Forums > General Industry > Christian Dior Couture Fall 2005

Photographer

- null -

Oh, dear God.

Have you seen it?! Go look on the Vogue website.

It's sooooooooooo beautiful! I want to shoot with a LONG list of models in the new line.

Stuff like this:

https://www.style.com/slideshows/fashionshows/F2005CTR/CDIOR/RUNWAY/00010m.jpg

https://www.style.com/slideshows/fashionshows/F2005CTR/CDIOR/RUNWAY/00130m.jpg

Aug 10 05 08:57 pm Link

Photographer

New York, New York, US

Wow both are great but I love #2

Aug 10 05 08:59 pm Link

Model

chelsey

Lea Hill, Washington, US

breathless

Aug 10 05 09:04 pm Link

Wardrobe Stylist

stylist man

New York, New York, US

Now that is a show I wish I saw.  Most fashion shows are BS.  Any link to a video of it?

Aug 10 05 09:06 pm Link

Model

McKenzie

Fort Myers, Florida, US

Very nice!

McK

Aug 10 05 09:06 pm Link

Model

Jordan

Salt Lake City, Utah, US

OMG....
That is so awesome! I think the 1rst one is fabulous!! It reminds me of a stormy day. The hat looks like a storm cloud...
That SO should have been me wearing that down the runway!!! lol... (in my dreams) hehe

Aug 10 05 10:23 pm Link

Model

Kim Sess

Brooklyn, New York, US

Absolutely Mah-valous!!  The scenery + the clothing.  Hot!!

Aug 10 05 10:26 pm Link

Photographer

- null -

MHana wrote:
Now that is a show I wish I saw.  Most fashion shows are BS.  Any link to a video of it?

Go look on the Vogue website.

Aug 10 05 10:27 pm Link

Model

Jordan

Salt Lake City, Utah, US

Kim Sess wrote:
Absolutely Mah-valous!!  The scenery + the clothing.  Hot!!

I agree! The scenery is the best of any fashion show Ive ever seen!

Aug 10 05 10:38 pm Link

Wardrobe Stylist

Kuree

Los Angeles, California, US

MHana wrote:

Hmm. Well, its not very easy to get in to see the shows in Paris... but definitely something you should do.

But why do you feel that way?

Eric,

Its indeed a great collection. Since 1997, Galligano for the House of Dior is almost always a jaw dropping experience.

Just like reading people's thoughts on the clothes and the designers.

Aug 10 05 10:39 pm Link

Model

veester

Portland, Oregon, US

Ooh, la la!

Aug 10 05 10:41 pm Link

Photographer

Todd S.

Chapel Hill, North Carolina, US

Alright. I get it and I don't get it. It looks to have been an amazing show and like any photog I would have loved to be a part of it.

But other than a show, what is it really? Do these clothes actually exist in the real world? If so, who wears them? I hang out in NYC quite a bit.. despite my yee-haw language in the forums sometimes I'm not a Suthren hick, but even in NY I don't see women dress like this.

Signed,

Clueless in N. Cackalacky.

Aug 10 05 11:01 pm Link

Wardrobe Stylist

Kuree

Todd Steinwart wrote:
Alright. I get it and I don't get it. It looks to have been an amazing show and like any photog I would have loved to be a part of it.

But other than a show, what is it really? Do these clothes actually exist in the real world? If so, who wears them? I hang out in NYC quite a bit.. despite my yee-haw language in the forums sometimes I'm not a Suthren hick, but even in NY I don't see women dress like this.

Signed,

Clueless in N. Cackalacky.

Here is the review from the site Eric got the photo

http://www.style.com/fashionshows/colle … view/CDIOR

One of my favourite sites for free runway reportage is fashionlines.com  You can view the NEW collections (as this one is now old) at this site.

Ok back to the posted dress. This is Dior's FW 05 Haute Couture Collection. Yes, you don't see people walking down the street wearing Haute Couture. That would be awesome though. lol.

And people do buy. I have bought. I'm an addict. When, where and how its worn, another story. wink Could very well be another huge post, but last time I tried to seriously answer a question I was told I was a... lol oh nevermind. smile

Aug 10 05 11:37 pm Link

Model

Sascha

Tokyo, Tokyo, Japan

I'm drewling.  I LOVE couture!!!

Aug 11 05 03:57 am Link

Model

Neptune

JH Christ!!! Where's my check book, my first born???!!! I have to have it, hell I'd wear it to the grocery store, anywhere!
I hate that I missed that show. DAMN MY ETHNIC HIPS!!! They'd never let me on the runway with that....sad

Aug 11 05 06:00 am Link

Model

Ever Art

Chicago, Illinois, US

WOW.....I've never been one to attach myself to a designer or fashion label, but I gotta say DIOR ROCKS!  I am so glad to see the trend in sloppy hip hop fashion/the Paris Hilton stick figure look fading away. That stuff honestly flatters no one and not everyone can wear it either.   

