Forums > General Industry > Had a dream last night...no show message?

Photographer

James Andrew Imagery

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

This morning I am reading a thread dealing with the problem of no-show models.  Then I realized that the very strange dream I had last night may in fact be a funny solution...or at least, deterrent to this type of thing.

My dream was weird, and I can't remember it all. But basically it involved photographing mannequins.  Very hard to explain the context.

So, what I just thought of was this.  If you book a shoot with a new model and he or she does not show, doesn't provide notice, etc..  Get ahold of one of those sex toy type love dolls, and a Richard Nixon mask.

Rebook the shoot. Tell the model if they dont show the next time, you will take several pics of the doll wearing the mask, and link it back to their profile.

Yeah, its mean - but would be hella funny.  Its not the kind of thing I would do, thats why I am putting it out there for someone more mean than I am. - lol

Jim

Aug 13 05 09:54 am Link

Photographer

EMG STUDIOS

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, US

Yes, this is weird!

Aug 13 05 11:06 am Link

Model

CrystalNichole

College Station, Arkansas, US

Hmm...I think it's sad that this might actually work.

I know one photographer who experienced this dilema took a photo of an empty chair and linked it to the no-show model for months.  He wrote that it was the only photo he had of her smile

Aug 13 05 12:42 pm Link

Wardrobe Stylist

Kuree

Los Angeles, California, US

Clever.

That would be hilarious.

Aug 13 05 01:12 pm Link

Photographer

ClevelandSlim

NORTH HOLLYWOOD, California, US

really you would be promoting them, by sending them traffic.  that's not what you want to do i don't think.

Aug 13 05 01:32 pm Link

Model

CrystalNichole

College Station, Arkansas, US

I don't know that the promotion would be such a problem...After all, you would be promoting the fact that the model was a no-show.

Aug 13 05 01:35 pm Link

Photographer

EMG STUDIOS

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, US

I'm posting info like on theibl.com, I will adding more to the area I live in where models have stood me up.

Aug 13 05 01:42 pm Link

Photographer

Patrick Walberg

San Juan Bautista, California, US

What kind of fetish is that? Taking a Richard Nixon mask and putting it on a mannequin? I LOVE IT!  Actually I think I'll get a Bush W and Clinton mask too. Might as well use Presidents we all know lied, right? Then I'll get real models to wear the masks.  That would have to be the most unusual fetish ever! It just might work!

ROFLMAO!

Aug 13 05 03:23 pm Link