Forums > General Industry > Size VS. Weight

Model

Chyvonne Amara

Washington, Arkansas, US

I've been having a problem with finding clothes, and getting modeling work.  I have to be a certain weight and a certain size to be considered a "proportioned" plus size model.
I weigh about 210 I am 5'9 and I wear a size 10-12 long loose.  My chest is double d but I can't understand why the hell I am so heavy.  I mean I know I am muscular, But i weigh ALOT for a 10-12 it seems....I mean I think I look proportioned and even... but it's a weight thing I guess... I want to do more with modeling, so please give advice and feedback.  I'll do the same.
Thank You 
-A'Mara

Oct 04 06 04:02 pm Link

Model

LaViolette

Hollywood, Florida, US

The reason why you think you're heavy for your size is probably because of your height. For example someone who is say, 5'3 and wears the same size as you will most likely weigh less than you since they don't have that additional height. You're an attractive woman; you'll find a great market for yourself. As for plus size models needing to be "proportional" I'm not sure whether they mean bust-waist-hip proportional or what.

Oct 04 06 06:14 pm Link

Model

Chyvonne Amara

Washington, Arkansas, US

Katy Goldapple wrote:
The reason why you think you're heavy for your size is probably because of your height. For example someone who is say, 5'3 and wears the same size as you will most likely weigh less than you since they don't have that additional height. You're an attractive woman; you'll find a great market for yourself. As for plus size models needing to be "proportional" I'm not sure whether they mean bust-waist-hip proportional or what.

Thank you sweetface.   Other people need to frikkin post like u smile

Oct 04 06 07:17 pm Link

Model

littleredhead

Pleasant Grove, Utah, US

You look well proportioned to me. What or who makes you think you aren't?

Oct 04 06 07:22 pm Link

Model

Jus Chocolate

Yonkers, New York, US

Cosign

Chelyse wrote:
You look well proportioned to me. What or who makes you think you aren't?

Oct 04 06 07:32 pm Link

Model

CrazyRussianHelicopter

Madison, Alabama, US

Some plus size models have skinny legs and a bigger upper body, but as far as I can judge on your picutre you are relatively proportional.

FYI, though - Critique posts are here https://www.modelmayhem.com/threads.php?forum_id=8

You have a beautifull smile, not that you asked about it, but just saying.

Oct 04 06 07:33 pm Link

Model

Naomiwynn

Chicago, Illinois, US

I was JUST about to post about this very subject.

I'm in the same boat as you, and have learned that I need to stop comparing my weight to other people. I watch the Biggest Loser and cannot believe that some of these women weigh LESS than me, but to be honest - I have big bones. For real. Not only that, but I have muscle. I'm tall and I weigh A LOT, but I'm solid - not flabby. At my thinnest since grade school, I was about 230. I don't think I would ever want to go under 200 - I like being big. smile

Oct 04 06 10:33 pm Link

Model

Cynthia Leigh

Orlando, Florida, US

As already stated, muscle weights more than fat.  And height & body size/shape plays a *Huge* deal in all of it!  I often joke with people that I wouldn't have to lose weight if I could just grow a couple of inches taller. ^_^  As it is because I have a medium to small body frame my weight hangs differently than it would if I was of a larger body frame. 

Being "proportionate" in the plus-size world often means having a 10 inch difference from your waist to your bust & hips.  So essentially, something like, 46-36-46 would be considered proportionate.  Modeling companies often look for this because plus-size models have a tendency to look "stocky" on camera if they don't have a more hourglass shape.

Oct 04 06 10:39 pm Link

Model

Bentley_J

Fort Washington, Maryland, US

Oct 05 06 08:26 am Link

Model

Bentley_J

Fort Washington, Maryland, US

Oct 05 06 08:29 am Link

Model

Chyvonne Amara

Washington, Arkansas, US

Madcitychel wrote:
Some plus size models have skinny legs and a bigger upper body, but as far as I can judge on your picutre you are relatively proportional.

FYI, though - Critique posts are here https://www.modelmayhem.com/threads.php?forum_id=8

You have a beautifull smile, not that you asked about it, but just saying.

Thank You... smile
Thank you everyone for your feedback... I want to know about the girls in my boat... How did you guys get started with modeling... I want to do some more work, and it seems there is now another "drop in sales" for the plus girls... or is that just me?

Oct 05 06 08:34 am Link