Forums > General Industry > stolen pics!!!!!

Model

Xarah

Amsterdam, Noord-Holland, Netherlands

Hi, this user has stolen  one of my pics! https://www.modelmayhem.com/member.php?id=77810
he uses one of my pics and wrote this: i call this my master piece( china DOLL) this is one of my favorite works i have done ... under my pic... (it's the pic with 11 comments in his portfolio) I'm so angry about this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! More pictures of this photoshoot you can see at my homepage: http://www.xarah.de/pix_fantasy_0010.htm
So, please take a look, perhaps there are other stolen pics at this site!
Xarah

Oct 06 06 06:20 am Link

Model

Susi

Atlanta, Georgia, US

If you haven't already, you should really let the moderators know via using the Contact a Moderator feature.  They don't tollerate photo theft!

XO-
Susi

Oct 06 06 06:25 am Link

Photographer

Meehan

Merrimack, New Hampshire, US

So this person did not do the makeup on this shoot? Pretty bold statement to say it's their finest work!?! Leave comments on it that state your displeasure.

Oct 06 06 06:28 am Link

Photographer

T H Taylor

Milwaukee, Wisconsin, US

Why do people do this???

This pisses me off as well.
Contact a mod and get them booted off.

Oct 06 06 06:28 am Link

Photographer

Jim Ball

Frontenac, Kansas, US

Xarah wrote:
Hi, this user has stolen  one of my pics! https://www.modelmayhem.com/member.php?id=77810
he uses one of my pics and wrote this: i call this my master piece( china DOLL) this is one of my favorite works i have done ... under my pic... (it's the pic with 11 comments in his portfolio) I'm so angry about this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! More pictures of this photoshoot you can see at my homepage: http://www.xarah.de/pix_fantasy_0010.htm
So, please take a look, perhaps there are other stolen pics at this site!
Xarah

I do not see the disputed picture on your site at that link.  You have two other photos of a model in identical hair & makeup in different poses against different backgrounds.  Do you have that exact photo somewhere else?  Is it possible that the alleged thief stole your look and idea and made up a different model to copy your look?

Oct 06 06 06:34 am Link

Model

Xarah

the original pic, where it's stolen from is here: http://www.fotocommunity.de/pc/pc/mypic … ay/4035702
and another version at my homepage here: http://www.xarah.de/pix_portrait_0014.htm

Oct 06 06 06:37 am Link

Photographer

Hadyn Lassiter

New Haven, Connecticut, US

Hang um!

Oct 06 06 06:47 am Link

Photographer

Kelly Talele

Atlanta, Georgia, US

I'm still unclear as to whether the person using that photo (who is a MuA) was the MuA at your shoot.  I'm not sure that gives him/her the right to use the photo in their portfolio, though.

You might contact the photographer to see if he/she gave copies of those images to the MuA as well.  I really hope it's a misunderstanding and not actual theft!

Oct 06 06 06:57 am Link

Model

Amy Amadea

Burton-upon-Trent, England, United Kingdom

Jim Ball wrote:

I do not see the disputed picture on your site at that link.  You have two other photos of a model in identical hair & makeup in different poses against different backgrounds.  Do you have that exact photo somewhere else?  Is it possible that the alleged thief stole your look and idea and made up a different model to copy your look?

It's fairly obvious that they're the same model as well, unless he managed to clone Xarah's face and put that on the other model as well.

Xarah, I agree that you should contact a mod, stealing photos is against copyright laws for a start.

Oct 06 06 07:03 am Link

Model

Xarah

@Kelly: there is nothing to missunderstand.
I'm living in Berlin, Germany, the photoshoot was in Berlin, Germany too. The makeup was made by me (I'm the model) and the photographer Julischka (also living in Berlin, Germany). So there was no other MuA there, and the original photos and copyrights are only by me and the photographer.... So, it is really clear, that this pic is simply stolen!

@Izzy: I have informed a mod, but I want to inform you, perhaps there are other pictures stolen! And I'm really angry about the sentence he wrote under my pic!!!!!

Oct 06 06 07:04 am Link

Photographer

Meehan

Merrimack, New Hampshire, US

Good catch... you have an amazing port by the way!

Oct 06 06 07:07 am Link

Photographer

Images by Yancy

Roseville, California, US

That's messed up and desperate.

Report the bastard!

Oct 06 06 07:18 am Link

Photographer

James Jackson Fashion

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, US

https://www.modelmayhem.com/pic.php?pid=371465

corrected pic link of "China doll"

Oct 06 06 08:55 am Link

Photographer

T. Cassavetes

Toronto, Iowa, US

I've found a few of my pics on MYSPACE used to create some bogus profiles... I reported them there but nothing ever happens

Oct 06 06 09:00 am Link

Photographer

Morbid Rockwell

Fresno, California, US

How did he get his mits on the pic? It's not on either page.

Tell a mod.

