Forums > General Industry > the best deal you ever got

Model

Seth Mitchell

Long Beach, California, US

Rum and Coconut drink in the Dominican Republic.  Guy cuts the top off of coconut, puts in rum, ice, and sugar with the coconut milk.  Hands it to you.  You drink the drink and eat the coconut.  Cost me a quarter.  smile

Sep 24 06 11:04 am Link

Photographer

M_M_P

Seattle, Washington, US

Just got a Tamron SP AF28-75mm F2.8 XR Di Macro for $180 brand new at compusa last week. 6 year warranty included. They were closing these out and I would highly recommend that anyone looking for a fast zoom call their local compusa and see if they still have one! It is a fantastic lens.

Sep 24 06 11:07 am Link

Photographer

rickspix

Vallejo, California, US

many years ago i was playing pool at a bar and a kid came up to me and was selling a watch.
it looked nice and i thought it could be worth some money so i offered him $100. he said no way and left.
after the bar closed i ran into him and his girl friend on the street and he came up and asked if i was still interested. i looked in my wallet and had $106 bucks so i offered it to him. he wanted to get a room for him and his gf so i guess the testosterone was raging and he accepted.

the watch turned out to be real and was a piaget polo design gold and white gold and retailed for $14,000

i freaked out and realized it must have been hot so i went to the pool hall and sold it to a nickel dime bag drug dealer who paid me 5 grand in $5 and $10 bills. heh heh my pockets were stuffed and i went to my bank and told them i had a garage sale. 

i guess the other best deal i ever walked into was when i purchased my building 6 years ago. it is a 5000 sq ft commercial storefront with a 3 bedroom 1700 sq ft house on top. so i have my studio downstairs and i live up in the house. i paid $283k for it and in 6 years it has tripled and is now worth about $900k .  smile big smile

Sep 24 06 11:19 am Link

Photographer

rickspix

Vallejo, California, US

ohhh i forgot to mention how i got my building in the first place which is another great deal i had.
i had a lease on my studio when it was in san francisco and at the height of the dot com boom i was right at the end of my first 5 years with an option for another 5 years. i was able to sell my lease back to my landlord for $75 grand and that gave me the capital to get into my own space here.
so for a piece of paper i got $75k

Sep 24 06 11:30 am Link

Photographer

yani

Matawan, New Jersey, US

for all the cash and credit I had, I was able to get divorced!    Priceless!

Sep 24 06 11:45 am Link

Photographer

4C 41 42

Nashville, Tennessee, US

yani wrote:

Some things are a great deal at any price.  ;-)

Sep 24 06 12:06 pm Link

Photographer

Hadyn Lassiter

New Haven, Connecticut, US

yani wrote:

I hear that,plus my lower right leg. But it was worth it. Best post to a thread I have read yet on this wind tunnel.

Sep 24 06 10:18 pm Link