Forums > General Industry > TFCD questions

Model

Liang Shi

New York, New York, US

I was just wondering how some of the photographers do TFCD here? Do you give your models all the pictures? A select few? Do you edit those? Are they full size? Do you put your watermark on them?

Thanks!
-Liang

Oct 15 06 03:05 am Link

Photographer

BlindMike

San Francisco, California, US

Depends on who you work with.

Oct 15 06 03:07 am Link

Model

Liang Shi

New York, New York, US

I wanted to see what certain photographers on MM do. I am a part-time photographer, and am debating how to do my TFCD deals.

Oct 15 06 03:54 am Link

Photographer

Jason McKendricks

Chico, California, US

It really depends on the length of the shoot and the number of succesful images. If we shoot for three hours, I'll pick between ten and twenty photos representing all outfits, color and b&w. As they are edited, I'll post a few online so she can see them and add to her online port.

If we have a special agreememnt, say she did nudes and we agreed on extra compensation, I might provide her with prints or at least a print release letter good for a week or so allowing her to make prints at her preferred lab.

Oct 15 06 03:58 am Link

Photographer

SimonL

Manchester, England, United Kingdom

I still work TFP, being a film user..

I usually offer 6 to 8 pics, which are handprinted onto Fibre..These I also scan onto CD, and size for their web folios and also for printing..

I also scan the contacts for their reference, should they want any prints in the future.

When I switch over to digital, I won't be changing the policy.

TFP is still an arrangement where the model is paid - it just isn't cash. The model has as much responsibility into the results of the shoot, and if they fail, the number of prints may have to go down if results dictate.

If you were shooting commercially, would you hand over every pic from a shoot if you weren't getting paid?

Oct 15 06 04:00 am Link

Photographer

Jason McKendricks

Chico, California, US

SimonL wrote:
If you were shooting commercially, would you hand over every pic from a shoot if you weren't getting paid?

Nope. Especially because I bracket exposures and see no reason to let out the over/underexposed photos. Also, I see no reason why the model would even want photos where she blinked or some other reason I had to retake the photograph.

Oct 15 06 04:11 am Link