Forums > General Industry > She flaked on me...again!

Photographer

Click Hamilton

San Diego, California, US

Image K wrote:

Normally, it's one strike and you're out.

But it's a friend that I have had for 4 years.

That's the dynamic that makes this difficult.

There are givers and takers. Maybe she'll wake up from her 11 hour beauty rest and realize that all the givers have hit their delete buttons and left.

Move on.

She's rude and inconsiderate, so why try so hard to give her the benefit of the doubt? People with that behavior are a dime a dozen.

Sep 23 06 06:05 pm Link

Photographer

Click Hamilton

San Diego, California, US

Image K wrote:
This is a picture of her that I took at work about a year ago. Some people think that she has manly features. I think that she has a unique look, and a great body!

https://img108.imageshack.us/img108/7891/tonya4505at4.jpg

*rolling eyes

Oh man ..... you're talking like a guy who's hoplessly p-whipped!

Does she wait on standby to do something nice for you while you are sleeping?

Don't be a door mat. You're embarassing me!

I'll bet you are a total gentleman and pick up all the expenses for her too.

Sep 23 06 06:13 pm Link

Photographer

UnSeenYou

Cleveland, Ohio, US

One flake and then you need to collect a refundable deposit if she is serious and she gets it back when she finishes her shoot.  In the mean time, get some kick ass shoots and let her know what she is missing  OR  ... LIE TO HER and tell her "Too bad ... I was presenting to a paying client and they liked your look, but since flaked, you lost a few hundred dollars modeling fee.  BUT ... she thanks you because he is going to use her for the next 2 shoots!!!"

Sep 23 06 06:14 pm Link

Photographer

Legacys 7

San Francisco, California, US

UnSeenYou wrote:
One flake and then you need to collect a refundable deposit if she is serious and she gets it back when she finishes her shoot.  In the mean time, get some kick ass shoots and let her know what she is missing  OR  ... LIE TO HER and tell her "Too bad ... I was presenting to a paying client and they liked your look, but since flaked, you lost a few hundred dollars modeling fee.  BUT ... she thanks you because he is going to use her for the next 2 shoots!!!"

Mayhaps that was a joke? I hope. But if not, why play games. To me that is a waste of time and energy. The fact that you are platying around with her is just letting her know that you still have some type of interest in her. Just cut her off and move on. There are plenty of models out there who are willing to take care of business.

For me, business, is first and freinds are second when it comes to taking care of business. You have to do this because people, those so called friend like to take advantage, something like family do. Friendship comes after.

I am cool with two models, meaning we still talk. One is on here and another isn't. The non MM model I had to put in check, because she tried me, the repect came after. It usually does. The other is someone who is easy going and isn't going to play around. She's out going and professional. Even if something happens, she's not going to cat around, she'll tell you.

Sep 23 06 06:39 pm Link

Photographer

joe duerr

Santa Ana, California, US

Ninty percent of the time if a photographer books a shoot and the model flakes, the photographer needs to learn how to book. Any photographer that has a model  flake and books another shoot with the same model is an idiot. JMHO

Sep 23 06 06:47 pm Link

Photographer

Gray Line Studios

Lynchburg, Virginia, US

Image K wrote:

Normally, it's one strike and you're out.

But it's a friend that I have had for 4 years.

That's the dynamic that makes this difficult.

How do you hang with friends that don't show? And if she doesn't repect your time what kind of friend is she?  You have outlined a serious pattern and she is exploiting the fact you are a nice person.

Just say, NEXT! and move on.

Sep 23 06 06:49 pm Link

Photographer

Vegas Alien

Armington, Illinois, US

Image K wrote:
This is a picture of her that I took at work about a year ago. Some people think that she has manly features. I think that she has a unique look, and a great body!

https://img108.imageshack.us/img108/7891/tonya4505at4.jpg

When she moves from nickel slots to the tables her tips will increase and she can pay for images.

Nice cans.

Sep 23 06 06:56 pm Link

Model

Mayanlee

New City, New York, US

Can we say "enabler?"

"Friends" have your best interests in mind. "Friends" are willing to do for you for nothing more than appreciation. "Friends" are considerate. "Friends" give you respect.

You ain't gettin' none o' that.

Just call her a cute acquaintance that strikes your White Knight cord.

Sep 23 06 08:59 pm Link

Photographer

Kevin Connery

El Segundo, California, US

Image K wrote:
This makes the most sense. It's just so difficult to maintain a friendship with someone that can't be relied upon.

Mayanlee wrote:
"Friends" have your best interests in mind. "Friends" are willing to do for you for nothing more than appreciation. "Friends" are considerate. "Friends" give you respect.

Yup.

I "demoted" a friend into someone I'll hang out with when he's there, but no longer rely on him being somewhere or doing anything he says he would. Took me a few years to get to that point, since he's an excellent photographer, great conversationalist, well-informed, etc.--but simply NOT reliable. Maybe he'll be there--and if he is, he'll do a great job--and maybe he won't. Maybe he'll line up the models...and maybe he won't.

I got burned one time too many. sad

It's not just models; some people either never accept responsibility, or come to it very late. By the time someone's in the late 20's or early 30's, if they haven't got it yet, it's time to wonder if they'll ever change.

I figure most other people have had this happen to them at least once...

Sep 23 06 10:51 pm Link

Photographer

Image K

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

Vegas Alien wrote:

When she moves from nickel slots to the tables her tips will increase and she can pay for images.

Nice cans.

LOL!!!

I am in tears laughing!

Sep 23 06 10:55 pm Link

Photographer

Image K

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

Mayanlee wrote:
Can we say "enabler?"

You ain't gettin' none o' that.

Just call her a cute acquaintance that strikes your White Knight cord.

Well stated! And, absolutely correct!

Thank you!

Sep 23 06 10:57 pm Link