Forums > General Industry > Hmmm.. I just thought of something..

Photographer

Arizona Shoots

Phoenix, Arizona, US

Me wonders... if there's a good percentage of "models" on this site who actually have no intention of being a model. Rather, they've discovered this is a great way to get FREE killer photos for their Myspace.

What better way to make your page on there stand out amongst the rest? And the smart ones have figured out that not only can they get free pictures, but they can also get paid for it too.

Perhaps this explains some of the stupid shit we keep seeing on here. "Shared copyright", "Pay me and gimme them all", "Just gimme them all", and so on...

Just food for thought.

Sep 23 06 12:10 am Link

Photographer

Tog

Birmingham, Alabama, US

Like a baked tomato..

Sep 23 06 12:11 am Link

Photographer

Jack D Trute

New York, New York, US

W.G. Rowland wrote:
Like a baked tomato..

You need help, 
At least in the comedy area.

Sep 23 06 12:13 am Link

Model

MelissaLynnette LaDiva

Leawood, Kansas, US

John Jebbia wrote:
Me wonders... if there's a good percentage of "models" on this site who actually have no intention of being a model. Rather, they've discovered this is a great way to get FREE killer photos for their Myspace.

What better way to make your page on there stand out amongst the rest? And the smart ones have figured out that not only can they get free pictures, but they can also get paid for it too.

Perhaps this explains some of the stupid shit we keep seeing on here. "Shared copyright", "Pay me and gimme them all", "Just gimme them all", and so on...

Just food for thought.

So now that we know the deal, what are we gonna do about it?  How are we gonna boot these clowns out?  I am dead serious about my career, and all these pretenders are getting in my way.  It is not the right time of the month for these jokers to be pissing me off!  Heh.

Sep 23 06 12:20 am Link

Photographer

Arizona Shoots

Phoenix, Arizona, US

Melissa Lynnette wrote:
So now that we know the deal, what are we gonna do about it?  How are we gonna boot these clowns out?  I am dead serious about my career, and all these pretenders are getting in my way.  It is not the right time of the month for these jokers to be pissing me off!  Heh.

See:
https://www.modelmayhem.com/posts.php?thread_id=77918

Sep 23 06 12:22 am Link

Photographer

Stephen Melvin

Kansas City, Missouri, US

John Jebbia wrote:
Rather, they've discovered this is a great way to get FREE killer photos for their Myspace.

You've just noticed that?

I reached that conclusion a while ago about a particular model. 17 years old. Wouldn't bring her mother (my requirement, to sign the model release) but promised me she'd 'scan' or 'fax' her signature to me. Right...

BUT she insisted on bringing her boyfriend. This chick had more red flags than a May Day parade. Told her boyfriends weren't allowed at model shoots. She said "he's been my support and backbone..." I said, "good luck with your future endeavors."

MySpace. Definitely.

Sep 23 06 12:26 am Link

Photographer

Vegas Alien

Armington, Illinois, US

Charge for your work and require deposits.

Sep 23 06 12:28 am Link