Forums > General Industry > Fall/Winter Weather in Miami

Makeup Artist

MakeuptoGo

Los Angeles, California, US

What's it like?  Looks like I might be there for longer than expected (South Beach area).  I've only been once before and that was during the summer so I have no idea what to expect if my stay goes into the Winter there.  In fact when is Hurricane season?  Is that more in the spring 'cause I want to make sure I'm not there for that.  lol!  Any info appreciated.  smile

Sep 26 06 12:39 pm Link

Model

e-string

Kansas City, Missouri, US

I used to go to southern FL every winter.. I mean the very southern tip. It could get pretty cold there, sometimes as low as 40s in the evening. But that was December, and it was still warm during the days.

Hurricane season is summer.

Sep 26 06 12:48 pm Link

Model

CTD- NYC Model

Fairfield, Connecticut, US

I believe hurricane season ends in November
I lived there for 6 years, it used to get chilly (30's/40's at night) I was in Ft Myers & Port St Lucie. Sometimes a cold front would come and it would be chilly  for a few days but then gorgeous aferwards

Sep 26 06 01:15 pm Link

Makeup Artist

MakeuptoGo

You mean I was there during Hurricane season and didn't know it?!?!?!?!  :-O

lol!

Ankywhoo, thanks for the info.  I'm really, really looking forward to this...

- Tania smile

Sep 26 06 01:36 pm Link

Photographer

JenniferMaria

Miami Beach, Florida, US

Expect that the Atlantic is warmer than the Pacific. And to have fun. It's nice down here, when you're not dodging hurricanes (but that's almost all year, it seems). Enjoy your stay! And bienvenidos a Miami!

Sep 26 06 05:04 pm Link

Makeup Artist

MakeuptoGo

^^^  Thanks kindly! big_smile

Sep 26 06 07:40 pm Link

Photographer

Jack D Trute

New York, New York, US

Check the temperture charts for the season.

The temps in the 40's are rather rare but you will see the 50's much more often.
And after two weeks of 70's with good sun and a few days of 80's,  the 50's will have you running somewhere to buy clothing fast.
The low 50's will feel like the 30's and the 40's will feel like it is in the teens.
In the rare case it gets down to the 30's you will think the end of the world is coming.
It is embarrassing to see someone wearing the bed sheet on the beach because they is too poor or dumb to read the news and go by a used coat and pants with some decent style.
If you do not want to pack then chart out the stores to buy some cover for when those days do come,  and they will come if you spend the whole season down there.

Sep 26 06 07:49 pm Link

Photographer

Dean Solo

Miami, Arizona, US

Hurricane season is pretty much winding down. The weather starts to cool off around the third week in October. Mid November it's usualy cool and sunny during the day and sometimes a mild chill in the evening. Realy it's a great time to be here, the light outside is gorgeous and it's a great time to shoot outdoors.

Sep 26 06 08:34 pm Link

Photographer

Jack D Trute

New York, New York, US

Dean Solo wrote:
Hurricane season is pretty much winding down. The weather starts to cool off around the third week in October. Mid November it's usualy cool and sunny during the day and sometimes a mild chill in the evening. Realy it's a great time to be here, the light outside is gorgeous and it's a great time to shoot outdoors.

sniff,  sniff,  awww,  you are going to make me cry.
I miss my winters in Miami when It was cool.

Sep 26 06 09:01 pm Link

Photographer

A Traveler

San Francisco, California, US

the weather is very nice right now, and the fall and winter is pretty decent. 50's and 60's when theres a cold front, occasional 30s and 40s. once it was 29, but that is very rare!

Sep 27 06 12:01 am Link

Photographer

bubbaclicks

Fort Lauderdale, Florida, US

this has been a strange year, they predicted more hurricanes and so far we have only been affected by one, and it was just a bad rainy day. you just never knowlast year we had active hurricanes off the coast in december.

the one great thing about florida is we have such beautiful light ALL YEAR, so expect the work in the weather when its cooller to be more abundant
welcome

Oct 04 06 12:08 am Link

Photographer

JenniferMaria

Miami Beach, Florida, US

bubbaclicks wrote:
this has been a strange year, they predicted more hurricanes and so far we have only been affected by one, and it was just a bad rainy day. you just never knowlast year we had active hurricanes off the coast in december.

the one great thing about florida is we have such beautiful light ALL YEAR, so expect the work in the weather when its cooller to be more abundant
welcome

I know, I'm shocked we didn't get hit this year. I'm ready to hunker down, if need be. smile

Oct 04 06 09:40 am Link

Photographer

David Scott

Marion, Iowa, US

If you're looking for somewhere damn cold with some snow in the winter, come here smile

Oct 04 06 09:53 am Link