Forums > General Industry > Model Mayhem VS. Myspace.

Model

REK

Royal Oak, Michigan, US

Obviously they are very similar... I love this site, but I really hate myspace. It's gotta be the professional photographs and beautiful people... I bet Tom hates MM.

Aug 15 05 12:40 am Link

Model

theda

New York, New York, US

I bet Tom doesn't care because the two sites have very different purposes.

Aug 15 05 12:49 am Link

Photographer

Michael Bell

Anaheim, California, US

There are some good finds on MySpace if you look around, I will be working with several of them soon. I will also say that the models and aspiring models I have contacted on MySpace have all replied to my messages, even if not intrested, which is more than I can say for several so called "professional" models here. Just like any other free site, MySpace has its good and bad.

Aug 15 05 02:24 am Link

Photographer

XtremeArtists

Didn't they sell MySpace?

Is Tom the new owner, or he just didn't get a cut from the sale?

Aug 15 05 06:43 am Link

Photographer

Brian Diaz

Danbury, Connecticut, US

Model Mayhem : MySpace :: modeling agencies : mall food courts

Aug 15 05 06:51 am Link

Photographer

Marcus J. Ranum

MORRISDALE, Pennsylvania, US

theda wrote:
I bet Tom doesn't care because the two sites have very different purposes.

I bet Tom doesn't care because he's now got enough $$$$ in his pocket from selling MySpace to do whatever he wants for the rest of his life.

mjr.

Aug 15 05 06:55 am Link

Photographer

Monsante Bey

Columbus, Georgia, US

Marcus J. Ranum wrote:

I bet Tom doesn't care because he's now got enough $$$$ in his pocket from selling MySpace to do whatever he wants for the rest of his life.

mjr.

You beat me to it. lol

Aug 15 05 06:57 am Link

Photographer

XtremeArtists

I beat you both.

I guess sarcasm is a bit difficult to process so early.

Aug 15 05 06:59 am Link

Photographer

Peter Dattolo

Wolcott, Connecticut, US

Brian Diaz wrote:
Model Mayhem : MySpace :: modeling agencies : mall food courts

Speaking of mall food courts. I was at the mall saturday and boy oh boy, its like a photographers fantasy land sometimes.

On the issue of the thread. Is MySpace a pay site? I have been pointed that direction by a few models that have ports on there but can never see any photos. I was also looking into putting a port there but not sure. Is MySpace worth it?

Aug 15 05 07:01 am Link

Photographer

Brian Diaz

Danbury, Connecticut, US

Peter Dattolo wrote:
Speaking of mall food courts. I was at the mall saturday and boy oh boy, its like a photographers fantasy land sometimes.

It's this photographer's fantasy land.

Pete wrote:
On the issue of the thread. Is MySpace a pay site? I have been pointed that direction by a few models that have ports on there but can never see any photos. I was also looking into putting a port there but not sure. Is MySpace worth it?

It's free.  Lots of ads.  But how that it's owned by Fox, that might change (and not for the better).

Aug 15 05 07:06 am Link

Photographer

XtremeArtists

Brian Diaz wrote:
But how that it's owned by Fox, that might change (and not for the better).

Vicente's going to take it down to Mexico, nationalize it, and change the name to MiEspacio.

Aug 15 05 07:08 am Link

Photographer

Brian Diaz

Danbury, Connecticut, US

XtremeArtists wrote:

Vicente's going to take it down to Mexico, nationalize it, and change the name to MiEspacio.

Is that what that giant sucking sound was?

Aug 15 05 07:11 am Link

Photographer

Peter Dattolo

Wolcott, Connecticut, US

Brian Diaz wrote:

Peter Dattolo wrote:

It's free.  Lots of ads.  But how that it's owned by Fox, that might change (and not for the better).

The time i looked thru part of it, there were mostly girl who have web sites or web cams that i have seen all over the net. No real "Model" potential. I was in a chat about nikon (D70) and the site came up and a few said they had some solid good models from the site.
I think its a second rate scam site for web wanna-be models but considering the amount that people advertise it and promote it on sites is amazing. I figured it might be worth asking how it was, thanks.

Aug 15 05 07:12 am Link

Photographer

XtremeArtists

Brian Diaz wrote:

Is that what that giant sucking sound was?

I guess a first date joke would be kind of old at this point...

Aug 15 05 07:13 am Link

Photographer

Peter Dattolo

Wolcott, Connecticut, US

XtremeArtists wrote:

Not to late if your car stalls, she can always help you start it.

