Forums > General Industry > Photography is a physical happening

Photographer

Color of Fashion

New York, New York, US

I do not run around like I used to,
But I get around.
Broke my leg recently and realized how physical life in general is but especially trying to take photos.

I worry I will get fat soon.

Sep 21 06 11:19 pm Link

Photographer

Boho Hobo

Santa Barbara, California, US

Color of Fashion wrote:
But I get around.
Broke my leg recently and realized how physical life in general is but especially trying to take photos.

Is this you way of telling us you're 37-44 years old?

Sep 21 06 11:31 pm Link

Photographer

Color of Fashion

New York, New York, US

KM von Seidl wrote:

Is this you way of telling us you're 37-44 years old?

Hurt myself,  a few times over the years.  This is not the first time.
You have never been hurt besides a flu?

Sep 21 06 11:36 pm Link

Photographer

FKVPhotography

Ocala, Florida, US

Color of Fashion wrote:
But I get around.

It certainly eliminates some types of photography that's for sure. Photojournalism to an extent. I'm 59 and wouldn't be too good in a war zone. Some sports would be out also. I used to do some snow ski photography in my 20's.....now with my bum knee if I went down I'd probably end up in a wheelchair.

Everything else age or physical condition should be affected too much....of course you might move a little slower than when younger.

Sep 22 06 06:57 am Link

Photographer

Mark Reese Photography

Brandon, Florida, US

I would advise against trying to do a photoessay of the Running of the Bulls in Pamplona Spain.

Sep 22 06 07:02 am Link

Photographer

far away

Jackson, Alabama, US

Color of Fashion wrote:
But I get around.

Getting old (older) sucks! I'm 34. I have a bad back, which does interfere with shooting. Especially location shoots. I push through it... but gawd! When I get home, I hurt so freakin' bad!

Sep 22 06 07:07 am Link

Photographer

Analog Nomad

Pattaya, Central, Thailand

Color of Fashion wrote:
But I get around.

Getting older definitely makes photography harder. Two years in a row I've done a couple intensive weeks of event shooting, and carried too heavy a bag. In both cases, it took six months for the back pain to go away.

Fortunately, as we get older, we also get wiser, and to some extent, it can counteract the effects of aging.

Sep 22 06 07:16 am Link

Photographer

Ken Rieves Photography

Avon Lake, Ohio, US

I now find that at the end of a 3 hour shoot I'm physically tired. I think all the standing, kneeling, sitting and contorting wears me out. Also, moving lights, props, backgrounds, etc. add to it. Plus, a couple of years ago I snapped my ACL (rock climbing accident) and after the repair surgery things have never really been the same.

It sucks to get older. sad

Sep 22 06 10:01 am Link

Photographer

Infinite Eye

New York, New York, US

Mark Reese Photography wrote:
I would advise against trying to do a photoessay of the Running of the Bulls in Pamplona Spain.

I'd advise against that while perfectly able!  Who was the genius that said, "Hey, let's get these otherwise docile one ton beasts good and fired up, then run for our lives from them!!"

Maybe the event is secretly hosted by the Darwin Awards.

Sep 22 06 10:10 am Link