Forums > General Industry > What happens when models get Prg?

Model

Jael M

Houston, Texas, US

Pregnant Models?? I saw on a models profile that their weight/skin/mood will be going up/bad/crazy because they were now "in the family way" and wondered....what happens to models when they are pregnant? Are there many photographers out there who like to photographer "the bump"? I know that HK had a baby and was walking the Victoria S within 2 months or so. But we are not all HK and can afford to be in the gym 9 hrs a day or so. I am mostly wondering.....what is the demand for pregnant models, if any? Just seems that in this weight obsessed world- it would mean the end.  Hm....

-Jael-

Oct 06 06 12:56 am Link

Model

Jael M

Houston, Texas, US

BUMP...ahhhh...everyone is afraid to answer the question......

Oct 06 06 01:16 am Link

Photographer

Jack D Trute

New York, New York, US

Jael M wrote:
BUMP...ahhhh...everyone is afraid to answer the question......

Bump?

:Like all the pregos are sleeping cause they like have kids now.

Duh.  Try waiting more than 10.5 minutes for an answer to a complex question.

Oct 06 06 01:18 am Link

Photographer

Incident Image

Los Angeles, California, US

well... 9 months later they have a baby.

Oct 06 06 01:19 am Link

Model

Jael M

Houston, Texas, US

Jack D Trute wrote:

Bump?

Duh.  Try waiting more than 10.5 minutes for an answer to a complex question.

Hmm....I was looking for an opinion on what is the demand for pregnant models if any. Do you have one or are just advising me on proper thread etiquette? Because like, I still want to know, like. 

-Jael-

Oct 06 06 01:22 am Link

Photographer

LindoPhotography

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Well yeah I think theres a market for pregnant models. Someones gotta model pregnancy clothing and show off that radiant glow smile

I've seen some really sexy, and in my oppinion a bit too revealing pregnancy photos from the studio I work in.

Its not fat, as in unhealthy out of shape type fat, its just a baby growing in there. Freaky!

Oct 06 06 01:23 am Link

Photographer

Jack D Trute

New York, New York, US

Jael M wrote:

Hmm....I was looking for an opinion on what is the demand for pregnant models if any. Do you have one or are just advising me on proper thread etiquette? Because like, I still want to know, like. 

-Jael-

Oct 06 06 01:24 am Link

Model

Jael M

Houston, Texas, US

Incident Image wrote:
well... 9 months later they have a baby.

Hm, really? Is that how it works. wink As to WHAT happens when a woman is pregnant I understand (13 nieces/nephews). I just wanted to know if many MODELS use it as a modeling tool for maternity wear (?) or if there is a demand for them. I can see this question is not getting taken seriously. I just was wondering!!

-Jael-

Oct 06 06 01:27 am Link

Photographer

Dudley Watson

Roseburg, Oregon, US

Jael M wrote:
Pregnant Models?? I saw on a models profile that their weight/skin/mood will be going up/bad/crazy because they were now "in the family way" and wondered....what happens to models when they are pregnant? Are there many photographers out there who like to photographer "the bump"? I know that HK had a baby and was walking the Victoria S within 2 months or so. But we are not all HK and can afford to be in the gym 9 hrs a day or so. I am mostly wondering.....what is the demand for pregnant models, if any? Just seems that in this weight obsessed world- it would mean the end.  Hm....

-Jael-

I have worked with a model who loves being photographed when she' prego.  I seriously think you will have a different outlook if you become pregnant.  I also wonder why you would use HK as an example?  Her body is her fortune, like an actress, so high maintence is a must.
Oh, BTW, if you do get prego, you might try modeling for maturnity lines.  I hear they pay big money...

Oct 06 06 01:28 am Link

Model

Jael M

Houston, Texas, US

Jack D Trute wrote:

lol, ok...if the pregnant people are sleeping....then maybe they will read it in the morning. In the mean time anyone ELSE can answer. Thanks for the info!

-Jael-

Oct 06 06 01:30 am Link

Photographer

John Pringle

New York, New York, US

Send them to me...
https://jpringlephoto.com/PORTRAIT/pics/_U7T6343s.jpg
Three generations...
https://jpringlephoto.com/PORTRAIT/pics/_U7T6410BW.jpg

Oct 06 06 01:34 am Link

Model

Jael M

Houston, Texas, US

Dudley Watson wrote:

I have worked with a model who loves being photographed when she' prego.  I seriously think you will have a different outlook if you become pregnant.  I also wonder why you would use HK as an example?  Her body is her fortune, like an actress, so high maintence is a must.
Oh, BTW, if you do get prego, you might try modeling for maturnity lines.  I hear they pay big money...

