Forums > General Industry > L.A area peeps.Climate for the area in Early Nov.

Photographer

Chris Rifkin

Tampa, Florida, US

I'm not having much luck here in Fla completing my profile(wet glamour water themed,the amount of false leads,teases,ect,no shows,ect is insane here),might have better luck in LA as I'll be out there at least 3 weeks in Nov
What is the climate like(ie,would it be too cold to do a shoot in a pool(unless heated)?
And would there be any Hotels that have heated pools(indoors or outdoors),and how hard would it be to get a model or 2 in the pool
There is also a place that has rented jacuzzi rooms(need to look at my other computer what it called exactly,themed rooms) rented by the hour(I hate shooting indoors,but I might not have a choice)
any help would be apreciated

Oct 12 06 10:36 pm Link

Photographer

none of the above

Marina del Rey, California, US

the weather in socal will be nice...it always is sans the rain january through march.  the ocean is always cold water especially compared to florida. 

you might have the best luck in the desert, palm springs or desert hot springs about 2.5 hours east of la.  there are some nice spa resorts there and some great places to shoot (close to joshua tree)...not sure about room rental by the hour though.  for that you may have to resort to la cienega blvd.!

--face reality

Oct 12 06 11:21 pm Link

Photographer

Chris Rifkin

Tampa, Florida, US

FaceReality wrote:
the weather in socal will be nice...it always is sans the rain january through march.  the ocean is always cold water especially compared to florida. 

you might have the best luck in the desert, palm springs or desert hot springs about 2.5 hours east of la.  there are some nice spa resorts there and some great places to shoot (close to joshua tree)...not sure about room rental by the hour though.  for that you may have to resort to la cienega blvd.!

--face reality

Not looking to do shots in the ocean,usually too rough(ie,want to keep the hair somewhat dry on the top)
That place is a jacuzzi studio(not a hotel room)
Its designed for parties,photo shoots,and well..........other stuff

Its calles splash something or other
all the rooms are themed

Oct 12 06 11:28 pm Link

Photographer

Christopher Hartman

Buena Park, California, US

cyberstorm wrote:
I'm not having much luck here in Fla completing my profile(wet glamour water themed,the amount of false leads,teases,ect,no shows,ect is insane here),might have better luck in LA as I'll be out there at least 3 weeks in Nov
What is the climate like(ie,would it be too cold to do a shoot in a pool(unless heated)?
And would there be any Hotels that have heated pools(indoors or outdoors),and how hard would it be to get a model or 2 in the pool
There is also a place that has rented jacuzzi rooms(need to look at my other computer what it called exactly,themed rooms) rented by the hour(I hate shooting indoors,but I might not have a choice)
any help would be apreciated

The fun thing about CA is that you never know.  It can be really cold or we might get some heat.  We got a heat wave last year the week before thanksgiving and I got one of my most spectacular sunsets ever.

Oct 12 06 11:33 pm Link

Photographer

Christopher Hartman

Buena Park, California, US

cyberstorm wrote:

Not looking to do shots in the ocean,usually too rough(ie,want to keep the hair somewhat dry on the top)
That place is a jacuzzi studio(not a hotel room)
Its designed for parties,photo shoots,and well..........other stuff

Its calles splash something or other
all the rooms are themed

Splash is indoors.  You don't need to worry about weather.

Oct 12 06 11:48 pm Link

Photographer

Chris Rifkin

Tampa, Florida, US

DigitalCMH wrote:

Splash is indoors.  You don't need to worry about weather.

You have a link
I know the prices were actually kinda good(at least for the low budget room,but even that room looked nice),a pool works so much better(as the model can completely submerge her self to her shoulders without having to contort her body while posing)

Oct 13 06 12:00 am Link

Photographer

DAntony

Pasadena, California, US

It could go either warm , cold or mild. We are known for consistent mild winters. The low deserts(palm springs, indio, joshua tree, desert hot springs) will be really nice. In the summer they broil. 110 degrees plus all summer. Sometimes 120+. The beaches can be really nice in winter. I've shot sessions{swimsuit, lingerie and nudes} in winter with ni problem. Close to late afternoon the ocean causes a stickyness. Sometimes fog. But thats sometimes. The beaches in the south and and slightly north can have varied temps and conditions. I remember one winter, I shot at the beach in the early morning and drove to the desert for the session finish and a different look. It worked. And sometimes it can be completely dreary and wet in the valleys and beaches near Los Angeles and bone dry and clear in the high or low deserts. January is usually cold and clear. Rain at times. And its not a warm rain. Novenber thru December can be Indian summer warm in the 80's or drop to the low 40's and 50's. Check out the almanac for La and the desert communities.

Oct 13 06 12:03 am Link

Photographer

DAntony

Pasadena, California, US

Theres also hot tub establisjments outhere and private home rentals in the Palm springs area complete with pools and hot tubs.  Near LA is the Puddingstone Hot tunb rentals 30 minutes east of Los Angeles.

Oct 13 06 12:04 am Link

Photographer

Chris Rifkin

Tampa, Florida, US

DAntony wrote:
Theres also hot tub establisjments outhere and private home rentals in the Palm springs area complete with pools and hot tubs.  Near LA is the Puddingstone Hot tunb rentals 30 minutes east of Los Angeles.

Wow,I like
and I can use the natural lite
Those giant tubs look to be the one
thanx,I think I found my location.
Now I just need to find a model or 2

Oct 13 06 12:30 am Link