Model

Mz Machina

Chicago, Illinois, US

"she" being the model?

Oct 12 06 02:42 am Link

Model

Mia Mali

Los Angeles, California, US

yeah.  i tried to tell her the photographer sucked and stuff.  but she doesn't see how it sucks. 

personally, i'm not a big fan of the green screen unless it's being used to insert an artistic viewpoint, not just make the person pretend they at a location.

Oct 12 06 02:43 am Link

Photographer

DAntony

Pasadena, California, US

Ya' gotta start somewhere!

Oct 12 06 02:45 am Link

Photographer

GDS Photos

London, England, United Kingdom

Was she asking you to critique the photograph or her modelling style, look, figure face? 

It sucks is criticism, not a critique.

Photographer

PJQ Photography

But it is a nice color green, no?

Paul

Photographer

dfstudios

Mill Valley, California, US

Mia Darling wrote:
yeah.  i tried to tell her the photographer sucked and stuff.  but she doesn't see how it sucks. 

personally, i'm not a big fan of the green screen unless it's being used to insert an artistic viewpoint, not just make the person pretend they at a location.

In this photo,where would that pretend location be?

Model

Mz Machina

Chicago, Illinois, US

Well if the model is doing her own make up and styling and the girl next door look is what she is going for then that is great  that is exactly what she has in this photo, the green screen looks like a peice of cheap plastic table cloth or shower curtian, I am not into the sweep the hair behind the ear thing or her clothing...but she has a beautiful face and i would love to see her in a better set and with diffferent clothes...or fashion. i might like this better if the shirt and panties matched a little better too....

Yes mam this photographers lack of intuition on backgrounds etc is a drag....if she got paid then so be it....

Oct 12 06 02:50 am Link

Photographer

GDS Photos

London, England, United Kingdom

The photo does leave a lot to be desired.  The sheet is a poor colour choice and wronkled sic.  The pose is elementary and needs work.  Posture and figure elongation would improve this.  The make up is non-existant and the expression is not engaged or engaging. 

That said, she has a pretty face, good figure and nice hair.  She may turn into a model if she works at it and with more competent photographers and the photographer will get more inspired and inspire his/her models more with a little forethought, planning and creativity.

Oct 12 06 02:51 am Link

Model

Mz Machina

Chicago, Illinois, US

gdsandy wrote:
The photo does leave a lot to be desird.  The sheet is a poor colour choice and wronkled sic.  The pose is elementary and needs work.  Posture and figure elongation would improve this.  The make up is non-existant and the expression is not engaged or engaging. 

That said, she has a pretty face, good figure and nice hair.  She may turn into a model if she works at it and with more competent photographers and the photographer will get more inspired and inspire his/her models more with a little forethought, planning and creativity.

Yes  I agree , by stating this I am in now way implying that I am at the end of my rainbow either ....

Oct 12 06 02:53 am Link

Model

Mia Mali

i would just like her to be a little more classy.  none of the GWC type TFP she's doing.  She needs a real critique from photographers.  All I can really say is it sucks.  But that's just what I see from the lighting and the pose and how the angle has flattened out one side of her face.  She really is beautiful.  I'm just trying to help her out of the trashy portion of trying to get into modeling

Oct 12 06 02:53 am Link

Model

Mia Mali

dfstudios wrote:

In this photo,where would that pretend location be?

the stuff he's done before reminds me of a mural at olive garden

Oct 12 06 02:54 am Link

Model

Mia Mali

Mia Darling wrote:

wait, i'm trying to get into modeling too.  i shouldn't be admitting that i go to olive garden without exlax! =X

Oct 12 06 02:55 am Link

Photographer

J A M E S

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

Well, "it sucks" is crude.   We have a hard enough time finding models who actually are interestd in the art of what we are  doing versus the interst in the art of what they are making.  I truly hope "it sucks" weren't the words you used.  If so, that sucks! But..... yes, the image could use some work..indeed....certainly.. However,  the model is better than the color by a long way. 

; } JW

Oct 12 06 03:00 am Link

Photographer

dfstudios

Mill Valley, California, US

Mia Darling wrote:

I see. Funny.

OK, since you asked. Actually she is being lit with reasonably harsh lighting yet her complexion comes out very nice. It does not appear to be PSed excessively. She looks fit, her hair is healthy. For a polaroid, she could do worse.

Oct 12 06 03:04 am Link

Model

Mia Mali

TSOJAW wrote:
Well, "it sucks" is crude.   We have a hard enough time finding models who actually are interestd in the art of what we are  doing versus the interst in the art of what they are making.  I truly hope "it sucks" weren't the words you used.  If so, that sucks! But..... yes, the image could use some work..indeed....certainly.. However,  the model is better than the color by a long way. 

; } JW

haha, well i mean, I've known her for a good 3 or 4 years, so we're at the level where we can say it sucks.  But nothing could come to mind.  The green was garishly staring at me and the "this man is about to rape me" look made me want to hug her. 

I told her to find a good photog that knows a thing or two so she can have good shots for her port.

I think it helps now having actually photographer critiques.

Oct 12 06 03:14 am Link