Forums > General Industry > How Do You or Don't You: FLICKR

Photographer

Gordon Jennings

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Hi,
I've been a flickr head for a little over a year now.  I'm considering making a change in my "relationship" with the site.  (we're not talking as much as we used to). 

Question:  How do you use your FLICKR account?  And Or, What don't you do with your flickr account.

Your thoughts?

Oct 15 06 10:31 am Link

Photographer

John W Cochran

Auburn, Alabama, US

I had a flickr account, but I deleted it, because they want let me have two with the same email address.  I wanted one for family and one for work.

I'll probably set up another I just hadn't decide which way to go with it.

Oct 15 06 10:41 am Link

Photographer

j-shooter

San Francisco, California, US

Flickr gets you feedback from an international audience.

Oct 15 06 11:55 am Link

Photographer

John Van

Vienna, Wien, Austria

Why have one? Isn't it like all the others (Pbase, Photosig), where you're competing with an endless arry of pictures of the new baby and squirrels shot with the just purchased telezoom?

Oct 15 06 01:08 pm Link

Photographer

vanscottie

Winnetka, California, US

I just use it for friends and family to view some of my work without going to the modeling sites i'm on. I have marked ALL my photos there Private or whatever it is so it can only be seen by pple I want to see em. I have enuf pervs saying "nice tits" on DA

Oct 15 06 01:27 pm Link

Photographer

vanscottie

Winnetka, California, US

John W Cochran wrote:
I had a flickr account, but I deleted it, because they want let me have two with the same email address.  I wanted one for family and one for work.

I'll probably set up another I just hadn't decide which way to go with it.

seriously no offense, but how hard is it to get another email address, hell I have four, two of which I never use. They are free for petes sake

Oct 15 06 01:28 pm Link

Photographer

j-shooter

San Francisco, California, US

vanscottie wrote:

seriously no offense, but how hard is it to get another email address, hell I have four, two of which I never use. They are free for petes sake

haha i was going to say that too. Some people just need to get a more abundant outlook on life.

Oct 15 06 04:10 pm Link

Model

_Bunny_

Riverview, Florida, US

I have a Flickr account, and I upload just about any and all the pictures I have to it.  I have a couple sets that are solely for modeling photos, and then random pictures go up on there as well. If there are any I don't have random "nice tits" comments on, I just set them as a friends only viewable picture.

I'm considering getting a second account to move all of my modeling photos to, so that if a photographer approaches me online and wants to see extra photos, I can direct them to the site.  Granted then I wouldn't be able to make some of my pictures for friends only...

Oct 15 06 04:15 pm Link

Photographer

Knechtschaft Studio

Reynoldsburg, Ohio, US

I use it. It is a pretty easy and fast way to upload and organize pictures. Yea...you get the inappropriate comments from time to time (which I'll delete and ban the person if really out of line...or if spam is posted) but sometimes you get other photogs who comment on your work...and you get to see their work in return and so on and so forth.

It can be a pretty cool way to network and get exposed to other photographers work.

Oct 15 06 04:32 pm Link

Photographer

Rich Tull

Atlanta, Georgia, US

I have to say, I've seen some of the most incredible work on flickr, it's a constant source of beautiful imagery and never ceases to amaze me. True, it has it's fair share of snapshots, but it also has some very good critique groups and in some areas (like Atlanta) a very active community that actually gets together to shoot sometimes. Atlanta even has an educational group that meets and talks about techniques, printing, trends, etc.

Mostly, though, I just put shots up that I feel like sharing and having people tell me are pretty. lol

Oct 15 06 04:58 pm Link

Photographer

shaitan999

i use ir to store and publish photos, and to make albums and slideshows...

i do not use it that often, but i quite like it...

Oct 15 06 08:21 pm Link