Oct 06 06 09:05 am Link

Photographer

4C 41 42

Nashville, Tennessee, US

This calls for a good old fashion blanket party!

I've said it before, and I'll say it again, I wish somebody'd steal my pics.  It would be such a compliment.

Oct 06 06 09:17 am Link

Model

New York, New York, US

why are some people so pathetic and insecure? the rest of the pictures in the thief's portfolio are not bad, some are pretty cool! i wonder if some of those are stolen too....?

Oct 06 06 09:20 am Link

Photographer

Primox Studios

Madrid, Madrid, Spain

Xarah wrote:
Hi, this user has stolen  one of my pics! it's the pic with 11 comments in his portfolio
I'm so angry about this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Xarah

The pic has 16 comments already... how sad for that guy, the one with more comments is stolen... anyone wants to claim the one with 9 comments?

Oct 06 06 10:16 am Link

Photographer

Bobby Knight

Palm Beach, Florida, US

Images by Yancy wrote:
That's messed up and desperate.

Report the bastard!

Agreed..hand them up by a string!

Oct 06 06 10:21 am Link

Photographer

Tony Culture Photoz

Bloomfield, New Jersey, US

It makes sense to always put logos or id's on pictures used on the web.

Oct 06 06 10:48 am Link

Model

ClaireMarie

Raleigh, North Carolina, US

Wow!  That's so scary...

Sometimes I wonder... with all the people on the internet... will I find my face/body somewhere I don't expect?

But to take credit for someone elses work...

That is really terrible!  What a nightmare!

You do have lovely images in you port tho - wink

Oct 06 06 11:01 am Link

Photographer

RickHorowitzPhotography

Fresno, California, US

T. Cassavetes wrote:
I've found a few of my pics on MYSPACE used to create some bogus profiles... I reported them there but nothing ever happens

It will if your attorney writes them a letter telling them to expect legal action.  wink

Oct 06 06 11:10 am Link

Photographer

RickHorowitzPhotography

Fresno, California, US

Tony Culture Photoz wrote:
It makes sense to always put logos or id's on pictures used on the web.

Yeah...I hate to "mess up" my pics by putting the logos right in the middle, but maybe that's what I'm going to have to start doing. 

Of course, right now, most of my work is hardly worth stealing.  Wouldn't you agree? wink

-- rick

Oct 06 06 11:12 am Link

Photographer

Julischka

Berlin, Berlin, Germany

Well, I'm the photographer and make-up artist who did this shoot.
I'll write him a bill an we'll see, if he keeps happy.

Damn

edit: screenshot are ready, now I'm going to talk with my law-friends. I let you know what's going on.

Oct 06 06 11:19 am Link

Photographer

Jim Ball

Frontenac, Kansas, US

Ok, Now that I see a link to the exact same image, it is obviously a stolen image and not a copycat look.  Like others said--GET THE MODS!

Oct 06 06 11:43 am Link

Photographer

joe duerr

Santa Ana, California, US

Well the thief said that it was him making a copy of that image. I took both images and overlaid them in PS and there is not 1 hair difference. I would say that is one hell of a copy. The pixel size is also identical. JMHO Not just a thief but a stupid one...

Oct 06 06 02:09 pm Link

Photographer

Jim Ball

Frontenac, Kansas, US

Stealing other members images and claiming credit will get one permabanned from MM.  Why is the culprit still here?  Have you contacted a moderator yet?

Oct 06 06 03:15 pm Link

Photographer

Halcyon 7174 NYC

New York, New York, US

I'm on it.

Check their MySpace to be sure you don't have any images piraated there: http://www.myspace.com/enigmakid

Oct 06 06 03:21 pm Link

Photographer

DFWlens

Dallas, Texas, US

I left the guy a tag congratulating him on his beautiful, bogus work.

I guess when he logged on the first thing he saw was my tag, cause he tagged me telling me that everything in his port was his and let loose a few insults.

Anyone that left comments on the pic get any nasties before he got banned?

Now I wish I hadnt been so quick to delete it!

Oct 06 06 07:00 pm Link

Photographer

duds here

Chicago, Illinois, US

A true story.

I read an article about photographers stealing pictures to make their book look good.

One photographer talking to an art director was asked if he had to shoot that photo again, what would he change?  The photographer explained a flaw in the photo that he would change if he had to do it again.

The art director told him yes, I thought that too after I finished shooting the shot, before I became an art director, but we were done with the project.  Needless to say the photographer didn't get any work from that agency.

Shall we say ooppss!

Oct 07 06 02:55 am Link

Photographer

Julischka

Berlin, Berlin, Germany

@DFWlens: it's a pitty that you've deleted the tag.
I could have used it well. he is not only a thief and a liar,
he is also still rather impudent. I try to write a calculation
with appropriate bit in English.

the art directors story is *wow*

Oct 07 06 05:31 am Link