Forums > General Industry > How much would you price my pictures

Photographer

VanKou

Ypsilanti, Michigan, US

I am asking your help.  I am trying to figure out how much to price my pictures for an upcoming exhibition.  I would like to hear your opinion about what would be a reasonable price that would result in some sales.  Just give me a rough average, not a picture by picture.  Assume that we are talking about 11x14in digital prints.  Thank you in advance for your inputs. 
VanKou

Oct 07 06 07:46 pm Link

Photographer

James Jackson Fashion

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, US

there is no way for anyone else but you to do that.

Your sales will not depend upon your pricing structure.

Oct 07 06 07:48 pm Link

Photographer

udor

New York, New York, US

Judging by the International Art Expo in NYC past March, I'd say that some of your images may go for $150 to $220 and for some really artistic pieces, you may ask for $350.

That would be my personal, unqualified opinion!

Oct 07 06 07:54 pm Link

Photographer

Rafa Andreu

Barcelona, Catalonia, Spain

Well, it depends on the size of each image, how many sizes you'll print from the same image and how many copies you will make of that same image in the different sizes.

Oct 07 06 08:08 pm Link

Photographer

Lotus Photography

Berkeley, California, US

also depends what city you are in, ask the director of the gallery, and if you have been through that gallery before, price according to what was selling..

Oct 07 06 08:50 pm Link

Photographer

darkfotoart

Grand Rapids, Michigan, US

i see your in mich.  the worst economic climate in the u.s. .  i know im here 2.     well with the amount of digital cameras out there digital prices are cheap.     i looked at a booth at a craft show today   , she had some really nice 8x10 prints for $35.00 .   i mean beautiful landscapes really nice stuff no crap.    i sell my 8x10 prints for $40.00  and im in a nich market , i aim for 400 sales at that price.      so really where we live $75.00  to $125.00  top notch prints will move.  prints more than that usually are from a 6x6cm  6x7cm   4x5 inch or 8x10 inch negative  printed optically.   a great optical should get $300.00  to  $800.00   with a rough cap of 12,000.00   but i can testify a single release its hard but poss to get $4,500.00       since your doing digital id go for low prices and poss decent volume.       my set standard is $10,000  per image in 5 years.  sometimes it ends up 400+ sales at $25.00  each  but so be it its the end tally that counts.

Oct 07 06 09:23 pm Link

Photographer

VanKou

Ypsilanti, Michigan, US

Thanks for the reply.  I shoot film, but print digitally.

Oct 08 06 09:01 am Link