Forums > General Industry > i am not perfect

Model

Kim Rachelle

Alta, California, US

I just wanted to say that. And I guess it could just be used as a warning to anyone I may work with. But it's reality right? none of us are perfect. I may look like I have the most perfect skin in a photo but thats only because they used PHOTOSHOP or whatever other program can erase flaws. Yes I have the occasional pimple and blemishes, my legs arent perfectly toned and I have stretch marks. My breath may stink sometimes and I have a gap I'm not the prettiest nor am I the skinniest (and don't want to be either), but I like me!!!

ok Im done venting. this post is worthless but I just felt like writing because this is how I feel sometimes.

- Kim

Oct 04 06 08:49 pm Link

Model

Mircalla

Baltimore, Maryland, US

Sweetie, let me let ya in on a little secret-all those ads you see in magazines and such? They're all air-brushed. No one has THAT kind of skin (well, maybe a couple really lucky people). We're all human and we do from time to time suffer blemishes, bags, blotches, etc. PERFECT doesn't exist. As long as you're happy with who you are then that is all that matters-truly. wink

(now we will hear from all of the people who think they're perfect...lol!)

Oct 04 06 08:52 pm Link

Model

ATB Model

Orlando, Florida, US

I think you're perfect. Stretch marks, pimples, scars makes us human but not imperfect.

Oct 04 06 08:55 pm Link

Model

Dasaun

Southfield, Michigan, US

i feel you...kinda wondered if all the models i saw ARE more perfect than me. but like u i like being me

Oct 04 06 08:59 pm Link

Model

Mircalla

Baltimore, Maryland, US

I believe that any woman who likes who she is, is in touch with her beauty-inner and outer. May sound sappy to some, but everyone possesses beauty. There are those who have natural beauty but it's flawed with their self-absorbance and crappy attitude. But that's their downfall, not our problem.

There's so much more to the human body than just the sexual aspect as well. There are some models who model just their hair, or their eyes, or whatever feature is best on them. It doesn't make them any less of a model nor does it make them any less beautiful as a whole. wink

Oct 04 06 09:02 pm Link

Model

Mz Machina

Chicago, Illinois, US

I always say I strive not to be perfect , but perfectly me.... that is the best any of us can do smile

Oct 04 06 09:08 pm Link

Photographer

Brian Diaz

Danbury, Connecticut, US

When I want to see reality, I look around. 

When I want to see something other than reality, I pick up a camera.

Oct 05 06 02:32 am Link

Model

Linda

Miami, Florida, US

You know, if I was a photographer, I would look for people who are close to perfect. Skin and all. The only reason for that is, that I am a graphic designer, and airbrushing and cleaning some of the girls is not fun at all. Plus, the more you airbrush and Photoshop, the less real the image looks like. So, good luck to all the ones that have perfect skin and body, they will get the jobs before we do. So I guess all we have left is the personality to win over the girls with perfect bodies.

Oct 05 06 02:42 am Link

Photographer

Halcyon 7174 NYC

New York, New York, US

rinda, I wouldn't wait if I were you. Not you personally, but non-"plastic people" who want to model in general. I think you should just attack and be done with them.

Oct 05 06 02:45 am Link

Model

A BRITT PRO-AM

CARDIFF BY THE SEA, California, US

IS SAID THAT EVERYTHING IS PERFECT
PERFECT AS IT IS
;-)
THAT OUR IDEAS ABOUT PEFECTION ARE WHAT NEEDS TO BE ADJUSTED!!?!!

Oct 05 06 02:49 am Link

Photographer

Halcyon 7174 NYC

New York, New York, US

Anjel Britt wrote:
IS SAID THAT EVERYTHING IS PERFECT
PERFECT AS IT IS
;-)
THAT OUR IDEAS ABOUT PEFECTION ARE WHAT NEEDS TO BE ADJUSTED!!?!!

Oh, sure Anjel, but not everybody has tits like yours. tongue

Oct 05 06 02:55 am Link

Photographer

San Diego, California, US

My wallet sometimes gets stretch marks. That never bothers me.

Oct 05 06 03:15 am Link

Model

Sylvia_W

Paia, Hawaii, US

I agree with you Kim!

Oct 05 06 03:33 am Link

Model

-Alisha

Simpsonville, Kentucky, US

Noone is perfect. Everyone has imperfections. I agree with whoever said that even models in the top of the industry have flaws and it's most airbrushed. Ever seen some of them without make-up?  Looks like a totally different person. I am content with the way I look and my imperfections. I hope you are too. (And GOOD LUCK)

Oct 05 06 07:56 am Link

Photographer

David Birdsong

Pontiac, Michigan, US

I don't think I have ever posted a picture of a model that I didn't fix something on her...

Oct 05 06 08:58 am Link

Model

Amber Dawn - Indiana

Salem, Indiana, US

!!!NO ONE IS PERFECT!!!

Oct 05 06 12:28 pm Link