Forums > General Industry > Is this Job Legit?

Model

Megan Kathleen

Phoenix, Arizona, US

I have a man named Jeffrey Jefferson who e-mailed my yahoo account stating he say my model profile and wants me to come to Europe end of this month for a runway show and shoot for 5 days. My trip would be paid for and I would be paid a supposed 12,000 usd for the job but that I'd first have to send a money order for $200usd for an admittance and insurance fee to some randowm town in Nigeria. I don't hink this is legit. Anyone have any idea about my situation?

Oct 16 06 03:32 pm Link

Photographer

Zave Smith Photography

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, US

listen to your gut, your gut is telling you to run a way from this bogus offer.

zave smith

Oct 16 06 03:35 pm Link

Photographer

Shutterclick

Los Angeles, California, US

You can send me 200.00 and I'll tell you your queen of the universe!! That is a MAJOR scam..

Model

e-string

Kansas City, Missouri, US

Wow. Obviously a scam.

They want you to pay = scam.

Too good to be true = scam.

Nigeria = scam.

Booking you without seeing you in person = scam.

Model

Susi

Atlanta, Georgia, US

Scam...Scam....Scam....:-)

Oct 16 06 03:36 pm Link

Photographer

Rahim The Photographer

Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada

It's bullshit.  He's asked a few models here too.. under a different name..
Why would they need you to put in $200, if they are willing to pay you $12,000.. without meeting you first?

This scam's been going on for a while now

Oct 16 06 03:36 pm Link

Photographer

M Pandolfo Photography

Tampa, Florida, US

Think of the $200 as an investment in your career. Once it's cashed and you never hear from them again you've learned a valuable lesson for only $200...much less expensive than paying thousands to a model recruiter or model search company.

Oct 16 06 03:46 pm Link

Photographer

Golden Light

Miami, Florida, US

I got two offers to go to Lisben Spain and shoot a fashion show. Me one of the biggest GWC hacks on MM. Yes this is a scam. An ugly petty SCAM.

Oct 16 06 03:46 pm Link

Photographer

M Pandolfo Photography

Tampa, Florida, US

Golden Light wrote:
I got two offers to go to Lisben Spain and shoot a fashion show. Me one of the biggest GWC hacks on MM. Yes this is a scam. An ugly petty SCAM.

Yes it's bad when the scammer can't even correctly spell the location. I'm pretty sure it's Lisbon, Spain lol.

Oct 16 06 03:48 pm Link

Photographer

ttbrown photography

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, US

No brainer...don't ...

Oct 16 06 03:49 pm Link

Model

KS24

Nashville, Tennessee, US

Are you kidding me.......Jeffrey Jefferson......creative (sarcasm)

Oct 16 06 03:50 pm Link

Photographer

Michael Kirst

Los Angeles, California, US

Send me the 200 bucks instead and I will register and name a star after you.

Oh wait.... that scams already being done as well...damn!

Oct 16 06 03:57 pm Link

Model

KS24

Nashville, Tennessee, US

How about someone just send me $200 period

Oct 16 06 03:58 pm Link

Model

Jessalyn

Denver, Colorado, US

if you have to pay money just to get money in return then it's a scammity scam scam.

Oct 16 06 04:00 pm Link

Model

Jessalyn

Denver, Colorado, US

Michael Pandolfo wrote:
Think of the $200 as an investment in your career. Once it's cashed and you never hear from them again you've learned a valuable lesson for only $200...much less expensive than paying thousands to a model recruiter or model search company.

I agree, this is definitely a cheap lesson! Other models pay much more to get screwed over and learn their lesson!

Oct 16 06 04:01 pm Link

Model

KS24

Nashville, Tennessee, US

Michael Pandolfo wrote:

Well said...great example!

Oct 16 06 04:02 pm Link

Model

arianna77

Germantown, Maryland, US

I'd have to say that anything involving Nigeria in any way, shape or form is a scam.