Used her as an example because she isn't like anyone on MM/OMP. She is/was able to pay the big $$ to keep her body her temple. She was whipped back into shape sooner than most woman start to leave the house! So I was trying to think what do the average everyday models do? Do they quit modeling? I do NOT ever plan on being "in the family way" but it peeked my interest when I saw it on a models page.

Oct 06 06 01:35 am Link

Model

Jael M

Houston, Texas, US

John Pringle wrote:
Send them to me...
https://jpringlephoto.com/PORTRAIT/pics/_U7T6343s.jpg
Three generations...
https://jpringlephoto.com/PORTRAIT/pics/_U7T6410BW.jpg

WOAH! I personally don't see the beauty in the bump but all the more power to 'em!

-Jael-

Oct 06 06 01:36 am Link

Photographer

- null -

Jael M wrote:
I can see this question is not getting taken seriously.

You are clearly new around here. Welcome.

Oct 06 06 01:51 am Link

Model

AuLa

West Hollywood, California, US

Agencies for pregnant women. Yes.

Oct 06 06 03:57 am Link

Photographer

Photocraft

Ann Arbor, Michigan, US

Congratulations! smile

Oct 06 06 04:04 am Link

Photographer

BlackWatch

Cleveland, Ohio, US

The newest suicidegirls set has a pregnant model covered with tattoos.

Oct 06 06 04:17 am Link

Photographer

Keith Goodman

Sarasota, Florida, US

Just as plus modeling is a niche so is pregnant modeling. 
Pregnancy does not preclude continuing to model. Possibly some areas may be out of the question like extreme sports etc.  I like working with "the bump"  smile and i believe there is demand not as limiting as it might seem.

Oct 06 06 04:42 am Link

Model

Wynd Mulysa

Berkeley, California, US

I really just opened this to find out what "Prg" meant.

Oct 06 06 04:44 am Link

Model

Sirensong

Cardiff, Wales, United Kingdom

Jael M wrote:

Used her as an example because she isn't like anyone on MM/OMP. She is/was able to pay the big $$ to keep her body her temple. She was whipped back into shape sooner than most woman start to leave the house! So I was trying to think what do the average everyday models do? Do they quit modeling? I do NOT ever plan on being "in the family way" but it peeked my interest when I saw it on a models page.

We get fat and bitter.
We sit on our asses watching Oprah all day with a baby latched onto one tit as we bitch about hot skinny chicks or chicks with enough money to have a personal trainer and lament the loss of our freedom and girlish figure that we would have should we be able to afford a personal trainer.

Oct 06 06 04:53 am Link

Photographer

Cyril Helnwein

Clonmel, Tipperary South Riding, Ireland

Jael M wrote:

-Jael-

When my wife got pregnant, she obviously didn't get as much work as usually because the demand for maternity wear isn't that big.  But she did get several jobs (I doubt she would have wanted any more) and also got a lot of offers she didn't take.  Now, 9 months after the birth, she is back in full swing and just got a cover on Irish Tatler (big fashion mag over here).

A pregnant woman is a very beautiful thing - their skin gets a lovely glow, the hair becomes very shiny, etc. It makes wonderful photo opportunities, it's just a different market than the fashion market.

Oct 06 06 04:53 am Link

Model

Limarys

West Wyomissing, Pennsylvania, US

Well If your close to NYC expectingmodels.com is one of the best agencies for pregnant modeling. They are up there with the top Agencies in NYC.  I had a meeting there when I was pregnant but I guess I wasnt good enough (LOL).
If that doesnt work what I did was continue to go on auditions for beauty.  I went on one for  phone company. Anything that was from the boobs up I submitted but it was important to disclouse you are pregnant so they are not surprised when you come in.  Can you believe lots of photographers were willing to test a pregnant model!  I didnt want to shoot pregnant so I turned them all down.  I regret it now I have no pics of a bare pregnant belly to my little princess.  As far as weight goes.  I didnt go to the gym. I actually have a free gym at my apt and a year later have never gone. And guess what Im about 10 lbs lighter. Perfect time to move back to NYC. LOL I think it was a combination of gaining the expected weight, Not eating as much as the typical North Easter eats in the winter, and nursing.  I couldnt pose for Maxim but I  pretty much stayed steady with my career during the pregnacy. And actually had 3 tears that year from hard work from the previous year.

