -- that's just tacky.

N.

I agree. Spandex only looks good if you're riding a bike....and you don't weigh 300 pounds.

Oct 18 06 10:42 am Link

Photographer

oldguysrule

i'd wih to make it to another Thanksgiving.

oh. this is a model-no-show thread? hmmm. ok. well te only subjects  that ever flake on me are the ones i marry or live with or support. go figure.

Oct 18 06 10:53 am Link

Model

Lapis

Chicago, Illinois, US

oldguysrule wrote:
i'd wih to make it to another Thanksgiving.

oh. this is a model-no-show thread? hmmm. ok. well te only subjects  that ever flake on me are the ones i marry or live with or support. go figure.

I wish you are able to shoot with me again.

We barely even started. And I promise you don't have to marry, support or otherwise get involved in my life, though you may have to come to Chicago for a few days......

Oct 18 06 10:59 am Link

Photographer

Klassic Photo

Bullhead City, Arizona, US

I wish they would bring back the 8 track and muscle cars  : )  oh yeah   and the world peace thing

Oct 18 06 11:05 am Link

Model

Jessalyn

Denver, Colorado, US

Bullhead Photography wrote:
I wish they would bring back the 8 track and muscle cars  : )  oh yeah   and the world peace thing

bring it back? I didn't think world peace was ever here!

Oct 18 06 11:36 am Link

Model

Uber Dami

New Haven, Connecticut, US

Jessalyn_54 wrote:

what do you hate about it??

I love seeing my mom wasted. smile it's the one time during the year that happens.

Plus scalloped potatoes = heaven.

i hate it because my finace died on thanksgiving and sure the holiday is on a different date every year but i dont care its the principal of the matter....plus i cant stand my family and i try and avoid them any time i can.  my family calls me on thanksgiving and xmas and try to get me to go see them its retarded

Oct 18 06 11:39 am Link

Model

Jessalyn

Denver, Colorado, US

Über Dami wrote:

i hate it because my finace died on thanksgiving and sure the holiday is on a different date every year but i dont care its the principal of the matter....plus i cant stand my family and i try and avoid them any time i can.  my family calls me on thanksgiving and xmas and try to get me to go see them its retarded

I'm lucky that my family is small. just my parents and 4 siblings. everyone else is in California. I have a few friends who do not speak with their families so I invite them to spend Thanksgiving with me and my family and that never ceases to touch my friends hearts.

and I'm sorry for your loss

Oct 18 06 11:41 am Link

Model

Arthur's Town, Cat Island, Bahamas

1. I'd wish that my daddy's health would get better.
2. I'd wish that I'd no longer have to worry about fiances.
3. I'd wish that I could be happy forever.

smile

Oct 18 06 11:44 am Link

Model

Arthur's Town, Cat Island, Bahamas

Über Dami wrote:

I'm so sorry to hear this uber! sad

Oct 18 06 11:45 am Link