Forums > General Industry > Building a Reputation

Photographer

RickHorowitzPhotography

Fresno, California, US

Some photographers will benefit from this post.  I know at least one, who I count as a friend, who got the idea of adding numerous locations to his portfolio from watching others.  No doubt, this will tremendously increase the stature of even the worst of MM-based photographers. 

One or more of the first four moons of Neptune might be a good addition to your "Locations" section of your profile.  They are Naiad, Thalassa, Despina, and Galatea.  Those four are close enough to Neptune's orbit to be within its ring system.

Of course, Triton -- one of the other of Neptune's 13 known moons -- has a more interesting history.  It is believed that Triton was "captured" by Neptune, because Triton has a retrograde orbit.  (It moves opposite to the rotation of Neptune.)  Theories as to how such a large body was captured (most captured moons of planets are smaller) is that it either actually hit Neptune and bounced off, thus reducing its momentum, or it collided with another of Neptune's moons.

In any event, I think at least one of Neptune's moons would be a good addition to your profile and would raise many of you from a mere international level to galactic status.

-- rick

P.S. For more such fun, check out http://www.unspun.us/writings/guido.html where you can learn a little bit about Guido Cagnacci's "Martha Rebuking Mary for Her Vanity" and, more importantly, discover How I Became Intergalactic Minister of Arts & Culture. 

P.P.S. My friend mentioned in the first paragraph listed his locations as a joke. wink 

P.P.P.S. Whatever you do, don't use Pluto.  Pluto's reputation is on the skids.

Oct 09 06 11:20 am Link

Photographer

Curt at photoworks

Riverside, California, US

That's a great idea.....

For me...

Riverside, San Bernardino, Fontana, Colton

wink

Oct 09 06 12:14 pm Link

Photographer

Billy Monday

Frederick, Maryland, US

Well....OK.....but you're definitely going to need a fur lined parka hood up there on Naiad.

Oct 09 06 12:32 pm Link