Forums > General Industry > Logos on Photos?

Photographer

Opus Lily

New York, New York, US

eric krumm wrote:
no, i wasn't.  she was refering to any and all logo/foreign objects on pics for display anywhere.

I do agree that putting them on images that go inside a printed book or on images going on your personal website may not be a great idea, but on images that get uploaded on MM? Give me a break. Seriously, who listens to what agency bookers have to say? I'm signed with a big agency here in NY. If a photographer listened to what any of them had to say about creative matters, it would be the first time. Go with what works for you and let others be. Whether you like what other photographers are doing or not doesn't matter. Your opinions along with some booker at some agency mean very little.

Oct 10 06 10:29 pm Link

Photographer

Opus Lily

New York, New York, US

Oct 10 06 10:30 pm Link

Photographer

Mark J. Sebastian

San Jose, California, US

I started adding my name over my images as an inside joke. if you look at my port, you can see it getting larger over time.

Oct 10 06 11:28 pm Link

Photographer

Bruce Talbot

Los Angeles, California, US

Robb Radford wrote:

on a Mac computer there is no right mouse button

Hmmmm.

Is Rob being sarcastic? Or, just not with the times? News at 11.

:::: dangles might mouse by the tail ::::

bt

Oct 11 06 01:22 am Link

Photographer

Giacomo Cirrincioni

Stamford, Connecticut, US

Robb Radford wrote:

How many macs do you own?  Because I own 5 and they all have mice with right mouse buttons...

Oct 11 06 01:32 am Link

Photographer

HEF Photography

Jacksonville, Florida, US

I put mine in the upper left corner....generally have empty space for it there.
Re: Anne, etc...her attornery is bigger than mine !

Oct 11 06 01:41 am Link

Model

A BRITT PRO-AM

CARDIFF BY THE SEA, California, US

i had actually written him at the time to avoid any misunderstanding...

may i also point out the image was NOT posted anywhere
just here - what made him say it is posted anywhere? whats this about voting??

BRITT

Oct 11 06 02:57 am Link

Model

A BRITT PRO-AM

excuse me? i wrote you a message,fully explained
please read it - you have misunderstood
apologiesm i was answering your questions
( i put my name to it) hoping you would see the reason why
and that you would protect your images!!   

Skip Nall Photography 10/10/06 6:58 AM
You must be nuts!  etc etc

so now you know why they cover the photos tho right?
do this too and no one will bother you wont have any problems
imaginary or otherwise
good luck
BRITT

Oct 11 06 03:48 am Link

Photographer

GDS Photos

London, England, United Kingdom

Im'age NY (INY) wrote:

a> I don't think anyone thinks you're a prick
b

I do

Oct 11 06 04:49 am Link

Photographer

Robb Radford

Margate, Florida, US

Paramour Productions wrote:

How many macs do you own?  Because I own 5 and they all have mice with right mouse buttons...

OK I will admit I'm a little confused here. Even did a search on google lol. Older Mac systems had a mouse with 1 button no left right. I'm possitive on this but it appears they changed teh mouse for the mac to be like the PC mouse in the G5 I believe. I stand corrected

Oct 11 06 05:04 am Link

Photographer

Spark Studios

Montreal, Quebec, Canada

The way I look it is is that if someone pays me to photograph them then no logo but if I am shooting someone for free then my logo goes on. One it protects the photos to a certain degree and two it is marketing for my photos. I try to keep them so that they are small enough to not interfere with the photos and large enough to be seen.

Oct 11 06 10:53 am Link

Photographer

Ty Simone

Edison, New Jersey, US

anjel - Ignore him. He is long since departed, and I still love you, so the world is back to normal smile

Oct 11 06 11:02 am Link

Photographer

giovanni gruttola

Middle Island, New York, US

I just trademarked the word copyright... and I'm in contact with my lawyers as we speak in regards to everyone here infringing on it's usage tongue

Oct 11 06 11:04 am Link

Photographer

Ty Simone

Edison, New Jersey, US

Im'age NY (INY) wrote:
I just trademarked the word copyright... and I'm in contact with my lawyers as we speak in regards to everyone here infringing on it's usage tongue

that's ok, I have a trademark on the word infringing, so when you are done, I am going to sue you for everything you collected off everyone else.... then give it to anjel. smile

Oct 11 06 11:07 am Link

Model

A BRITT PRO-AM

the following from Skip Nall requested to put up here

''I apologize for my behavior in this whole thing. I posted the image to begin with and opened up the whole can of worms.
In fact I was not banned from MM but withdrew my account for a couple of reasons. Foremost I found myself sinking into behavior I am not very proud of.
Amazing how many threads on boards start out one way and end up as juvenile name calling and believe me I am not excusiing myself from the process. In fact I pretty much instigated most of it.
Once again I am sorry for being offensive and acting out the fool! I was wrong to take affense...well enough said.
Good luck,
Skip''

Many thanks.

Oct 11 06 11:55 am Link

Photographer

Christopher Hartman

Buena Park, California, US

Paramour Productions wrote:
Really??  So what have I been doing all this time with my mighty mouse?  And before that with my Logitec mouse?  LOL....

Robb Radford wrote:

Robb, on a Mac MOUSE there is no right mouse button.  But even Microsoft has software that makes their USB mice work on a Macintosh and YES, the right mouse button DOES work.  I believe it gives you the same options you'd get while pressing the Command or Option key while clicking a Mac Mouse.

Two button mice are best!

I do like Mac's take on the wheel though withthat little ball!  Works pretty darn well.

Oct 11 06 12:25 pm Link

Photographer

Kevin Connery

El Segundo, California, US

[off topic-ish]

Robb Radford wrote:
B: If you have a Mac there is no right click option see above.

Entirely incorrect.

Apple sells Mac mice that can right click--the Mighty Mouse. Even though it has no buttons, it can still right click. And 2-5+ button mice have been available for the Mac from other vendors for over 15 years. (Control-click to get the context-sensitive menu has been around that long as well.)

Robb Radford wrote:

Interestingly, that's technically correct, at least if you mean only Apple-supplied mice, but it's still functionally incorrect.

The "Mighty Mouse" has no 'buttons' per se, but it CAN still right click--you simply press down on the right side rather than the left, and the mouse identifies that. No clicking buttons at all, neither right nor left, but 4 possible click positions, plus an all-direction 'wheel'.

Mouse history, for those few who care and don't know: The first mice were trackballs, then one button mice, then 3-button. That's what was in use at Xerox PARC, but Apple's studies showed that three was prone to error among those who didn't use it very heavily--too many 'wrong button' errors. Xerox' Star, though, in 1981, had 2 buttons, and unix workstations starting in around '82 had 3 buttons; it's still the expected configuration for XWindows. Apple went with a one button design for user in '84. Microsoft used 2 for their Windows layer (later OS) in '85. Scrolling wheels showed up in the late 1990's, and 3D scrolling was added very shortly thereafter.

[/off topic-ish]

Oct 11 06 04:27 pm Link

Photographer

prophet sound

Lawrence, Indiana, US

for all web posted images.. i place a small "prophet"... for all printable images.. i keep them as they are..

two valid reasons for the logo..

one.. some security from photo theft.

two. promotion for your photo work when people post the photos to sites of their own..

simple..

Oct 11 06 07:28 pm Link