Forums > General Industry > How do you get a copy of a web tearsheet?

Model

Kat McGeough

Seattle, Washington, US

I was on the cover of a magazine but I'm still trying to get the web version of it.  Who's tree should I be barking up for the tearsheet...the photographer,the editor of the mag, or both?

Aug 12 05 12:52 pm Link

Photographer

Mike Cummings

LAKE COMO, Florida, US

kat_o_9 wrote:
I was on the cover of a magazine but I'm still trying to get the web version of it.  Who's tree should I be barking up for the tearsheet...the photographer,the editor of the mag, or both?

None of the above. Go to the site and do a screen capture of the page.

Aug 12 05 12:54 pm Link

Model

theda

New York, New York, US

Is this a print magazine with a website or just an online magazine? For an online mag, a screen cap is fine. If you want to print it for your hard copy book, a screan cap won't be large enough and you'll want a tiff or high res jpg from the magazine staff. The photographer may already have a that file.

Aug 12 05 01:04 pm Link

Model

Kat McGeough

Seattle, Washington, US

It's a print magazine.  So the website image is super small.  I've been trying to contact the editor and the photographer but so far no luck.

see for yourself  www.whiplash.ca.   Go to issue #2.  I'm the cover model.

Aug 12 05 01:11 pm Link

Photographer

C R Photography

Pleasanton, California, US

Try the the publisher directly.

If you made the cover you deserve a tear.

If that don't work, take your monitor and lay it flat on a xerox copier. wink

Aug 12 05 01:16 pm Link

Photographer

GWC

Baltimore, Maryland, US

- Open photoshop
- Switch apps to your browser
- Navigate to the web page you want
- Type ALT-printscreen (or ctrl-printscreen)
- Switch apps to photoshop
- Create a new document (Ctrl-N)
- Paste into it (Ctrl-V)
- Flatten layers

GWC!!!

Aug 12 05 01:20 pm Link

Model

Soshanna

Murrieta, California, US

or buy the magazine, or obtain a copy and scan the page...

Aug 12 05 01:21 pm Link

Model

theda

New York, New York, US

If you're on the cover, they should definitely provide you with a couple of copies of the magazine. If they have already, you can scan it in if the publishers are being finks about getting you a web-sized version for your online porfolios.

Aug 12 05 01:22 pm Link

Photographer

Christopher Hartman

Buena Park, California, US

kat_o_9 wrote:

if you can see it on your monitor, just right click and choose Save Picture As (this is assuming you're on Windows).

Aug 12 05 01:32 pm Link

Model

Kat McGeough

Seattle, Washington, US

Thanks folks.  I did the screen capture.  The image looks a little distorted but at least it's in my portfolio now. 
Hopefully the editor and/or the photographer will get back to me at some point.  They were supposed to give me additonal copies of the magazine but I moved away and never got them.  Plus I was dumb enough then to not add that to the contract.
I will try the publisher as well.  Thank you.
-Kat.

Aug 12 05 01:32 pm Link