Man, I just love the new Dior stuff, thats total creativity expressed there!  Its reminiscent of a time gone by meshed with fantasy. What class!  Gosh, what I wouldnt do to be in a runway show like that!

Aug 11 05 06:08 am Link

Model

newhall243

Rosedale, New York, US

Neptune wrote:
JH Christ!!! Where's my check book, my first born???!!! I have to have it, hell I'd wear it to the grocery store, anywhere!
I hate that I missed that show. DAMN MY ETHNIC HIPS!!! They'd never let me on the runway with that....sad

LMAO!! smile smile

Aug 11 05 06:35 am Link

Model

newhall243

Rosedale, New York, US

I agree that they are gorgeous but where would you wear them to? Oh well!

Aug 11 05 06:35 am Link

Photographer

Todd S.

Kuree wrote:

Here is the review from the site Eric got the photo

http://www.style.com/fashionshows/colle … view/CDIOR

One of my favourite sites for free runway reportage is fashionlines.com  You can view the NEW collections (as this one is now old) at this site.

Ok back to the posted dress. This is Dior's FW 05 Haute Couture Collection. Yes, you don't see people walking down the street wearing Haute Couture. That would be awesome though. lol.

And people do buy. I have bought. I'm an addict. When, where and how its worn, another story. wink Could very well be another huge post, but last time I tried to seriously answer a question I was told I was a... lol oh nevermind. smile

Like I said, I'm a guy and I'm practical. I also like being comfortable, and I can't imagine this kind of clothing being comfortable on anyone.

Which isn't the same thing as saying I don't enjoy LOOKING at it. It really is art, and I can appreciate it as that. I just can't understand it as clothing.

Aug 11 05 06:43 am Link

Photographer

edgymodels

Atlantic Beach, Florida, US

i love it i'm just hoping @ this nyc fashion week i get to see oscar,de
collection just as beautiful.. next month..
michel
edgy models

Aug 11 05 06:44 am Link

Makeup Artist

Tracey Masterson

Shelton, Connecticut, US

Amazing!  Thanks for sharing this Eric.
I am like a kid in a candy store with fashion, especially couture.  Galliano is the master.  I love the whole deconstructed, muslin feeling of the work at the begining of the show.  And on some of them you can even see the actual mannequin.  ( A muslin is the first construction of a garment, to get the draping correct and to make the pattern.)
And then the Degas Dancers!!! 
ANd did you see Linda Evangelista?  Naomi, Kirsty, Eugenia?  Old Skool, baby.
Thanks again Eric!
Oh and if someone wants to take me down the red carpet, I would wear anything in that show, with some undergarments, though.

Aug 11 05 10:28 am Link

Model

Dona lopez

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

iam a dior addict !! if you go on www.dior.com you can see the fashion show ! ,its off the hook !, they pull up with a coach & horse & a little boy gets out  ( it looks kinda spooky ),but it dior !

Aug 12 05 05:24 pm Link

Makeup Artist

faythe jaxmua

Jacksonville, Florida, US

Beautiful , if you ever need a fashion MUA let me know

Aug 13 05 11:03 pm Link

Model

Sky Above

Ok so everyone who asks me what I call edgy...THIS is it!! I love all of this!

Aug 13 05 11:05 pm Link

Photographer

- null -

jaxmua wrote:
Beautiful , if you ever need a fashion MUA let me know

If WHO does? Me, who started the thread? One of the previous photographers? What "you" are you talking about?

Aug 14 05 12:40 am Link

Model

angelavasquez

Murrieta, California, US

i have always loved dior's fashion shows, theyre so theatrical, its such a breath a fresh air cause dior breaks that barrier of what is fashion, Just to die for! that collection is awesome. one of his best yet!

ciao
angela
xoxoxoxoxo

Aug 14 05 12:50 am Link

Photographer

Brian Diaz

Danbury, Connecticut, US

newhall243 wrote:
I agree that they are gorgeous but where would you wear them to? Oh well!

This is like saying, "I love Picasso's Guernica, but would I put it in the bedroom or the parlor?"

Aug 14 05 03:55 am Link

Model

Sascha

Tokyo, Tokyo, Japan

Dior is fabulous but my personal taste longs for Elie Saab and Versace... still glam & rarely worn unless you're a celebrity but it's just my girl fantasy thing for long flowy dresses... : )

Aug 14 05 07:11 am Link

Photographer

Todd S.

Brian Diaz wrote:

This is like saying, "I love Picasso's Guernica, but would I put it in the bedroom or the parlor?"

I'd put it on my bedroom ceiling. The mirrors are kinda 70s....

Aug 14 05 07:40 am Link