Forums > General Industry > About Nude Photos as the Main!

Model

Model Mayhem

El Segundo, California, US

Ty Simone, uhhh your pics seems fine.  Even though it shows nipple... you cant really see it in the thumb.

I'm not gonna be supercop over this issue.  I'm fine with pics like EMG STUDIOS.  It's just the pics that show it outright to your face like BAM! ... That we cant have tongue

And for the record, I loathe the anti-nudity crusade tongue

Apr 28 05 01:24 pm Link

Model

Model Mayhem

El Segundo, California, US

Or Matt's answer for a more clear cut definition tongue

Apr 28 05 01:25 pm Link

Photographer

Ty Simone

Edison, New Jersey, US

Thanks Tyler.
I was ready to swap it out for a more controversial one :-) I got my Virgin Sacrifice picture waiting in the wings....

I seriously think that there should be a taste test to it as well. And I prefer the site be more professional than an OMP.

BTW [begin brown nosing] This is shaping up to be a great site [end brown nosing] :-)

Apr 28 05 01:29 pm Link

Photographer

Magic Image Photography

Temple City, California, US

I was just asked by ModelMayhem not to post any artistic or other wise nudes to my front page. I agree with you. The fact that this is a free site and is open to kids makes it only wise not to have such style of images posted on main. Although how are you gonna stop kids or minors from once they go to your page from seeing any nudes. I respect this site and have not posted any nudes since last asked. I can see your point of view being a sponcer to this site. Bravo Magic Image Photography

Apr 28 05 01:42 pm Link

Photographer

AG Photo

Easton, Pennsylvania, US

Posted by Richard Bravo: 
I was just asked by ModelMayhem not to post any artistic or other wise nudes to my front page. I agree with you. The fact that this is a free site and is open to kids makes it only wise not to have such style of images posted on main. Although how are you gonna stop kids or minors from once they go to your page from seeing any nudes. I respect this site and have not posted any nudes since last asked. I can see your point of view being a sponcer to this site. Bravo Magic Image Photography 

Thanks again for that Richard, please keep in mind it's only in the main image we ask you not to post nudity...if you have more photos to post, please don't hesitate to post them!

Apr 28 05 01:50 pm Link

Photographer

Wes Adam

Somerset, New Jersey, US

No nudes on main page. My opinion. Could lose models if they think that this site is all about nudes.  It isn't.  It is about beauty, art and freedom.  Let them go inside and see all the nudes they want.  But let's not throw it in their faces.

Apr 28 05 01:53 pm Link

Model

McKenzie

Fort Myers, Florida, US

Posted by Wes Adam: 
No nudes on main page. My opinion. Could lose models if they think that this site is all about nudes.  It isn't.  It is about beauty, art and freedom.  Let them go inside and see all the nudes they want.  But let's not throw it in their faces.

Well said!!

McKenzie

Apr 28 05 01:58 pm Link

Photographer

Steve Mills

Hermiston, Oregon, US

I got the request (a notice in the upload screen, actually) quite a while back. No problem for me, I appreciate the way Tyler has handled it. I think my default image suits the rule just fine, it's no more revealing than the image on the front page of my website where nudophobic (is that a word?) types get a warning.

There are times and places for pushing the envelope. A budding website that *might* give us the opportunity to replace OMP isn't my idea of a battleground for an artistic cause.

Apr 28 05 01:59 pm Link

Model

theda

New York, New York, US

While I agree that Americans on the whole are way too uptight about nudity, me shoving my ta-tas in their faces isn't going to remedy that. At least, it hasn't so far.

Anyway, as a matter of curtesy, I was making my default image a non-nude anyway.  It's bad business for me, but I'm still doing it. So nyah.

Apr 28 05 02:36 pm Link

Photographer

EMG STUDIOS

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, US

I generally don't do nude shoots, so when Mandee jumped in front of the Bentley in her birthday suit I was a little taken by what my camera was looking at. That's not to say I care anything about what other photographers do. I will assume that there is a content filter in place that's why they ask for your age when you register and also ask if the image that you're uploading contains nudity.

Although I wasn't a child of the 70's; (I swear I'm not a day younger than 27) I wish there was the "FREE LOVE" theory running wild now-a-days........ Oh wait, there is.....they call them RAVES don't they?

Apr 28 05 02:50 pm Link

Photographer

Jeff Cohn

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, US

no female nipples visible
no frontal genitalia (male or female)
no more than a peak of buttocks

I think this standard works well, that's basically what you can see in advertising anywhere. Some of my favorite shots of mine are nudes, i dont mind having to have a default image that isnt, i'd prefer to have a nude simply cause i like some of them better, but rules are there for a reason, so ya follow them.

As far as the no linking to paysites, i like the way one girl had it where she had "mysite.com/paysite" or maybe even a toggle on/off for weather it's a paysite or not,  so at least you know that before you click it. Suicide girls is a pay site and i sure as hell want to know which girls are on there that are looking for photogs.

Jeff

Apr 28 05 03:03 pm Link

Photographer

Ty Simone

Edison, New Jersey, US

I think there needs to be a litmus test for the image.

I can not believe that people would think this is better than the Gemini Image, simply because nothing is visible.

But hey, It meets the criteria above......

-Just little 'ol me being controversial again....

Apr 28 05 03:08 pm Link

Photographer

Brian Kirk

Asheville, North Carolina, US

OK my main is fixed now ...

Personally I don't have a problem with this - site rules are site rules - they can even evolve if they need to.

Personally I'd rather have my kid looking at work like mine rather than a model grabbing her tits like she just discovered them ...

Just sayin ...

Apr 28 05 03:44 pm Link