Forums > General Industry > So I made it thru the first round of ANTM casting!

Model

ANNABELLA

Atlanta, Georgia, US

After standing in the brisk cold (its been hot ALL freakin summer and today had to be the one day to be coldhttps://bestsmileys.com/cold/3.gif
for a whopping 5 hours my friend and I finally made it inside to the casting. So we stand in a room amongst about another 100 girls and have to say our name, age, height and weight into a camera (you wouldn't believe the amount of girls who lied about such stats) You could hear the "oh no she didn't's: everytime a barely 5"8 girl belted out "5"11.

Anyways, finally they call out the numbers of who they wanted to stay and my friend had to give me a pinch to let me know my number was called. Couldn't help but laugh being that I was always the kid who never even got picked for anyone's jump rope team in grade school.

So then out of the 100 girls, 5 of us (including this wild multi-colored haired plus size girl who had on bright red tights and some undescribable alift on that required suspenders)  all had to look into the camera and smile for 5 seconds and then not smile.

Such an interesting task for what is supposed to be a modeling competition. So you mean, you don't want me to walk? No, examination of my polaroids? [img]http://bestsmileys.com/cold/25.gif[/img

Anyways, so now it looks like I just wait I guess. I'm not expecting much. I rather put my energy into an agency to be honest with you. I mean it was a fun expirience to spend with one of my friends for the day but sheesh! When #346 is in line in front of you  snacking on a Snickers bar and snuggled in a warm blanket after the 3rd hour and you begin thinking of 30 different ways you could possibly snatch that precious little candy bar away from her; you realize that maybe reality tv is just not your thing.

Well good luck to anyone else who was at the Atlanta casting and the ones to come!

https://bestsmileys.com/clapping/1.gif

Sep 20 06 09:06 pm Link

Photographer

Samantha_Gatt

Brooklyn, New York, US

Good luck!!

Sep 20 06 09:07 pm Link

Model

Cortney M

Atlanta, Georgia, US

Well Congrats and Good Luck! I tried out last time when the casting call was at Lenox and it was insane.  And I'm glad I'm not the only one who thought it was cold today!

Good Luck again! I'm sure we'll see you on the next season of ANTM. ;o)

Sep 20 06 09:14 pm Link

Model

ANNABELLA

Atlanta, Georgia, US

Cortney M wrote:
Good Luck again! I'm sure we'll see you on the next season of ANTM. ;o)

Thanks but doubt it. I honestly realized I don't think its my thing. But it was fun.

Sep 20 06 09:15 pm Link

Model

ANNABELLA

Atlanta, Georgia, US

By the way, one girl who's number never got called stayed in the room and had to be exited out by security cause she got all hostile. I saw her outside and she was following me; bitching and moaning about how she "don't wanna be on no reality show no way" I'm like...ok get away from you, you crazy chick with the grille. It was pretty funny.

And the clothes some girls were wearing! Sheesh! People, I know they wanna see personality but my goodness, even my cheeks were blushing from some of the insane, barely there alfits. And all I wore was skinny jeans and a yellow top cause that was the only thing I had left that was clean.

https://bestsmileys.com/clueless/4.gif

Sep 20 06 09:26 pm Link

Photographer

BlindMike

San Francisco, California, US

ANNABELLA wrote:
When #346 is in line in front of you  snacking on a Snickers bar and snuggled in a warm blanket after the 3rd hour and you begin thinking of 30 different ways you could possibly snatch that precious little candy bar away from her; you realize that maybe reality tv is just not your thing.

Actually, the whole point in reality tv is that they WANT you to snatch that precious little candy bar away from her (and then they'll broadcast the ensuing drama to the world).

Congrats smile

Sep 20 06 09:28 pm Link

Model

ANNABELLA

Atlanta, Georgia, US

BlindMike wrote:
Actually, the whole point in reality tv is that they WANT you to snatch that precious little candy bar away from her (and then they'll broadcast the ensuing drama to the world).

Congrats smile

Ah, very true. Now wonder the bushy haired red head got pick. Its all working into the reality television plan. https://bestsmileys.com/evil/3.gif

Sep 20 06 09:31 pm Link

Model

MelissaLynnette LaDiva

Leawood, Kansas, US

YAAAAY!!!!  Even though you don't think you'll make it, I'm still very proud of you.  And if you make it on the show, I'm gonna tell everybody I "know" you.  big_smile

Sep 20 06 09:49 pm Link

Model

-Katrina-

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, US

Melissa Lynnette wrote:
YAAAAY!!!!  Even though you don't think you'll make it, I'm still very proud of you.  And if you make it on the show, I'm gonna tell everybody I "know" you.  big_smile

um....
that was like,  a congrats and a kick in the cahones all in one
ouch

Sep 21 06 07:10 am Link