Forums > General Industry > This IM has to be a joke,I just want assurance lol

Photographer

Opus Lily

New York, New York, US

KM von Seidl wrote:
Yeah, but I wonder if this is going to end up as a sleazy photographer story.

It probably will. Anyone with bad intentions who owns a camera automatically reflects on the profession these days. Anyone can buy a camera, but owning one makes you just as much a photographer as buying a surgical mask makes you a doctor. It's kind of sad to see these people bring down a profession they have as much to do with as some Madden 2006 junkie has to do with the NFL. Though this sounds like common sense, most people automatically blame the entire profession on the behavior of a handful. These guys are not photographers. They own a camera. There's a difference. I bought some paint at an art store today. Does that make me Van Gogh?

Sep 22 06 12:30 am Link

Photographer

Opus Lily

New York, New York, US

Sep 22 06 12:31 am Link

Model

A BRITT PRO-AM

CARDIFF BY THE SEA, California, US

''One woman literally sawed off her own nipple because the IM guy said she had cancer.''
Excuse me? What?!? I really would like a citation on that one.

Can you post the photos??

Sep 22 06 02:00 am Link

Photographer

Boho Hobo

Santa Barbara, California, US

LiliOPhoto wrote:

It probably will. Anyone with bad intentions who owns a camera automatically reflects on the profession these days. Anyone can buy a camera, but owning one makes you just as much a photographer as buying a surgical mask makes you a doctor. It's kind of sad to see these people bring down a profession they have as much to do with as some Madden 2006 junkie has to do with the NFL. Though this sounds like common sense, most people automatically blame the entire profession on the behavior of a handful. These guys are not photographers. They own a camera. There's a difference. I bought some paint at an art store today. Does that make me Van Gogh?

Great point.

Sep 22 06 10:18 am Link