Forums > General Industry > Dallas Fashion Week??

Photographer

IrisSwope

Dallas, Texas, US

I've seen it mentioned a few times.
And there's a website setup for it. dfashionweek.com. But there's no real information.
Is it actually happening? or was it just a grand plan?
Does anyone have any information about it?
I saw somewhere, it was supposed to be Oct 9-13..
hmmm

Oct 02 06 03:36 am Link

Photographer

A. H A M I L T O N

Coventry, England, United Kingdom

It sounds like a small group trying to make a fashion week and it doesn't look to really have the backing of the real industry leaders.

The important thing to know is that Dallas has had "fashion week" for a long time now, it's just called market here though and tailors to our very catalog market, and as such doesn't draw the prestige that NY and LA do.

Still, working it as a runway model is very good exposure for the local market...and like NY and LA your chances of doing so unless you're with one of the major agencies is slim and none.

Andy

Oct 02 06 08:36 am Link

Photographer

IrisSwope

Dallas, Texas, US

A. H A M I L T O N wrote:
It sounds like a small group trying to make a fashion week and it doesn't look to really have the backing of the real industry leaders.

That's what I was thinking, but I couldn't find anyone to ask smile

The important thing to know is that Dallas has had "fashion week" for a long time now, it's just called market here though and tailors to our very catalog market, and as such doesn't draw the prestige that NY and LA do.

Yeah, I knew about the shows at the World Trade Center, and the building they just tore down...can't think of the name...Market Center?  And that they had moved alot of them to the Hilton.... But I wasn't sure if this "Fashion Week" was a different thing, or if they were trying to rename it, to match the other cities...

Still, working it as a runway model is very good exposure for the local market...and like NY and LA your chances of doing so unless you're with one of the major agencies is slim and none.

Andy

Cool...Thanks for the info smile
Iris

Oct 02 06 02:34 pm Link