Forums > General Industry > Anyone heard of bikinilane.us? Legit or stealing?

Photographer

i c e c o l d

Fort Myers, Florida, US

I searched the forums before I posted but didn't find anything and a google search just found links to their site.

I was on that Other Modeling Place and found a new FL photographer that had this site as his website link saying he worked for them and another bikini company. Its loaded with about 13 pages of swimsuit models. I recognize a lot of the models and the photographers that shot them from OMP and MM. There was a note at the bottom that says photos used by permission of the model. Somehow I don't see Hiedi Klum giving her permission.

Just wanted to see if this is legit or is someone stealing images again.

How I found him is he asked a question in the forums about "what was the perfect equipment for a beach swimwear shoot".

A Whois search says the domain is registered to a female in Minnesota. However his OMP forum name matches the email name in which bikinilane is registered under.

If legit, I guess I just gave them some free advertising. If illegal, lets get the b@#$%!!

Oct 02 06 09:16 pm Link

Photographer

i c e c o l d

Fort Myers, Florida, US

Anyone.....

Anyone care? If not I'm going to sleep!

Oct 02 06 09:52 pm Link

Photographer

i c e c o l d

Fort Myers, Florida, US

Bueller.......Bueller

***hears crickets chirping in the background***

Oct 03 06 08:05 am Link

Photographer

Miles Chandler

Victoria, British Columbia, Canada

Well, looking it over, it seems to be a way to make money with advertising banner sales. The galleries are a hodge-podge from other websites, etc (for instance, one image is an old SI photo of Paulina Porizkova from the 80's: http://www.bikinilane.us/Gallery3/35.jpg)

The photos that are "winning monthly" probably are indeed being submitted by the models themselves, just in the hopes of a little free exposure. Aside from making the initial galleries themselves out of ripped off images (a common way for sleazy guys to start up their sites to make money) it seems harmless enough. If anyone really wants their work on a site that crappy looking, why not?

Oct 03 06 11:28 am Link