Forums > General Industry > The shot that killed my camera....

Photographer

J Schumacher

Gustine, California, US

One of the final shots before my Minolta D7 died today.... all I get is a black screen on the shots; though I can view previous shots. The mirrors go up, the shutter works, but no go. I suspect the ccd. Anyone else have any better ideas?

Thank god there's one month left on warranty, but arg. Sony has the repair now, and they'll probably replace it with their crappy new version. Hope they can fix it.

I tried reinstalling the firmware, just in case, but it looks terminal... one of the recalled ccd's must have slipped through. Dammit.

So, the shot that killed my camera:

https://www.modelmayhem.com/pic.php?pid=1444941

Oct 08 06 01:33 am Link

Photographer

Stephen Melvin

Kansas City, Missouri, US

Sorry to hear about your camera. Here's hoping the repair or replacement holds out longer!

BTW, you should probably warn people that the shot is not really safe for work. Somebody might click on it Monday morning!

Oct 08 06 02:51 am Link

Model

Wynd Mulysa

Berkeley, California, US

Well, the tattoo says "Let it die."

I like it.  smile.  And I hope your camera can be brought back to life soon.

Oct 08 06 03:35 am Link

Photographer

AKY-Studios

Seattle, Washington, US

well at least the picture fits the scenario smile

Oct 08 06 03:37 am Link

Photographer

wishingtree photography

New Orleans, Louisiana, US

rest in peace~

Oct 08 06 09:48 am Link

Photographer

Israel Kendall

Trenton, North Carolina, US

Haha, wow, the irony of it all is just too much!

Oct 08 06 10:15 am Link

Photographer

J Schumacher

Gustine, California, US

Rrrr. Now I realize Halloween is coming. Must have, must have camera for that. I could shoot film, but oh, the cost, the cost.
(thinking and plotting furiously).

(anyone in the bay area want to rent their backup digital slr for a month? ((or however long sony takes to repair/return)) )

Oct 08 06 12:35 pm Link

Photographer

J Schumacher

Gustine, California, US

Damn.
The Post Office was closed today. Couldn't ship the camera to Sony (where it will probably moulder on a shelf till the turn of the century).

I was kidding before, but if someone local has a spare unit they can rent for a month, I give you cash and some form of collateral. All the people I know who owe me that many favors don't have good cameras, and the ones with good cameras don't owe me that much.

Except for one, and he's a bit.... anal. I don't think I could ask to borrow his camera without calling a paramedic to stand by.

Anyway, someone cry for me and my camera, cause I can't. I'm too manly. At least while you're reading this. (you can see me, can't you?)

Arr. Life sucks. And then......

Oct 09 06 09:42 pm Link

Model

Terra Bryant

Kent, Washington, US

Hope your camera can be resurected like frankenstien...

Oct 10 06 02:35 am Link