Forums > General Industry > Where's the great loft space in Orange County CA?

Photographer

J O H N A L L A N

Los Angeles, California, US

Ok... when you stop laughing... smile

I'm from Chicago and totally spoiled by all the great studio space available...

But, I figure there has to be some here too. Converted piers or factory rows, etc...

just... Where is it?? - I think there's some down in San Diego, but that's too far for talent and such to come down from LA...

Argh! help!

John

Aug 14 05 09:22 pm Link

Photographer

Michael Bell

Anaheim, California, US

John Allan wrote:
Ok... when you stop laughing... smile

I'm from Chicago and totally spoiled by all the great studio space available...

But, I figure there has to be some here too. Converted piers or factory rows, etc...

just... Where is it?? - I think there's some down in San Diego, but that's too far for talent and such to come down from LA...

Argh! help!

John

You have some of the most beautiful beaches and natural scenery in the US available on the west coast and you want to shoot in a loft? lol

Aug 14 05 09:47 pm Link

Photographer

Merlyn Magic Photo

Long Beach, California, US

John:
There are some being built in Santa Ana [OK now you stop laughing]. I don't know when they will be completed, but are part of the revitalizing of Downtown Santa Ana. Around fourth st. and French, I believe.

Aug 14 05 09:51 pm Link

Makeup Artist

tdrmaquillage

I think Sean Armenta has a space for rent.
smile

Aug 14 05 10:48 pm Link

Photographer

Star

Los Angeles, California, US

look for art colonies, there is one here in Pomona and one in Ontario, as well as the famous brewery in LA. You need a type A living space, one that it is legal to both live and work in your space, and I don't know if the OC allows that type of zoning,

Star

Aug 16 05 01:57 am Link

Photographer

not here anymore.

San Diego, California, US

John Allan wrote:
I think there's some down in San Diego, but that's too far for talent and such to come down from LA...

No it's not.

Aug 16 05 10:21 am Link

Photographer

CreativeSandBoxStudio

London, England, United Kingdom

Check with www.pdnonline.com...do to the section of resources, there is a section on Studio rental locations all over the country.....

Aug 16 05 10:22 am Link

Photographer

Vegas Alien

Armington, Illinois, US

When I was in Hollywood, I seem to remember they converted an old Long Beach roller rink into live/work lofts. I was going to look at them but moved back to Chicago instead.  I'll promise not to brag about what I found here...

Here's the description of that place in Long Beach:

LONG BEACH SKATING PALACE,  278 Alamitos Ave.   (1930)

A former roller skating rink with a lively art deco facade and its original marquee. Stepped piers, zigzags, chevrons, and stylized geometric forms convey the exuberant dynamism of the jazz age. The interior contains an open span arched ceiling of wood lamella construction, a precursor of the geodesic dome. The building was converted to artists' live-work space with construction in the interior and restoration on the exterior.

Aug 16 05 11:29 am Link