Aug 15 05 07:15 am Link

Photographer

Brian Diaz

Danbury, Connecticut, US

Peter Dattolo wrote:

The time i looked thru part of it, there were mostly girl who have web sites or web cams that i have seen all over the net. No real "Model" potential. I was in a chat about nikon (D70) and the site came up and a few said they had some solid good models from the site.
I think its a second rate scam site for web wanna-be models but considering the amount that people advertise it and promote it on sites is amazing. I figured it might be worth asking how it was, thanks.

There are over 20 million MySpace members.  It's not a scam (yet) because it's free.  It's more of a place to hang out than anything else.  Some people do use it for marketing, but not most.

Aug 15 05 07:15 am Link

Photographer

Brian Diaz

Danbury, Connecticut, US

XtremeArtists wrote:

Political humor always loses to sexual humor.

Aug 15 05 07:16 am Link

Photographer

Peter Dattolo

Wolcott, Connecticut, US

Brian Diaz wrote:

Peter Dattolo wrote:

Its free? How do i see the portfolios, it bring me straight to a sign in page.

Aug 15 05 07:17 am Link

Photographer

Brian Diaz

Danbury, Connecticut, US

Peter Dattolo wrote:

All it takes is an email address.  (Click signup in the top right corner.)

Aug 15 05 07:18 am Link

Photographer

XtremeArtists

Peter Dattolo wrote:

it's free to register.

Aug 15 05 07:19 am Link

Photographer

Peter Dattolo

Wolcott, Connecticut, US

TY both

Aug 15 05 07:21 am Link

Model

NameRemovedPerUser

Perrysburg, New York, US

Aug 15 05 07:54 am Link

Model

REK

Royal Oak, Michigan, US

Well how many people are members of this site and how fast is it growing?

Aug 15 05 08:27 am Link

Photographer

Brian Diaz

Danbury, Connecticut, US

REK wrote:
Well how many people are members of this site and how fast is it growing?

A lot and fast.  But MM is designed to attract a specific group of people.  MS is designed to attract everyone.  (I doubt that MySpace has any plans to start weeding out members who are not serious about modeling.)

Aug 15 05 08:32 am Link

Photographer

LongWindFPV Visuals

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

Let's hope the weeding out process gets better and done faster on MM.

MM does accept member contributions.

Aug 15 05 08:40 am Link

Photographer

Christopher Hartman

Buena Park, California, US

MichaelBell wrote:
There are some good finds on MySpace if you look around, I will be working with several of them soon. I will also say that the models and aspiring models I have contacted on MySpace have all replied to my messages, even if not intrested, which is more than I can say for several so called "professional" models here. Just like any other free site, MySpace has its good and bad.

That's funny, cause I mostly get ignored on MySpace tongue

But it might be because I write like this:

wOw U'rE sO hOt! I lOvE u'Re LoOk! YoU mAkE mE aChE! i LoVe BeAuTiFuL wOmEn AnD i MuSt TaKe U'rE pIcTuRe! PlEaSe WrItE mE sOoN. u'Re A hOt BaBe AnD mAkE mE dRoOl!

Aug 15 05 10:18 am Link

Photographer

Peter Dattolo

Wolcott, Connecticut, US

DigitalCMH wrote:

That's funny, cause I mostly get ignored on MySpace tongue

wOw U'rE sO hOt! I lOvE u'Re LoOk! YoU mAkE mE aChE! i LoVe BeAuTiFuL wOmEn AnD i MuSt TaKe U'rE pIcTuRe! PlEaSe WrItE mE sOoN. u'Re A hOt BaBe AnD mAkE mE dRoOl!

To a person that has bad vision in one eye, would that text look normal?   lol

Aug 15 05 10:27 am Link

Photographer

Christopher Hartman

Buena Park, California, US

Honestly, I don't know how they write like that.  The whole time I'm typing, it required so much concentration (It looks easy, but it's not...either that I'm stupid) that I thought I was going to vomit.

Aug 15 05 10:30 am Link

Photographer

Peter Dattolo

Wolcott, Connecticut, US

DigitalCMH wrote:
Honestly, I don't know how they write like that.  The whole time I'm typing, it required so much concentration (It looks easy, but it's not...either that I'm stupid) that I thought I was going to vomit.

Its a script they get off the web. They are all over. Lots of different kinds, they just type what they want and it comes up that way.

Aug 15 05 10:33 am Link

Photographer

DRowan

Port Orange, Florida, US

DigitalCMH wrote:

And all this time, I thought it was caused by wearing a baseball cap backwards...

Aug 15 05 10:43 am Link

Model

Rachaelyz

Aurora, Illinois, US

DigitalCMH wrote:

^ those are the 'webcam' models lol.

i started on myspace, started modeling because of it. moved to MM, then OMP...but i agree, i like to know most of my friends on my list. you get to know more about a person than on this site though, thats why my MM page links to MS, it adds more to getting to know my character

Aug 15 05 11:03 am Link