Photographer

Erwyn L

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

so this "model" asks me what I think of her and I give her my honest opinion, which she didn't really like. now I've been bombarded with her hate mail and comments, most of which i've deleted. congrats to her, she is the first person I've blocked.

Oct 13 06 11:42 pm Link

Photographer

TheLoftStudios

Houston, Texas, US

Report it to the Mods.....

Oct 13 06 11:45 pm Link

Photographer

Mortonovich

San Diego, California, US

Beware the types that are easily distracted by bright, shiny objects.

Oct 13 06 11:46 pm Link

Digital Artist

Koray

Ankara, Ankara, Turkey

delete the evidence...nice move Sherlock tongue

too bad its happening...

Oct 13 06 11:47 pm Link

Model

LORA

Washington, District of Columbia, US

Actually our deleted messages aren't really deleted, are they?

Oct 13 06 11:48 pm Link

Model

XXXXX

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

I want hate mail. Someone send something!!!

Actually I once had hate mail about a year ago from a psycho ex but never from anyone on a message board.

Oct 13 06 11:50 pm Link

Photographer

Pat Thielen

Hastings, Minnesota, US

Chip Morton wrote:
Beware the types that are easily distracted by bright, shiny objects.

Shiny...? That's one of my favorite colors!

Oooh! Shiny...!

Oct 14 06 12:03 am Link

Photographer

picturephoto

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Lora wrote:
Actually our deleted messages aren't really deleted, are they?

They go to your Trash bin forever and ever.

Aidan Frost wrote:
I want hate mail. Someone send something!!!

You are a poo-poo head.

Oct 14 06 12:07 am Link

Model

Kelly Kooper

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia

Generally when you're asked about giving feedback, you need to judge for yourself whether or not they can handle the honest truth. If you're unsure or the answer is a flat no, don't spend much time on your answer - they won't benefit from it anyway! This is a perfect example of someone seeking compliments without putting in the hard yards. They are a dime a dozen. Consider her a waste of time and move on.

Oct 14 06 03:00 am Link

Model

Trev Tommasi

Los Angeles, California, US

hey erwin, can you do me a favor and critique my port... my mom moderates my profile on here though so don't say anything mean or she might contact you!

Oct 14 06 03:03 am Link

Photographer

Mann Made Imagery

Lubbock, Texas, US

LOL  I've been bombarded by photographers with hate mail!!! When I model of course.  They usually send me hate mail when I refuse to work with them.  I can tell if they are professional or not right away and some of them don't seem to like that.

Oct 14 06 03:22 am Link

Photographer

Jeff Bowlin

Tucson, Arizona, US

I'd write hate mail if I only had the time to waste!

Oct 14 06 03:25 am Link

Model

aye provide

New York, New York, US

My Model Mayhem hate mail finally stopped....I ignored them and kept it moving.

Oct 14 06 07:00 am Link

Photographer

Jay Farrell

Nashville, Tennessee, US

I've had my share of it too.....embrace it wink

Oct 14 06 08:16 am Link

Photographer

Moraxian

Germantown, Maryland, US

I used to get hate mail for my old website (a non-pay site, if you can believe it) and I used to publish it on the website with the names changed to protect the guilty.  I'd leave the spelling and grammar errors in place, of course, but I did cleanse out the offesnive words.  For example, instead of the "f" word, I'd replace it with "colorfol colloquialism rhyming with duck". 

I used to get fan mail about my hate mail page.  smile

When I started the paid sites, I figured it's better to be safe and just delete it from the inbox...

Oct 14 06 09:08 am Link

Photographer

Gerrit du Toit

Pretoria, Gauteng, South Africa

OK so you can now also expect Hate mail from me. It is realy poor form deleting the comments. The ones you left on make for such fun reading. Bad bad bad boy. I was having so much fun reading them. The realy funny bit, is they dont reflect badly on yo at all. Your work is in such stark contrast with the comments, that it realy is just so Funny. Laugh, and let it be, a storm in a teacup never lasts very long.

Oct 14 06 09:21 am Link

Photographer

Brian Diaz

Danbury, Connecticut, US

Here's something I've been playing with since the talent is 2 hours late this morning...

https://www.briandiazphotography.com/mm/block.jpg

Oct 14 06 10:03 am Link

Photographer

Erwyn L

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

unbelievable! now that I blocked her she is writing my home email! And all I said to her was that her images lacked class!

Oct 14 06 10:40 pm Link

Model

CrazyRussianHelicopter

Madison, Alabama, US

Erwin Loewen photo wrote:
so this "model" asks me what I think of her and I give her my honest opinion, which she didn't really like. now I've been bombarded with her hate mail and comments, most of which i've deleted. congrats to her, she is the first person I've blocked.

What do you think of me?

Oct 14 06 10:42 pm Link

Photographer

Stephen Melvin

Kansas City, Missouri, US

Madcitychel wrote:
What do you think of me?

He can't see you since he blocked you.

Oct 14 06 10:44 pm Link

Model

CrazyRussianHelicopter

Madison, Alabama, US

Stephen Melvin wrote:

He can't see you since he blocked you.

Dats why I am posting on the forum.

Oct 14 06 10:48 pm Link

Photographer

oldguysrule

precisely while you will not see me ever offer reply in the critiqque forum. i will from time to time offer comments to a private message, but even then only if I can see some possible potential in the requester's portfolio.

Virtually all requests like this are fishing for compliments and a not so well veiled 'casting call'.

The above is to photographers and models alike (and stylists, artists, blah blah blah...)

Oct 14 06 10:54 pm Link

Model

Vera van Munster

Belmont, North Carolina, US

That's crazy! She doesnt have the right mindset to be a model if she can't take comments wether they're negative or positive.My friend went to a playboy casting call and made it into an upcoming special edition.She also became a Hawaiin Tropics girl and got a free trip,but didnt win anything there so she became extremely depressed, crying to everyone in total hysterics to the point it was scary.You can't be number one all the time.

Oct 15 06 12:56 am Link

Photographer

Curt at photoworks

Riverside, California, US

Trev Tommasi wrote:
...... my mom moderates my profile on here though so don't say anything mean or she might contact you!

His Mom moderates....

OMG.

Oct 15 06 03:26 am Link

Photographer

Mr and Mrs Huber

Santa Rosalía, Baja California Sur, Mexico

I hate mail too...

always full of bills and junk...

Oct 15 06 03:35 am Link

Photographer

Frederique Porter

Dover, Delaware, US

Erwin Loewen photo wrote:
unbelievable! now that I blocked her she is writing my home email! And all I said to her was that her images lacked class!

LOL

That might be the reason. She took that personal, wouldn't you? Lack of class is strong.

Sorry, you are getting the emails, hopefully she will stop but if not, just ignore her. Hard to have a fight with yourself.

Good luck!

Frederique

Oct 15 06 04:18 am Link