Forums > General Industry > Model Kudos - Two great MM models!

Photographer

Jim Ball

Frontenac, Kansas, US

I just returned home from a photo shoot, and have to post a compliment to two great MM models, Jessalyn_54, Mayhem #169688 and Erin Knight, Mayhem #134502.

These ladies showed up on time and ready to work.  They were both hard working, professional, and a real pleasure to work with.  I'm looking forward to working with them again in the future.

To the other five models who either gave me e-mail confirmations or phone confirmations a couple of days before the photo shoot, then pulled a no show, no call, refuse to answer the phone on Saturday, "Ladies, you missed out on a great photo shoot and the loss is all yours."

Oct 15 06 10:39 am Link

Photographer

mr. wizard

Alameda, California, US

nice to see the good ones get some credit for a change.

Oct 15 06 10:44 am Link

Photographer

Stephen Melvin

Kansas City, Missouri, US

I've been praising Jessie for a couple of months now. Dammit, she shows up. Even drove through a monsoon once, hydroplaning along the way, to shoot with me. The result is my avatar photo.

Oct 15 06 11:06 am Link

Model

Lapis

Chicago, Illinois, US

Thank you for being positive about models. It is nice. And, it proves that there are many good and even great ones out there with dedication to their craft. They understand it is work as well as fun.

Oct 15 06 11:09 am Link

Photographer

Jim Ball

Frontenac, Kansas, US

Lapis wrote:
Thank you for being positive about models. It is nice. And, it proves that there are many good and even great ones out there with dedication to their craft. They understand it is work as well as fun.

There ARE good ones out there, and they deserve all the praise they can get.

I don't get angry at the no-show's, but I do feel disappointment.  I am especially disappointed when the no-show is a model I've worked with before and had a great experience with.

Oct 15 06 11:17 am Link

Photographer

Vintagevista

Sun City, California, US

Well, if our format is "two great models"  - After a summer of a shooting drought, I shot twice recently.  Both models were exceptional - smart - and true Co-Creators of many of the shots I have taken.

Raverchic #40800 has been a joy - with a range from Vintage (my current Avatar), Pinups, to "Way beyond creepy".  Has made it thru illness, and gotten the shots, even  when there was only bodypaint between her and the 45 degree air. 

Nyxvalentine #61165 is a very remarkable young woman - Exceptionally smart and artistic.  On time - great communications - and always fun to work with - (Even in trying locations and evil cold nights)  Her input always adds more to my images.

I really feel blessed, all the time, to find people with these qualities to work with.

VintageV

Oct 15 06 11:31 am Link

Photographer

Vintagevista

Sun City, California, US

double post monster - Sorry

Oct 15 06 11:31 am Link

Photographer

Jim Ball

Frontenac, Kansas, US

Now I'm getting concerned for the well being of one of the no-show models.  I've learned from a couple of other people that she had been looking forward to our photo shoot yesterday, but has suddenly stopped responding to everyone within the last few days.  I hope that no misfortune has occurred to her.

Oct 15 06 12:07 pm Link

Photographer

Jim Ball

Frontenac, Kansas, US

The model I was worried about in the above post just contacted me today.  She was in a bad car wreck right after my last contact with her.  She suffered some  injuries, including a concussion, dislocated shoulder and broken wrist.  She's wearing an arm cast right now, but is ready to work once she's out of the cast. :-)

I'm just glad that her injuries were not more serious.  Just goes to prove that sometimes there are real reasons for no-shows.

Oct 24 06 11:55 am Link

Model

Jessalyn

Denver, Colorado, US

big_smile thanks for the love guys

Oct 24 06 12:27 pm Link

Photographer

Lost Coast Photo

Ferndale, California, US

Nice to see someone saying positive things... there really are some very good and very reliable models out there, if one chooses carefully.

Oct 24 06 12:35 pm Link