Oct 06 06 07:14 am Link

Photographer

Fluffytek

I think pregnant models are fantasic. I want to shoot more of them:

https://www.fluffytek.com/gallery/images/hollib_0927_039.jpg

Oct 06 06 07:29 am Link

Photographer

udor

New York, New York, US

Jael M wrote:

-Jael-

We produced the Lingerie America fashionshows during their trade show three months ago, and we had a pregnant models there, probably in her eight month.

There is an agency that specializes in pregnant models.

They may work closely with those photographers who get models pregnant for them...  (joking about the last part).

Oct 06 06 01:23 pm Link

Photographer

Merlinpix

Farmingdale, New York, US

Sure same rules apply: get naked and tied up.

Paul

Oct 06 06 01:45 pm Link

Photographer

Christopher Hartman

Buena Park, California, US

I'll shoot a pregnant model but she'll likely need to pay me.  I did TFP once just to see what I could do and see if I could make her happy.  She was VERY happy.  I've since turned down two other shoots because they wanted free shots too.

Oct 06 06 03:10 pm Link

Model

Hacked Account

Houston, Alaska, US

I still modeled during my preg, worked out great.

Oct 06 06 03:15 pm Link

Photographer

ShadowCrafter

Pike Road, Alabama, US

Jael M wrote:
what happens to models when they are pregnant? -Jael-

Well you see,   there are these birds,   and then there are these bees,

and they , well....... they kind of ......

O COME ON,    SURELY you know about the birds and the bees by now. 
Gee golly willeckers

Oct 06 06 03:33 pm Link

Photographer

Jim Goodwin

Phoenix, Arizona, US

I like to work with pregnant models when I get a chance. Some models have told me their demand has gone up when they were pregnant, and others have seen the opposite. I think location has a lot to do with it (if you were near me your demand would go up). You may find more of the maternity work will be of an "artistic" style as opposed to a commercial use. You may be surprised to find out how many commercial fashion and catalog maternity work is done by models who are not really pregnant. You don't really need to be pregnant if you are fully clothed, all you need is a prosthetic belly to wear.

Oct 06 06 03:37 pm Link

Photographer

wishingtree photography

New Orleans, Louisiana, US

pregant models are great.  see pics of alex on my sites for an example.

Oct 06 06 03:54 pm Link

Photographer

Jay Bowman

Los Angeles, California, US

Jael M wrote:
Are there many photographers out there who like to photographer "the bump"?

Whether or not I like it is of no consequence, but if paid to shoot a pregnant model, then I shoot her...

Oct 06 06 04:13 pm Link

Photographer

photosbydmp

Shepparton-Mooroopna, Victoria, Australia

there stomach gets bigger and bigger.

Oct 06 06 04:16 pm Link

Photographer

CameraSight

Roselle Park, New Jersey, US

LindoPhotography wrote:
Well yeah I think theres a market for pregnant models. Someones gotta model pregnancy clothing and show off that radiant glow smile

I've seen some really sexy, and in my oppinion a bit too revealing pregnancy photos from the studio I work in.

Its not fat, as in unhealthy out of shape type fat, its just a baby growing in there. Freaky!

Yeah, check out  http://www.modelscouts.com/pregnant_models.html

Oct 06 06 05:50 pm Link

Photographer

Stephen Melvin

Kansas City, Missouri, US

Been looking for a pregnant model, really. Thought I had one, but I'm still looking.

Ideally, I'm looking for a not-yet-pregnant model.

Oct 06 06 06:03 pm Link

Photographer

Moraxian

Germantown, Maryland, US

I've shot with several ladies who were in various stages of pregnancy, and they just glow in front of the camera.  They're beautiful.  smile

Oct 07 06 01:50 pm Link

Photographer

Vector 38

Austin, Texas, US

Jael M wrote:
What happens when models get Prg?

uh, wait,..., i know this one; they have a baby. pretty sure that's it. uh, huh.

some, seriously though, some will do maternity photos.

F

Oct 07 06 01:52 pm Link

Photographer

Alluring Exposures

Casa Grande, Arizona, US

Pregnant models are just models and some can be a lot of fun to work with lol

Oct 07 06 02:02 pm Link

Photographer

Envisionz

Fort Lauderdale, Florida, US

Pregnant models are very sensual and sexy! I will photograph any that want to contact me. In black and white film, you can make pregnancy very sexy and erotic.
Im not one of those photgs that want anorexic poster children as part of my work.

Oct 07 06 02:04 pm Link