Forums > General Industry > What do you think about this email I received,CON?

Photographer

HotShotzz

Derby, England, United Kingdom

Hi There not to sure about this one does anyone know if this is safe to do?

Cheers Si.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It is my pleasure to contact you, I am Johnny Martins, UK Mates talent scout/agent based in Europe ever since the era of world modeling portal. I have gone through your portfolio and was impressed with the information therein that motivated me to inform your of the on coming modeling event in UK London called MODEL & TALENT EXPO SHOW. This event is organized and sponsored annually by our sponsor firm. On behalf of UK MATES which this year event will take off on 20th -- 22nd OCTOBER 2006 in UK. This event supports both professional/amateur (models/photographers) to show their talents and it equally expose them to a greater height which enable them abreast the latest techniques in the present world modeling industry. It also create forum for exchange of ideas and contacts among all the invited models and photographers from different part of the world and finally, models and photographers are easily hooked for other lucrative offers from representatives of giant UK companies/firms that will be present in the event in search of models and photographers for different work assignment. We are here to help you and support you in your exposure, We lift models to great heights of exposure. Models and Photographers would be paid for this 2 day event; UK Mate is offering 4000 Pounds (Four Thousand Pounds) for the pay rate for the whole event.  However, all the necessary arrangements for the event is arranged and processed, while entries for interested and selected participants is now open. Models and Photographers are required to pay and entry fee, after been selected, because only few models and photographers would be chosen, if you are lucky and qualified to be picked to work with us for this event.
Considering the benefits and huge amount the firm normally invest in this event, subjected their screening and selection exercise strictly on merit which the firm will process flight Ticket, Accommodation, Feeding and traveling documents of any selected Models/Photographer. Moreover, after the event the best performed models will be assigned immediately for one year contract/work assignment with every facility available for comfort, while runner-up will receive a MERIT AWARD CERTIFICATE and cash of 4,000:00 Pounds each as consolation prices. Finally, if you are interested, reply back to my personal email address with the below details.
Send details in this order:

FOR PHOTOGRAPHERS
FULL NAME:
CONTACT ADDRESS:
HOME & MOBILE PHONE:
NEAREST AIRPORT:
HEALTH INFORMATION:
LINK SITES:

Email with this details above if interested and we’ll go on from there after verifying you details.
Please visit our web site:
www.ukmates.co.uk

We await your prompt reply

Model/Talent Scout
Johnny Martins
([email protected])
+447024031527

simon mackney  wrote:
Hi Johnny

Sounds very interesting I'm in London most of the time so please get in touch with more details.

Cheers Si

------
simon mackney
[email protected]
07830 131 817

For my latest news including links to my extreme stock photography and My
Fujifilm Distinctions Award image please click this link:
http://www.simonmackney.co.uk

For my other projects:
http://www.focaltrip.com
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Senders Username ukmates
Date Sent 29 September 2006

Hi,
My name is Johnny Martins, UKMATES talent scout. I went through your profile and i believe you are fit to work with us for our Talent Expo show in UK London, this is made available to Models and Photographers who are interested to come to UK and work with us, and we are paying a very good offer for this upcoming event Expo work. If you are interested to model or photograph for this Expo please contact on the below email to get full details:
Email
UK MATES Talent Scout on:
[email protected]
www.ukmates.co.uk

Sep 30 06 08:45 am Link

Photographer

Richard Tallent

Beaumont, Texas, US

1. Empty promise of "great heights of exposure."
2. Promise that you, too, could be a 4,000-pound winner.
3. Claim of artificial scarcity (many models/photographers signing up)
4. Having to pay money up front to be considered for a gig.

If it's not a scam, it's a damn good imitation of one.

Sep 30 06 08:53 am Link

Photographer

Merlinpix

Farmingdale, New York, US

I have a nice bridge in Brooklyn for you.......

Sep 30 06 10:37 am Link

Photographer

stan wigmore photograph

Long Beach, California, US

Scam,Scam,and more Scam!!!!

Sep 30 06 11:42 am Link

Photographer

Bay Photo

Marseille, Provence-Alpes-Côte-d'Azur, France

It's not a scam. it is just like barbazon, john powers, etc agency.

they make their money by charging you and offer up some token prize that i bet they already know who will get

Jim

Sep 30 06 11:48 am Link

Photographer

studio36uk

Tavai, Sigave, Wallis and Futuna

1) What are they advertising? A TALENT SHOW

2) They direct you to a website - http://www.ukmates.co.uk/ - what does it say there?

Warning !!   We do NOT  sponsor Talent Shows or use Talent Scouts

DUH!!!

Studio36

Sep 30 06 12:15 pm Link

Model

A BRITT PRO-AM

CARDIFF BY THE SEA, California, US

what he said.

also i am from UK and have never heard of them or this event Do they even say where its happening??

also anything that long & impersonal and  dumb sounding
well, i wish you wouldn't read them
but its an education for ME that there are any people who do...
be warned!

and to think they add a link  -straight to the site that TELLS you  NONE of it's true
Hillarious!!

Oct 01 06 03:27 am Link

Photographer

BlindMike

San Francisco, California, US

I am Prince Mike from Nigeria . . .

Oct 01 06 05:08 am Link

Model

Ellynyn

Bristol, Connecticut, US

BlindMike wrote:

Oh, I've heard about you, would you like my life savings to help you?

wink

Oct 01 06 05:39 am Link

Photographer

Scott Meyer

Cincinnati, Iowa, US

BlindMike wrote:

It is my pleasure to contact you

I could tell it was a scam from the first sentence.

Oct 01 06 12:20 pm Link