Forums > General Industry > How did you get SCREWED over

Photographer

JM-Photographics

Tacoma, Washington, US

Model or Photographer.....what has happened to you where you felt you totally got the shaft.....when have you been bent over and screwed.....What is the worst example of a Model-Photographer relationship......Bring out The horror stories..

Oct 03 06 02:15 am Link

Photographer

Dean Solo

Miami, Arizona, US

Why do I have to tell you mine? Don't you have enough of your own?

Actualy noone too bad. I just heard (out of the blue?) from a model I shot with several months ago. She agreed to sign a release then negated after the shoot. I told her unless she signed a release (per our initial agreement). I was not giving her images. She cried that "no other photographer made her sign a release". I did not persue it even though I felt the images were some of the strongest I had made to date.

I seriously did not expect to ever hear from her again and out of the blue she contacts me and wants to set up a meeting.

I better make shure I have my bodyguard with me when I meet her.

*Edit* I might add that she refused to sign a release and then still copied the images off my port!

Oct 03 06 02:22 am Link

Model

Iris

Dallas, Texas, US

I got screwed over by Firestone... smile

Oct 03 06 02:24 am Link

Photographer

Craig Thomson

Tacoma, Washington, US

Why dwell on the bad life has to offer.

I had three great shoots with new models last week and this week I met one for an interview that turned into booking for two separate sessions and am meeting another new model tomorrow to interview for a possible three consecutive sessions.

Life is good!

"whats in your camers?"

Oct 03 06 02:27 am Link

Photographer

photosbydmp

Shepparton-Mooroopna, Victoria, Australia

flew model up to my studio, payed 3 nights lodging, provided food,  telphone calls home cooked meals & a cd of images as well as 500.00 dollar fee, model then stood me up for the next shoot leaving me with a mua,props, airtickets, and another model standing there  and not able to do the agreed upon shoot , then gave my cd of images to another photographer to photoshop, and asked for more money, NOW THATS being screwed over.

Oct 03 06 02:29 am Link

Photographer

Dudley Watson

Roseburg, Oregon, US

Jeffrey Winner wrote:
Model or Photographer.....what has happened to you where you felt you totally got the shaft.....when have you been bent over and screwed.....What is the worst example of a Model-Photographer relationship......Bring out The horror stories..

Jeff, are you having a slow night?

Oct 03 06 02:33 am Link

Photographer

Jason McKendricks

Chico, California, US

Mine's not too bad.

A woman I'd photographed with before was planning another shoot with me. She had been going to my regular hair stylist/MUA at her salon for a while now. Through a great round of miscommunication, she was under the impression I was going to pay for her highlights and some other work.

The stylist called me when the model sat down and told her that, but my cell phone battery had died and I was wandering around the Farmer's Market. It wasn't until I got home I realized a bill over $100 was on my tab. I got it all straightened out though and her hair did look great.

Oct 03 06 02:35 am Link

Photographer

Dean Solo

Miami, Arizona, US

Doug Mackay    DMP wrote:
flew model up to my studio, payed 3 nights lodging, provided food,  telphone calls home cooked meals & a cd of images as well as 500.00 dollar fee, model then stood me up for the next shoot leaving me with a mua,props, airtickets, and another model standing there  and not able to do the agreed upon shoot , then gave my cd of images to another photographer to photoshop, and asked for more money, NOW THATS BEING BENT AND ASS-F-----D.

That reminds me (though not as bad). I booked a model from out of town who was visiting about 30 miles north of me. I did not even haggle with her about the rate and I agreed to give her images from the session as well. Even though I also agreed to be the one to drive the 30 miles to meet her, she asked me for travel expenses! I may be a fool and been born yesterday, but I can assure you it was not last night. I quickly informed her that she had crossed the line of generosity and cancelled the shoot.

Oct 03 06 02:41 am Link

Photographer

Hadyn Lassiter

New Haven, Connecticut, US

At birth, "They" told me I would be famous,rich and great looking as well as talented and intelligent. Not to mention that everything I ever thought I wanted would be available for my pleasure. Shit, all I got was this lousy T-shirt and a free AOL account.

Oct 03 06 05:07 am Link

Photographer

Mortonovich

San Diego, California, US

Doug Mackay    DMP wrote:
flew model up to my studio, payed 3 nights lodging, provided food,  telphone calls home cooked meals & a cd of images as well as 500.00 dollar fee, model then stood me up for the next shoot leaving me with a mua,props, airtickets, and another model standing there  and not able to do the agreed upon shoot , then gave my cd of images to another photographer to photoshop, and asked for more money, NOW THATS being screwed over.

No way! Man, that's effed up.

Oct 03 06 09:50 am Link

Model

Jay Dezelic

Seattle, Washington, US

Ok, Here is a real screw over story for you photogs.  I will give you the short version anyway.  I was once a commercial photographer who specialized in creating a specific kind of stock imagery that is used by many major companies.  I built an online library of over 50,000 photos.  I had also invented and filed patents on some new photographic technologies associated with the library. I was approached by some venture capital investors who had ulterior motives.   Ultimately, my wife and I ended up loosing over 1 million dollars (more than what we had).  My photo library is now part of a couple major stock houses in NY under another person's name.  I got to spend many years and many hundreds of thousands of dollars fighting these scum-bags only to find that they were more corrupt than Enron.

https://www.jaydezelic.com/remote/mmBtn01.gif

Oct 03 06 09:53 am Link