Oct 16 06 04:57 pm Link

Photographer

AndrewG

Mesa, Arizona, US

Jessalyn_54 wrote:
I agree, this is definitely a cheap lesson! Other models pay much more to get screwed over and learn their lesson!

Hey, I have heard of some models paying even more than 200..getting screwed over, and still not learning a lesson.

Oct 16 06 05:08 pm Link

Model

Claire Elizabeth

Exton, Pennsylvania, US

Judging by your very new port Id say so not legit.

Oct 16 06 05:11 pm Link

Photographer

SKPhoto

Newark, California, US

Dang...the emails I get are for something else, they're probably a scam too.  I was looking forward to having my manhood doubled, as well as hitting the next big stock pick, but don't understand why they would think I want to increase my breast size.

Oct 16 06 05:41 pm Link

Photographer

Emeritus

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

I have to wonder . . . does anyone, anyone at all, who asks these questions have any reason to believe the offer is legitimate?  Could it possibly, by any stretch of the imagination, be real?

And yet we get these posts daily.

Oct 16 06 05:44 pm Link

Photographer

RGK Photography

Wilton, Connecticut, US

Megan Kathleen wrote:
I have a man named Jeffrey Jefferson who e-mailed my yahoo account stating he say my model profile and wants me to come to Europe end of this month for a runway show and shoot for 5 days. My trip would be paid for and I would be paid a supposed 12,000 usd for the job but that I'd first have to send a money order for $200usd for an admittance and insurance fee to some randowm town in Nigeria. I don't hink this is legit. Anyone have any idea about my situation?

Man they are branching out. Normally it's I have money I can't get out of the bank without your help.

Oct 16 06 07:59 pm Link

Photographer

Christopher b Smyth

Airdrie, Alberta, Canada

Anything with a randon Nigerian town or anything similar is a scam it is actually called the Nigerian Scam and there is a link on a thread somewhere I am looking for it now.
Ignore them or ask them to send a money order

Oct 23 06 01:35 pm Link

Photographer

A Traveler

San Francisco, California, US

can we replace the green couch picture with some text telling everyone that any offer of 10,000 + and the mention of nigeria is obviously a scam.

Oct 24 06 12:16 am Link

Photographer

Arizona Shoots

Phoenix, Arizona, US

Yeah. Cause we all know those T-shirts say

London
Paris
New York
Lagos

Oct 24 06 12:19 am Link

Model

ModelDMV

Ak-Chin Village, Arizona, US

Just got an email from him as well... for a shoot in england. The name gave it away....it was an @yahoo account too... and he called himself a consultant.

Oct 25 06 12:36 pm Link

Photographer

Dee

Toledo, Ohio, US

What ever happened to googling? Jesus Christ people are you really that naive???

Oct 25 06 12:40 pm Link

Model

_Alexandra

Alexandria, Virginia, US

Someone once emailed me saying they were located in England and had a .com account.  Obviously, I didn't fall for it.

Oct 25 06 12:44 pm Link

Photographer

Shoreline Studio

Sandusky, Ohio, US

OP must be joking with us, right? Everyone knows about these scams now, in the various guises. My wife gets 20 a day, one type or another of "send us just $200" or some amount, in her email. (And she's not even a model, LOL!) But when you throw in Nigeria - well, it's like waving the red flag at the bull. Why do we even bother with these anymore, unless it's really a funny offer?

Oct 25 06 12:46 pm Link

Photographer

Curt at photoworks

Riverside, California, US

Shoreline Studio wrote:
OP must be joking with us, right? Everyone knows about these scams now, in the various guises. My wife gets 20 a day, one type or another of "send us just $200" or some amount, in her email. (And she's not even a model, LOL!) But when you throw in Nigeria - well, it's like waving the red flag at the bull. Why do we even bother with these anymore, unless it's really a funny offer?

Yes, it's got to be a joke on the OP's part. No way someone is this clueless.

Oct 25 06 01:08 pm Link