Forums > General Industry > how do you categorize a pro shot?

Photographer

Aaron_H

Ann Arbor, Michigan, US

Well if it’s any consolation Mary, even though I know all the words he uses that doesn’t mean I know what the hell he’s talking about a good percentage of the time! haha

Aug 14 05 11:16 pm Link

Photographer

Aaron_H

Ann Arbor, Michigan, US

forty two

Aug 14 05 11:18 pm Link

Photographer

XtremeArtists

alexwh wrote:
Just a bit more serious (I have posted this over and over again) a professional is a photographer who can shoot on demand and come home with one useable image.

Unless it's a wedding...

Aug 14 05 11:19 pm Link

Photographer

Valkyrur

Nelsonville, New York, US

$$$$$sss ....

Aug 15 05 08:54 pm Link

Photographer

ClevelandSlim

NORTH HOLLYWOOD, California, US

Louis Braga wrote:
$$$$$sss ....

hehe

Aug 15 05 11:23 pm Link

Makeup Artist

Tracey Masterson

Shelton, Connecticut, US

C.Slim, I agree with Marcus and think he really took the time to help you out.  So few take the time to answer the question.  Also, Alex (as Usual) makes a great point about what doesn't make a professional.  It is a difficult question because you have to take into consideration the person that is giving you the advice.  Take a look at the portfolios and see if you think their work is professional.  I am not saying whether or not you like the style, but does it look professional to you. 
For example, I like to show fashion and beauty in my book.  This is what I do.  Paul does portraits and he is phenomenal at doing them.
Alex does real, raw edgy work.  Mary does fashion and commercial.
You may not like all of those styles, but I think they are all done  very well and some of the best on here.
And I have to say, for a bunch of so-called amateur butt shots, they sure have gotten a helluva lot of views! :-)

Aug 16 05 08:41 am Link

Makeup Artist

Camera Ready Studios

Dallas, Texas, US

Tracey Masterson wrote:
C.Slim, I agree with Marcus and think he really took the time to help you out.  So few take the time to answer the question.  Also, Alex (as Usual) makes a great point about what doesn't make a professional.  It is a difficult question because you have to take into consideration the person that is giving you the advice.  Take a look at the portfolios and see if you think their work is professional.  I am not saying whether or not you like the style, but does it look professional to you. 
For example, I like to show fashion and beauty in my book.  This is what I do.  Paul does portraits and he is phenomenal at doing them.
Alex does real, raw edgy work.  Mary does fashion and commercial.
You may not like all of those styles, but I think they are all done  very well and some of the best on here.
And I have to say, for a bunch of so-called amateur butt shots, they sure have gotten a helluva lot of views! :-)

thanks for the compliment Tracy.  I love the fact that you made note of the popular butt shots.  I can't even look at them, I cringe when I see this type of shot but there sure is a market for it, at least in places like this....you can look at portfolios all day long and the most popular shots are always the ones with the least amount of clothing, cheesiest poses etc.

Aug 16 05 09:11 am Link