Forums > General Industry > Male Photog w/ Male Model's erect "Meat"

Makeup Artist

MakeuptoGo

Los Angeles, California, US

Or the guy could be gay and that's what he is into.  Mapplethorpe did the work that he did because that's what he was into as an artist and as a man.  So whether that's the case or not, it's not weird to think of why he might have that as an Avatar and I'd have to say it's your hang up.

- Tania smile

Oct 05 06 10:54 am Link

Photographer

Dan Choy

New York, New York, US

Didn't this topic get beaten to death on the release of the Rolling Stones album cover for "Sticky Fingers?"

http://www.hank-dust.com/img/galerie/co … _front.jpg

Now there is no nudity in this shot, but there was a big deal about the cover.  I mean, it doesn't leave much to the imagination.  And by today's standards, would still be controversial.  Yet is is hailed today as one of the greatest album covers of all time.

And then there's Mapplethorpe.  Oh, gosh.  Is that a whip coming out of his rectum?  Hanging in the Museum of Modern Art?

Granted, Mapplethorpe was probably a narcissist, but it all comes back to: Context.

Oct 05 06 10:57 am Link

Photographer

Morbid Rockwell

Fresno, California, US

Adrenalin Concepts  wrote:

I am a confident hetro male photographer... check 'Chiseled from Granite' in my profile (shouldnt be too hard to find (damn another pun)...its good image (MHO) of a great anatomy period, male or female shouldnt matter. The human form, in all its states in a beautiful thing, regardless of gender and a good image is a good image.

True, anatomy is anatomy, and it's all good, but once one starts stepping into eroticism, it's erotic art. An erection is stepping in that direction, definately.

Wjen you get into Maplethorpe style images, then I get uneasy. I mean, c'mon, who thought sticking a finger in a male urethra was a good idea anyway.

Gay doesn't bug me, but come on.

Oct 05 06 10:58 am Link

Photographer

ReallyRandy

Fort Lauderdale, Florida, US

Here you guys go again. Thinking that art has rules. When art is subject to constraints, it ceases to be art.

And another thing. Stop judging others by yourself! "Well, if it were me I'd..."
What you would do is incidental, meaning it doesn't matter. What you would do is force your opinion on others.
If the guy wants to display boners, what difference does it make if they're a male or female photographer? Maybe they're not doing it for personal satisfaction. Maybe it's just a good shot. Who are you to judge?

Oct 05 06 11:03 am Link

Model

Elle Chanel

Raleigh, North Carolina, US

Torrence Williams wrote:
I am not at all OFFENDED by the shot. And its well within the confines of the rules of the website.. Just seems kinda odd to me. WHay a Male phtog, would showcase another Males "anatomy"

maybe it was his own 'lil soldier' saluting all that come by his port.  Or maybe he's soliciting for plan b: "if photography doesn't workout i can go the way of ace bigelow~male gigolo"

Oct 05 06 11:03 am Link

Photographer

SI Photography

NORTH HOLLYWOOD, California, US

Torrence Williams wrote:

Yeah But thats your Wife!!! SHE'S not a HE!!

Wow. Shocking all the homophobes here.

Oct 05 06 11:12 am Link

Photographer

Halcyon 7174 NYC

New York, New York, US

Torrence Williams wrote:
I am not at all OFFENDED by the shot. And its well within the confines of the rules of the website.. Just seems kinda odd to me. WHay a Male phtog, would showcase another Males "anatomy"

Art is art and beauty is beauty. Who cares what sex the model is, as long as they look fantastic in a picture. Showing a male nude doesn't explicitly or implicitly convey anything about the photographer's sexuality, if that's what you're asking.

Oct 05 06 12:34 pm Link

Photographer

aesthetix photo

Macon, Georgia, US

Torrence Williams wrote:
So I assume you see nothing wrong with a Male photog shooting a male models Erect Anatomy, and then Proudly putting it on Display...(like you would do your girlfriends picture)

I don't see anything wrong with it at all.  I've photographed male models, from casual to "I need these pix to get dates on the Internet" photos. 

