Forums > General Industry > website advice

Model

Iona Lynn

Oakland, California, US

I'm fiddleing with my website again.

I need some input.

I plan on getting rid of the photogrpaher list completely it is too long and no one judges you on how many people you have shot with. no one cares and I have had a few models going to the list and makeing faux referals on my behalf.

My question is that I have worked on a number of small projects that have web space and need promotion, and themore people who see the artwork I have helped create the bigger the next show is the more prints sell the better the chance I get called for another sitting.

So I already have a links page with a few studios I work with, should I expound that to add links to the artists who want to cross promote?

I also wanted to create a information to new independent models as well. 

Just looking for ideas and a few suggestions.

www.ionalynn.com

Oct 04 06 12:55 pm Link

Model

Beauty of Tiferet

Cleveland, Ohio, US

Dork. Call me. Remember what I used to do for a living before I became ill?

Oct 04 06 03:11 pm Link

Photographer

Shannon Fontaine

Nashville, Tennessee, US

Iona,

Mostly the site could use some updating style wise IMO. So you'll know where I'm coming from, I am the photographer/partner in two small web design companies:

www.gunnfontaine.com

and an offshoot www.onlinepropertyshowcases.com

My design partner also built my photogrpahy website www.shannonfontaine.com which, like yours is in terrible need of an update but we're so busy right now it keeps getting shoved to the bottom of the pile smile

With the left justified table and Times New Roman font the site looks homemade - I'd be willing to bet you could find a photographer/designer who would trade some updated programming for some figure shots.

Your modeling work is truly beautiful. If it costs a little money to showcase your work it's worth it in today's marketplace.

At least in my experience. Best of luck.

Shannon

Oct 04 06 03:24 pm Link