Forums > General Industry > How much would you pay $$$$$

Photographer

KM Studios

San Francisco, California, US

To the models here on MM how much would you pay for a photo session ....if it means life and death to your modeling career????????  (only serious replies please)  oooh and another thing you must be a serious aspiring or professional model...who is working/building a name for yourself making modeling a 24/7 job and obsession...

thanks

KM STUDIOS

Oct 15 06 04:20 am Link

Photographer

Israel Kendall

Trenton, North Carolina, US

*crickets*

Oct 15 06 10:23 am Link

Model

Michael W

Fort Wayne, Indiana, US

depends on the whole package.
photographer sizing and editing photos for the model or not?

i think the highest i would pay at my level would be between 400 and 600 dollars with the shoot including a makeup artist & photo editing advantages

Oct 15 06 11:17 am Link

Photographer

Morbid Rockwell

Fresno, California, US

Michael W wrote:
depends on the whole package.
photographer sizing and editing photos for the model or not?

i think the highest i would pay at my level would be between 400 and 600 dollars with the shoot including a makeup artist & photo editing advantages

Reasonably speaking, how would you divie that up if you were on the photo team.

The MUA would start work before the photog starts taking pics and have to stay throughout the shoot.

The Photog sets up the equipment, does the shooting, directing and tries to keep an eye for make-up needing touch up. After your gone, the photog continues to work. If photoshopping, raw manipulation and cropping are needed, the job continues.

As photogs we want you, the client, and ourselves to be happy with the final product.

Your estimate seems kind of low, but you get what you pay for. I know I am not the caliber a photog yet thet would charge in the high end, but I have to wonder what models are thinking when it comes to services.

I've seen other blogs on pricing (for Photogs and Models) and some of it just seems ridiculous. I just ran across a port that the model is obviously a mother, and didn't get the good end of the child carrying stick. She's usable for certain purposes, but to see pricing like this:

$20/hour for casual/fashion (min. 2 hours)
$40/hour for bikini/lingerie (min. 2 hours)
$75/hour for implied nude (min. 3 hours)
$125/hour for nude shots (min. 3 hours)

for something like she has to offer. That's utterly laughable. So you tell me, "What do you expect for $400- $600?"

Oct 15 06 11:50 am Link