Forums > General Industry > myspace jobs

Model

Libby Glanzer

Alexandria, Minnesota, US

I know there's a million forums about myspace but none that I could find that say how to book jobs off of there.  Do you just keep adding friends untill someone contacts you?  Seems kind of hopeless, there's got to be a better way than that.

Oct 16 06 07:41 pm Link

Photographer

Eye Behold

Fountain Hills, Arizona, US

hmmm, just go to the casting calls in the classifieds section. choose your city, and go to casting calls and models. I've posted a few in there and randomly check to see what other people are doing as well, but myspace is the place to be. I book more models from myspace then mm, OMP, and musecube combined. got to love it.

Yazzie

Oct 16 06 07:44 pm Link

Photographer

John W Cochran

Auburn, Alabama, US

I just really started trying to use my space.  What searches or functions do you use to find the models?

Oct 16 06 07:46 pm Link

Photographer

Rik Austin

Austin, Texas, US

John W Cochran wrote:
I just really started trying to use my space.  What searches or functions do you use to find the models?

Go to "Affiliations for Networking" under Search.  That will take you to an area search page. Just started using and it seems to have some promise.

Oct 16 06 07:50 pm Link

Model

Libby Glanzer

Alexandria, Minnesota, US

Eric5312 wrote:

Go to "Affiliations for Networking" under Search.  That will take you to an area search page. Just started using and it seems to have some promise.

this is gonna sound pretty dumb but then what do I do?  I'm new at the whole myspace thing and don't know how to do anything yet

Oct 16 06 07:57 pm Link

Photographer

Jack North

Benicia, California, US

it is confusing. I think you have to see your networks, and then click on one. You have to set up your networks first.

Oct 17 06 06:49 pm Link

Photographer

Blaneyphoto

New York, New York, US

I get plenty of work via myspace. Much of it is work for bands, so I guess it makes sense that those jobs would come from there. I did get an offer recently to be on the upcoming BRAVO show, Better Half. Needless to say, I turned them down. Anyone else get asked? They seemed desperate!

Oct 17 06 07:33 pm Link

Model

Carrie_K

Orlando, Florida, US

Just got a well paid job off of there this last weekend. But they found me. I'll need to look into how that search thing works on there.

Oct 17 06 07:36 pm Link

Model

NC17

Baltimore, Maryland, US

I'm really reluctant to get on the myspace bandwagon from a modeling standpoint... There are so many trolls and such on there its insane. How does one maintain a modeling "profile" on there without getting bombarded by trolls, or does one simply just suck it up and deal with it?

I really am curious about this because if its another way to make money, then its worth looking into.

Oct 17 06 08:29 pm Link