Do you find it odd that female photographers will photograph nude female models?

And there's nude photos of my wife on my port, as well.  It's just someone's body parts.  It's not like you're displaying their soul or psyche for the whole world to gawk at.

Oct 05 06 12:38 pm Link

Photographer

Les Sterling

Palm Springs, California, US

Surreal Eye Studio wrote:
...It's just someone's body parts.  It's not like you're displaying their soul or psyche for the whole world to gawk at.

That could be the most insightful thing I've read on this site in a long time.
Someone on here a while back astutely observed that "modeling is like acting - one frame at a time."

Oct 05 06 12:46 pm Link

Model

Rebecca K

Huntsville, Alabama, US

all i have to say is: art has many forms, and the human body is beautiful

Oct 05 06 12:50 pm Link

Model

MelissaLynnette LaDiva

Leawood, Kansas, US

Torrence Williams wrote:

I dunno..
Your port does not ALARM me at all.
They are all males, and practically all nude.. but nothing that makes me think twice..
Nice work BTW

"Alarm"?  "Think twice"?  I don't get it.  What are you thinking twice about?

Oct 05 06 12:53 pm Link

Photographer

Renee Jacobs

Montpellier, Languedoc-Roussillon, France

Torrence Williams wrote:
I dunno..
Your port does not ALARM me at all.
They are all males, and practically all nude.. but nothing that makes me think twice..
Nice work BTW

Um, think twice about what exactly? That he and/or the model might be gay? Horrors! That gay men (who are so aptly revered as avatars of good taste, culture and grooming) might stoop to putting out work that's as horrendous as what so many men shoot of women? LOLOL. If it's the former, get over it. If it's the latter, then you might be on to something. ;-)

Oct 05 06 12:55 pm Link

Photographer

Dan Choy

New York, New York, US

Man, if people have problems working with gay men, I dare say you should think twice about being in this industry.

Oct 05 06 12:59 pm Link

Model

luv2bfitt

Merrimack, New Hampshire, US

Hadyn Lassiter wrote:

A mans got to know his limitations. What type of website was it?

Torrence Williams wrote:
Model Place

Different sites have different rules. Avatars aside, I've had some images I can post on that site, but not this site, but this site will allow a bare bum for an avatar, but not that site, etc. Probally a question for their forum....

Oct 05 06 03:16 pm Link

Photographer

Mark J. Sebastian

San Jose, California, US

maybe he did it so female models will look at it.

Oct 05 06 08:02 pm Link

Photographer

Adrenalin Concepts

Oshawa, Ontario, Canada

If I could find more well built uninhibited male models near me I would shoot more...
I have an erotic natured series in B&W i have been working on ... now just need more male mdoles to finish the series!!!

Oct 05 06 10:10 pm Link

Photographer

Nihilus

Nashville, Tennessee, US

Torrence Williams wrote:

Imagine this: He may have liked the shot.

Oct 05 06 10:25 pm Link

Photographer

far away

Jackson, Alabama, US

Susi wrote:

For the record, I'm perfectly comfortable with erections;-P

Yes, as am I. The penis is a work of art. Especially, when they're erect. tongue

Oct 05 06 10:25 pm Link

Photographer

far away

Jackson, Alabama, US

Adrenalin Concepts  wrote:

I am a confident hetro male photographer... check 'Chiseled from Granite' in my profile (shouldnt be too hard to find (damn another pun)...its good image (MHO) of a great anatomy period, male or female shouldnt matter. The human form, in all its states in a beautiful thing, regardless of gender and a good image is a good image.

'Chiseled from Granite'... Hey! I know that guy! Lol.. big_smile

Oct 05 06 10:28 pm Link

Photographer

Michael J

Rustburg, Virginia, US

Wynd Mulysa wrote:
What is so strange about a male photographer taking photos of the male form?

Totally!!!! 
End of thread.  End of discussion.

Oct 05 06 10:32 pm Link