Forums > General Industry > Mercury in retrograde

Photographer

Patrick Alt

Los Angeles, California, US

I was wondering way it has been nearly impossible to get anyone to work in Sept. It has seemed like an endless string of cancellations, postponements, etc. In no particular order:

2 models broke up with boyfriends with resulting traumas and moving out
2 models ill and unavailable.
1 moved away just moments before we connected
1 had forgotten camping plans at the time we were to work
1 was called away on business. To Colorado
1 left on a one month trip to China
1 has gone on an international dominatrix trip (whatever that is)
3 have vanished without a trace
and 1 developed an all over rash due to a new laundry soap

It has seemed like no matter what I did, absolutely nothing has worked out. Found out today that Mercury has been in retrograde, usually a period of major foulups, miscommunications, and various other SNAFU's. I was just curious if anyone else has been affected by this cosmic malady as well?

Sep 25 06 03:43 am Link

Model

Mindy Harley

Omaha, Nebraska, US

oh for sure I have !!!
Just read my thread!

Sep 25 06 03:50 am Link

Model

A BRITT PRO-AM

CARDIFF BY THE SEA, California, US

unfort that happens a lot -
it looks that way half the time

;-)

but i WILL shoot with you soon!

Sep 25 06 04:04 am Link

Photographer

La Seine by the Hudson

New York, New York, US

Yes, serious weirdness, beginning with the fact that on the biggest shoot of the month I had unprecedented equipment failure (2 camera bodies and a Hensel battery), which has lead to all sorts of craziness.

Strangely enough, all that equipment now works just peachy. Just not when I needed it most. Amazing how broken equipment can bring out all the hidden tensions in people and relationships and rivalries, isn't it?

Sep 25 06 04:15 am Link

Model

Mz Machina

Chicago, Illinois, US

being a Gemini , I am all to familiar with the Mercury in Retrogarde thing.... Poor Virgo's had it in their month!

Sep 25 06 04:15 am Link

Photographer

AZELESSAR

San Francisco, California, US

i don't normally "BUY IN" but i have no choice.....i had 2 shoots scheduled and i booked 2 more ....the first one cancelled - due a sunburn
the 2nd one..they lost power about 1/3 way through the shoot. the other 2 cancelled no word on why.

Sep 25 06 04:19 am Link

Model

Mz Machina

Chicago, Illinois, US

I had 2 photographeres cancel , and had to cancel a shoot and rehersal last month....
I have never cancelled a shoot before.... ever.
I felt ...... stained........... by having to do that .

I amm not a believerof newspaper horoscopes , but theres something to real astrology that's beyond coincidental.

Sep 25 06 04:36 am Link

Model

A BRITT PRO-AM

CARDIFF BY THE SEA, California, US

its also been the best month of many recent years..by far...for me...!

Sep 25 06 04:37 am Link

Photographer

Lotus Photography

Berkeley, California, US

mercury can't go into retrograde, it is an inner planet, only outer planets show 'retrograde'

https://www.umich.edu/~geo113/113/1/retrograde.jpg

Sep 25 06 08:19 am Link

Photographer

Lotus Photography

Berkeley, California, US

by the way, your work is great, it's a loss for the model to not work with you, not the other way around

Sep 25 06 08:20 am Link

Model

Null0000000

Abbeville, Alabama, US

Patrick Alt wrote:
I was wondering way it has been nearly impossible to get anyone to work in Sept. It has seemed like an endless string of cancellations, postponements, etc. In no particular order:

2 models broke up with boyfriends with resulting traumas and moving out
2 models ill and unavailable.
1 moved away just moments before we connected
1 had forgotten camping plans at the time we were to work
1 was called away on business. To Colorado
1 left on a one month trip to China
1 has gone on an international dominatrix trip (whatever that is)
3 have vanished without a trace
and 1 developed an all over rash due to a new laundry soap

It has seemed like no matter what I did, absolutely nothing has worked out. Found out today that Mercury has been in retrograde, usually a period of major foulups, miscommunications, and various other SNAFU's. I was just curious if anyone else has been affected by this cosmic malady as well?

haha that sucks.  but, this is my birthday month and something bad ALWAYS happens to me!  and me and my bf did break up.  but don't let personal life get mixed with business.  what if that model had a shoot to be on..let's say...the cover of a big well known magizine? would she have blown it off then?  people need to be serious about modeling if they want to call themselves models, i've noticed most models on this site are not actually aspiring to be real models.  but then again, some are really amazing too!

Sep 25 06 12:28 pm Link

Model

Lightbulb

Toronto, Iowa, US

CareLyn Anita wrote:
.... Poor Virgo's had it in their month!

That's weird, I didn't notice anything.

Back in july, however...............I was trying to talk to this GEMINI at work...and it was impossible...IMPOSSIBLE. I was then surfing the net and came across the mercury retrograde thing. It all made sense...virgo to gemini communication in a mercury retrograde phase is very difficult (obviously because gemini and virgo are both ruled by mercury)

even emails didn't work in this phase......

now I find out it has happened again.......guess I didn't realize it

Sep 25 06 08:55 pm Link

Model

Mayanlee

New City, New York, US

Sep 25 06 09:07 pm Link