Photographer

Merlinpix

Farmingdale, New York, US

Hmmm.. well if you go to an established agency, and pay their rates you can get the models you desire.
This is the internet: the quality can be all over the map, clothes or not.

Paul

Oct 02 06 05:36 am Link

Photographer

Ransomaniac

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

Oct 02 06 05:54 am Link

Model

Stacey S

Long Beach, California, US

oh woww.
I just hope that i'm not one of these girls
that Larry was trying to call out.

Oct 02 06 05:56 am Link

Photographer

donald vance

New York, New York, US

lmao!!!
who have you been working with? send me their info. as to your point, you seem to ignore that while  a model does require some interpretive and congintive ability, it is principally the job of the photographer to coax, plead or demand the "look" that is required from the model. don't be lazy. if you have some idea of what you want, then work for it.
and i'm serious about those infos smile
d-

Oct 02 06 06:02 am Link

Photographer

Jason P Hunt

Kansas City, Missouri, US

I think the original point has been lost. If I understand correctly, it was that nowadays some (not all) new models feel that in order to get work as professionals, they feel that getting naked will get them more work, even if there's no call for nudity or they don't have the body for it.

Before everyone jumps on this, I'm not saying that you can't shoot what you like.
I'm not saying that certain people are ugly naked. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

I think the original point of the thread speaks to the attitude of new (amateur) models who think getting naked gives them an advantage. Do they feel they have to get naked to compete?

As a videographer/director, I'm more interested in what you can do with the emotions of an image, whether you've got clothes on or not. Getting naked is immaterial. Show me what you've got with your eyes, and the rest will follow.

Oct 02 06 10:10 am Link